Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

The Berzerker posted:

I listened to basically every episode of BSC and I listen to RFMW a ton but I have never listened to a single WOFF, at least as of yet :shobon:

Should I just pick an episode for a game I like, and start from there?

Yup, unless you love metroid prime, go pick a game you like and go listen to the woff episode about it. If you love BSC I'd recommend starting with a big rpg, they're the most similar. Witcher 3, ff6/7, deus ex, baldurs gate, earthbound, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Yes!

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

DrManiac posted:

Last week's xcom episode made me start another play through of Xcom 2 and man does that game keep giving. Every Time I go back to it there's always a new handful of cool mods that add or change things in cool ways. Just hundreds of mods that adds new enemies, classes, weapons, and mechanics.

Same. Screw you Kole and Gary, I have other games to play! (jk love you guys)

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

A Strange Aeon posted:

I just use Spotify for music so it seemed easy to use it for the few podcasts I listen to. I've been wanting to become a woff patron for awhile, but wasn't sure how it would work.

If I download a podcast app, does the app itself have some place for me to put credentials to access the premium Duckfeed content? Or I would download them from some repository I get access to through the Duckfeed Patreon page and then just play them in the app like any other downloaded audio?

I like that Spotify updates with the latest episodes of WOFF so I never have to go searching for them, but I'm open to trying whatever I guess, assuming I can hear the premium episodes.

you get a link from patreon, pop it into your player, and you'll see it in your feed just like on spotify.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

The zerg campaign is pretty easy if you use kerrigan, she's insanely powerful. It's a good campaign.

The protoss one gets really tough early on and in the finale when doing brutal, but is about the same as the terran campaign on normal.

The epilogue isnt that hard, and the same goes for the nova expansion pack.

I really recommend doing all of them if you enjoyed the first campaign, it only gets better gameplay-wise. The story continues to be pretty dumb but whatever.

Playing Coop is also really fun. They're basically big single player missions that you play together with your teammate, and the commanders you use get very interesting powers, units, and abilities. It's also surprisingly non toxic in my experience, and it's fun to level up your commanders.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

The lads are featured in aWired article on "Video Game Bookclubs", here.

https://twitter.com/adribbleofink/status/1511744368775901185?s=20&t=WACiuiyNZSdeR4q0_xLEdA

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

elden ring is great, also on PS4. it does target 30fps though. Seeing as you've already started bloodborne, Elden Ring and Dark Souls 3 are closest in game-feel (but still pretty different). Dark souls 1+2 and Demon's souls will feel very slow compared to the newer games, the combat is way more deliberate and while the basic movement is the same, it feels very different. Still highly recommended, every entry in the souls series brings something great to the table.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Thanks for info glad the PS4 port is quality, was worried it was a Cyberpunk fiasco. I don’t have as much free time as I used to so will probably go with Elden Ring. I like how I can play Bloodborne in half hour increments and it’s fun and I can make progress, but not realistic I could get through the whole DS series.

all DS games are excellent to play in 30-60 minutes increments, just play until you find a new bonfire/grace/lantern, or do a couple of boss runs! Elden Ring is amazing but also -very- long, easily two to three times the length of the original dark souls.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Flubby posted:

Man, that was rough going listening to the MGS5 episodes. The story is barely there, but that's almost all that got talked about. I wish they had moved on and talked about what you could do in the game a bit more. I'm hoping the Halloween episodes are more fun than this.

I mean, it was a long set of episodes and they spent like 2-3 hours on gameplay, and the rest on story, I thought they were great episodes (although the story stuff didn't bother me because I love the playground and mastering missions). The lads really dislike 'score attacks' in most games like this (see Hitman for example) so a big part of the fun most people had with MGS V isn't for them, which is 100% understandable.

Also, some neat toys and mechanics are pretty hidden and will require you to spend a long time loving around, reading wikis/watching videos/grinding the basebuilding part, which they obviously touched upon but didn't spend ages with.

i don't wanna play white knight for G&K and I don't wanna disparage your opinion ofc so apologies if it comes across that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

A Strange Aeon posted:

I know they'd both love the setting and story telling of Caves of Qud but it seems unlikely their format would really work for it.

Qud should be a pretty good format fit imo: straightforward main quest, and options to enable saves / non-permadeath. It would be similar in structure like a Bethesda open world rpg basically. Could even copy the "big rpg" episode format: 1 ep on mechanics, 1 on main quest, 1 on side content.