Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
I've been listening to these dudes a lot lately since they guested on Retronauts and I really enjoy it, it reminds me of hanging out with one of my old buddies and just riffing on whatever comes to mind while playing games back in the day. I listened to the Sonic Spinball episode a while back and since I live in Portland for the foreseeable future, I really wanna show Gary the ropes when it comes to pinball on some of my favorite tables one day at Ground Kontrol or the like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

C-Euro posted:

Gary/Kole if you want a period piece zombie story (based on your RE0 discussion) check out Kingdom on Netflix, it's very good.

seconding this, it's an incredibly good show, especially if you dig korean period dramas.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
I'm really happy they're finally doing Fallout 4 on WOFF; my wife got me that and a bunch of new computer hardware for Christmas one year and I have sunk so much time into it and goofy poo poo like the crafting and settlement building and such. It was the first Fallout title I played and I'm sure it's blasphemy, but I actually like most of the streamlining that they did to the game. I've tried to go back to some of the older titles and just bounced off of them but this one had just the right gimmicks and gameplay to keep me engaged for way too long. They're right about the dialog though, it sucks poo poo.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
I actually did a playthrough with each faction instead of putting off choosing, the most fun was sneaking into Nuka-World at the very beginning instead of properly leveling up and then coming back and steamrolling all the low level quests with my raider pals.

I’ve put something insane like 2000 hours into this game and listening to them talk about all the parts that were good kinda makes me want to go back and build up all my weird little settlements again.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
XII is actually really good and has been my favorite since its release. I always dug the combat system and the more politically-oriented storyline, and the Zodiac Age release fixes a bunch of stuff that was kind of tedious about the original, as Gary points out. Definitely give it a shot if you have the time for it.