Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
  • Post about football in football threads. There is a chat thread for all your off topic needs.
  • No spamming, NWS content
  • There is a Fantasy Sports Subforum, keep your fantasy team stuff there.
  • Most of the SAS Rules thread rules apply here also
  • Be excellent to each other.

:siren: If you need a thread title/icon change or anything else, PM me. :siren:

Click Here to PM me

2018 Update:
  • Keep reporting things. I do read them but sometimes it takes a while for a probation to go through.
  • Feel free to make new threads on topics. If you don't see a GDT for something, make one, it'll be fine.
  • Rivals Puns are still prohibited. (Changing a Players name to be a hilarious snide against them.) It's annoying to read and not clever.
  • And remember, people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there're still some things that makes us all the same.

2019 Update:
  • Sometimes a 6 hour probation is just a placeholder till a larger one can go through.
  • If you have any questions about a probation or lack of, PM me. I'm open to chat about all decisions.
  • You don't need to put a ton of effort into Game Day Thread creation. You don't need permission to start one. Be the change you want to see, get a thread going if there isn't one by kickoff.
  • You can't shove someone into the water and stand around waitin' to see if they can swim

2020 Update:
  • You can use the report button for anything - not just bad posts. If you want a thread title changed, some other kind of edit, if you feel a poster deserves praise, feel free to alert me via that button.
  • Bigotry or racism in any form, ironic or otherwise, will not be tolerated. If you cant be funny or joke without it, don't post.
  • Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one.

2021 Update:
  • Leave offsite bullshit offsite.
  • The Division Threads each have their own vibe. It's fine.
  • I can fix avatar/gang tag issues quickly if you drop me a PM.
  • If you want to give forums upgrade prizes for a football forum game, get in touch with me, I can make that happen.
  • Who you are inside is what helps you make, and do, everything in life.

Goldmine and Archived TFF Threads:

2006:
TFF is Opened

Beast Quake
Bob's Burgers
Seattle SeaToxx

Buttfumble

Lost Season
Matt Ryan Divorce

2016:
The Steak Is Posted (Photoshops start on page 96)

2018:
High Fantasy Football Roleplaying Action

2019:
Ranking Super Bowl Era QB's by Logicblade

2021:
Nickelodeon GDT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
End of 2021/2022 Update:

Please do not derail threads with your dumb covid/political takes. I know that the sports world (and entire planet) is unfortunately getting derailed left and right by Covid but that is not an invitation to start making GBS threads up the threads every time it comes up that someone has tested positive. This falls under thread derailment and will not be acceptable. Additionally, trying to slide in thinly veiled or subtle racist statements will also not be tolerated for obvious reasons. So far that I've seen it was just the one person, and I think all of the regulars here know better so I don't expect it to be an issue going forward.

On a related note, please have the self awareness to know that your political interests and opinions are not always going to line up with that of your favorite and/or popular athletes. It gets tiresome seeing cool stories about a player only for someone to ride in and go "yeah but they don't agree with my politics so they can burn in hell". For the majority of you this isn't an issue, only a few people have done it but I just want to put it out there so you know. Essentially, file this under derailing threads.

:siren:
Athanatos has left us for an undetermined amount of time, so anything they previously mentioned about being able to do for you please reach out to me by PM and I will take care of it.

Additionally, if you guys have any requests or input about how things are going now or future things you would like to see please send me a PM. We have a good environment here and my goal is to keep that going with any improvements you guys would like to see.