Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Those Goddamn Rainbows Are At It Again

Just dusting off this thread to say how much I am enjoying the WOFF and Bonfireside Chat archives, which are the accompaniment to my daily 'try not to go loving bonkers on lockdown in London' walks / runs. Really great, entertaining, well-researched and thoughtful content. Also, I'm really glad that someone agrees with me RE the lack of benches in Hollow Knight :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Going to ditto that sentiment. Only trouble when I'm listening to older episodes is that sometimes someone will say the funniest thing ever and it feels like it's too late to mention it by the time I've gotten around to hearing it.

Regardless, I just want to say that "Mary Sousa" is :discourse:

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

CuriousSymptoms posted:

Just dusting off this thread to say how much I am enjoying the WOFF and Bonfireside Chat archives, which are the accompaniment to my daily 'try not to go loving bonkers on lockdown in London' walks / runs. Really great, entertaining, well-researched and thoughtful content. Also, I'm really glad that someone agrees with me RE the lack of benches in Hollow Knight :colbert:

traitor mantis lord corpse run is up there with black gulch

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Beartaco posted:

I finished Hypnospace Outlaw last night and listened to the episode. What a brilliant game, also weirdly a love letter to this place? Especially after seeing what I can only assume is an old school SA username tag in the credits.

I mean, not that weird given that the creator is a goon as well? Goes by Gaspy Conana.

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Those Goddamn Rainbows Are At It Again

Osmosisch posted:

I mean, not that weird given that the creator is a goon as well? Goes by Gaspy Conana.

Isn't that the same goon who made Dropsy? That was a great thread and a surprisingly enjoyable point and click (surprising given the usual fate of Goon Projects)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The guy behind Hypnospace has been on Topic Lords more than a handful of times.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Order of Ecclesia is one of those games that should like but just never fully clicked for me :shrug: It's been a perennial member of my "I should give this game another shot" list and I think if/when I do I will take into consideration your points about the game wanting you to play it a little differently than other Castlevanias.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

CuriousSymptoms posted:

Isn't that the same goon who made Dropsy? That was a great thread and a surprisingly enjoyable point and click (surprising given the usual fate of Goon Projects)

Yep! Jay Tholen, and as noted above his appearances on Topic Lords have also been excellent. Very nice guy.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Chris Avellone just got outed as a sex pest. This poo poo really sucks when it's someone who's work you love. He seemed like an okay guy on the episodes of WOFF he was on.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Edit:nm that was lovely of me

JollyBoyJohn fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 20, 2020

Musharraf
Aug 26, 2004

by Reene
Could y'all stop saying "sex pest" like it's a loving joke? It's incredibly offensive and triggering. The term is "rapist".

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

I don't think anyone is using sex pest as a joke or to be cute. It's more shorthand for lovely sexual behavior that doesn't include sex assault. I think of someone like Nick Robinson as a sex pest, and not a rapist, because he's definitely been a huge dickhead and is problematic as hell, but as far as I know, he hasn't sexually assaulted anyone.

Disregard if information has come to light about sex assault in this case. At least at the time of writing,I haven't read it.

Edit: Oh, the cosby guy is back. I love that there's someone is keeping Lowtax paid in order to paint me as a huge fan of rapist, not sexpest, Bill Cosby.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Woffle posted:

I don't think anyone is using sex pest as a joke or to be cute. It's more shorthand for lovely sexual behavior that doesn't include sex assault. I think of someone like Nick Robinson as a sex pest, and not a rapist, because he's definitely been a huge dickhead and is problematic as hell, but as far as I know, he hasn't sexually assaulted anyone.

Disregard if information has come to light about sex assault in this case. At least at the time of writing,I haven't read it.

Edit: Oh, the cosby guy is back. I love that there's someone is keeping Lowtax paid in order to paint me as a huge fan of rapist, not sexpest, Bill Cosby.

Yeah it's this. He hasn't raped or assaulted anyone, at least that we know of, so calling him a rapist just isn't accurate. I mostly picked up sex pest from British people on Twitter cause every celebrity in the UK seems to be one, or worse.

Musharraf
Aug 26, 2004

by Reene
So what was it supposed to have been if not assault? Did he stare at a girl's butt one time and give her PTSD? Oh poo poo, better unperson him stat.

On the other hand, the woman literally said they were assaulted, but hey, who gives a flying gently caress what she thinks.

*checks notes*

Yeah sorry lady, my woke handbook here says that experience only qualifies as "sex pest stuff". My favorite vidyagame writer didn't ASSAULT anyone.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sex pest is used to avoid the kind of detail-obsessed 'was it really rape though' derails that more precise terminology usually leads to. 'Sexual harasser/abuser' aren't as snappy. If you don't think the term is serious enough you're probably missing some context.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Musharraf posted:

So what was it supposed to have been if not assault? Did he stare at a girl's butt one time and give her PTSD? Oh poo poo, better unperson him stat.

On the other hand, the woman literally said they were assaulted, but hey, who gives a flying gently caress what she thinks.

*checks notes*

Yeah sorry lady, my woke handbook here says that experience only qualifies as "sex pest stuff". My favorite vidyagame writer didn't ASSAULT anyone.

I don't even like Avellone that much, bro. Like I never played any of his old poo poo and only think New Vegas is just good. You're projecting a fuckin ton here.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You guys should add chapter marks (or at least timecodes in the show notes) to The Level: I don't really enjoy listening to the personal talk, but I do like the games talk. Would be great to be able to skip the fluff.

Fame Douglas fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jun 23, 2020

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I drift in and out of the level, but to me it’s about listening to these friends talk about games and their lives. Seems fine the way it is.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Chapter marks don't change anything about the podcast, they just allow people that don't care about the personal parts to skip them.

Fame Douglas fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 23, 2020

Musharraf
Aug 26, 2004

by Reene

Osmosisch posted:

Sex pest is used to avoid the kind of detail-obsessed 'was it really rape though' derails that more precise terminology usually leads to. 'Sexual harasser/abuser' aren't as snappy. If you don't think the term is serious enough you're probably missing some context.
Yeah, heaven forbid you get bogged down by details before unpersoning someone. Gotta make it snappy!

If it’s serious, then call it what it is, rape or abuse. If not, maybe cool it with the public shaming / performative wokeness.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Musharraf posted:

performative wokeness.

This is my favorite phrase of 2020

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

All right, I see where we're at. Good luck.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Musharraf posted:

Yeah, heaven forbid you get bogged down by details before unpersoning someone. Gotta make it snappy!

If it’s serious, then call it what it is, rape or abuse. If not, maybe cool it with the public shaming / performative wokeness.

You ended up on the wrong website.

4Chan is that way ——->

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

'ey I'm performin' wokeness over here.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I knew the tens of thousands of dollars they've raised for charities over the last few years was all an act.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I knew the tens of thousands of dollars they've raised for charities over the last few years was all an act.

Speaking of that, I don’t think anyone has posted about Duckfest 2020: Enter the Compu-Realm that’s happening THIS WEEKEND. Live streamed episodes of each podcasts, tons of bonus stuff, guest podcasts, and raising money so we can perform wokeness.

https://duckfeed.tv/duckfest

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.
Can’t wait to watch this wokeness be performed and donate to the charity in an act of wokeness by proxy.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Dont want to distract from the guy doing tedious trolling but I wanted to give a huge thank you to Kole and Jim for introducing me to Stephen King’s From a Buick 8! Book was an absolute delight, easily the highlight of the quarantine for me

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Somehow I ended up three episodes behind on Abject Suffering, and have to say Rock Star Ate My Hamster, Ninjabread Man, and Popeye (ZX) were all bangers.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Somehow I ended up three episodes behind on Abject Suffering, and have to say Rock Star Ate My Hamster, Ninjabread Man, and Popeye (ZX) were all bangers.

Oh yeah, Rock Star Ate My Hamster was fantastic. I'm only part way through Ninjabread Man but the Passion of Elevator Kole was delightful

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I created a podcast discord, https://discord.gg/rTc2f7z zoo dog chat welcome

Hyrax Attack! fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 24, 2020

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I guess at some point I should just post in the slack huh

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Yeah, I'm gonna quit this place. Thank you to the person who changed my avatar.

If you're a patron, please join us in the slack! If you're not a patron, the slack is a nice place.

Thanks to everyone who was cool, no thanks to everyone who wasn't! Watch Duckfest 2 this weekend!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
See ya Gary. I decided to take the $3 a month I was giving Lowtax and up my duckfeed pledge, been really enjoying Days of Future Casts.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Peace Gary, I unsubbed from the Patreon since you guys honestly do too much for me to keep up with but I'll always resub when you do a patreon extended episode that I'm particularly fond of

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My Patreon money for Lowtax is getting re-routed to you guys when I'm back home and don't have to gently caress around with doing it on my phone, so look forward to that.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
The first day of Duckfest 2020 was a huge success. We look forward to more tomorrow.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Gary and Kole replay Hollow Knight you cowards. I've also been considering a new playthrough now that they've put out a bunch of extra content but I also want to give the ultra mega final boss rush a couple more shots before I abandon it.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.
Hey can someone help me out? I'm going crazy trying to find the Abject Suffering where Gary's character is someone who only wants to watch cartoons about a baby crawling across a girder, can anyone remember which episode that is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Down With People posted:

Hey can someone help me out? I'm going crazy trying to find the Abject Suffering where Gary's character is someone who only wants to watch cartoons about a baby crawling across a girder, can anyone remember which episode that is?

I remember everything about this bit except what game it was. It was from 2018/19 for sure.