Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Vince MechMahon posted:

I feel like this last season of BFSC broke them though. Gary and Cole are now both constantly defending almost everything they say and arguing with a straw man who's not there about stuff on every show. I'm sure that comes from all the dumb poo poo they got from idiot dark souls 3 fans for them not sucking that game off the entire season, but it's starting to get grating even as someone who likes their output.

Yeah I kinda had to stop listening for the same reason. I feel like the breaking point was the Profaned Capitol episode where it felt like they were constantly reiterating their views on Yhorm being a disappointment in slightly different ways for like 40 minutes straight? It probably wasn't 40 minutes, but it did feel like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

credburn posted:

Listening to the Abject Suffering episode about Ganja Farmer affected me weirdly. Gary talks about his indifference to weed and he mentions this kind of aside about grownups being high around him as a kid. My parents were drug dealers, and when I grew up I had a really strong (at times debilitating) fear and repulsion to weed even if intellectually I understood it wasn't a big deal. It came from just being a kid and not understanding what it meant when someone was "drunk" or "high." As a naive, dumb kid all I really understood was that sometimes Mom acts really loving weird and I want to be anywhere else but here. It's one of those things I've dealt with my entire life and it's hard to talk to because very few people can relate. Many of my friends had parents who were drug addicts or dealers themselves, and most of them just became addicts and dealers. Very few of us grew up the opposite way.

Well, anyway. It's kind of strange to point to a half hour long podcast about a bad video game as being so significant, but it helped me get through an otherwise long, lonely day.

That's honestly kinda heartwarming in a weird way.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Vince MechMahon posted:

I don't think I "get" this episode of BFC in the bundle. Like, I know Souls of Darkness is not real. But is there actually a reference to the book Gary wrote in FF2, in the form of a fake tiger LCD game?

Yes, that does exist in Frog Fractions 2/Glittermitten Grove

It's hidden within a different minigame, but it's there

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
If anyone doesn't listen to MIMP, you owe it to yourself to at least listen to the one where Gary discovers the existence of star-nosed moles on air http://www.monsterinmypodcast.com/21

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Well guess I won't be listening to Bonfireside Chat again anytime soon, because the circular discussions they had anytime they didn't like something were driving me crazy

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Vince MechMahon posted:

This time they're going to be totally right, though.

They've been right before, it's still a lot of going in circles around the same points in order to defend themselves against every possible objection someone might have that I don't have much use for.

The rightness or wrongness is kind of irrelevant here, it's just this thing that seems to happen to them when they don't like a thing in Dark Souls

Or don't like a pop culture property that has a tie-in game on Abject Suffering but that's a different kettle of fish and one that's easier to avoid when I don't feel like it, because I can just skip ahead ten minutes and listen to them talk about booger semen or whatever

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Tracula posted:

I'm saying this as a fan of the show and all but it feels like they really seldom actually disagree with each other in a major way (I actually can't think of any examples off the top of my head) and yeah, they do just beat the same point into the ground back and forth over and over.

I mean they do have differences of opinion now and then(like Kole being more positive on VNs then Gary or Gary liking the song "Inside Out" by Eve 6) but they do have very similar tastes and backgrounds, Kole's weird time displaced TV history notwithstanding and occasionally I feel like it ends up with them locked into a certain perspective and barely even knowing there's a different way to look at things.

I mean don't get me wrong, them being in sync works great most of the time, it's just annoying when they start playing pong with a point and neither of them are moving the paddle

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Aardark posted:

I feel the only way for BSC to move forward is shifting to random games with souls in the title. Start with Murdered: Soul Suspect.

Murdered: Soul Suspect is, imo, the dark souls of ghost games

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I feel like Monster In My Podcast is consistently the strongest thing they put out, probably because of how distilled it is

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Can whoever keeps recommending 3D platformers to AS please stop, because every time it leads to the same drab bland 30 minutes of 90s Kids Not Comprehending Slightly Younger 90s Kids

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

misadventurous posted:

So many people cream themselves over like Banjo-Kazooie (thus Yooka-Laylee) but it really is a plodding, boring game. N64 open-ended platformers sucked and Super Mario 64 is the only good one. It was nice to not feel like I'm crazy for having this opinion for once.

For once sure, but do you really need to be told five times from the same people in the same way?

Eh maybe you do, I certainly understand the value of not being alone on some things. I just find it boring.

The Vosgian Beast fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 25, 2017

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Bruh, you have the right to try to avoid twitter randos screaming at you over not liking Glover and other people have the right to not enjoy episodes where you're forced to do that and wish you'd find yourself in less situations where it's a necessity. Either way it's a small portion of your output and I doubt anyone here cares THAT much if one of the 12 things you guys release every week is a bit sub-par for understandable reasons.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Bruh, you have the right to try to avoid twitter randos screaming at you over not liking Glover and other people have the right to not enjoy episodes where you're forced to do that and wish you'd find yourself in less situations where it's a necessity. Either way it's a small portion of your output and I doubt anyone here cares THAT much if one of the 12 things you guys release every week is a bit sub-par for understandable reasons.

And furthermore, if someone does care that much, they shouldn't, because there are more important things in life than dudes trying to be nice and ending up kinda boring now and then

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I had a lot of fun with it

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Or just don't compare to stuff you don't know anything about and then try to avoid criticism with insecure waffling

Has a point

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Vince MechMahon posted:

I like anime. Some anime is good. I know exactly what they mean when they say something is "anime as gently caress." And so do you. So shut up.

I have a pretty distinct idea of anime as gently caress, but I feel like they overuse or use it oddly enough to the point where it becomes a useless non-comment.

I really didn't need a weird digression about Protoman's scarf in my life, is what I'm saying.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

EC posted:

If you're listening to duckfeed for something OTHER than weird digressions, you're doing it wrong.

There are good weird digressions and bad weird digressions. Sometimes you have Witcher 3 side quests and other times you have Ubisoft side quests

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I dunno I think I can win the New Yorker caption contest now

"Waiter there's a fly in my soup"

"Didn't realize there was an arbiter for which ingredients are good and which are bad. Please, tell me more."

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
edit: Wrong thread

The Vosgian Beast fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jun 1, 2017

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I played a lot of Bugs Bunny: Lost In Time as a young sprat

A bit disappointed they didn't look up some of the later levels on youtube, but hey, Gamefaqs Gold is always good.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
BMX XXX

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

SleepCousinDeath posted:

Was cringing during the Congo podcast when you guys implied that Apes aren't dope as gently caress.

Yeah those movies own

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
And Woody Harrelson owns in it, dumb trailer line or no

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Brother Entropy posted:

poo poo and i'd been sorta thinking of buying that since the complete edition's on sale for 20 bucks on psn right now

ty gary and kole for pushing me over the edge

Do it, it owns

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Is it weird that the most exciting part of a Dark Souls Remaster is that we might get another Bonfire Side Chat or two out of it?

They hate dark souls now, so hopefully not

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Well everyone with a brain loves dark souls 2

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

NmareBfly posted:

I want RIFTS but RIFTS is such an enormous mess I dunno even where to start.

RIFTS doesn't have a dedicated monster manual either, unless there's some supplement I'm forgetting. Usually they're just scattered through the world books

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Some very good Pocket or Gretta background contributions in the Art & Artist Dispatch.

Pocket and Gretta are excellent podcats

Also lately the RSS feed for Monster in My Podcast has been randomly downloading old episodes from the first season, so if either Gary or Kole read this it's probably a good idea to find out why that is.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
https://twitter.com/Janchampion3000/status/1202530903509078016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Sleeveless posted:

If you think a single person putting a single instance of the f-word means everyone involved is an alt-right anti-lgbt rear end in a top hat I have bad news about the forum you are currently posting on and also yourself.

I AM TRULY ONE OF THE WORST POSTERS ON THIS SITE. LOOK UPON THIS GUY MANN REREG AND DESPAIR.