Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

In.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I like musicals. I mean, some musicals. I like musicals that involve a con man or huckster pulling a con and then being won over by love and using his con for good.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Or not being won over and still just conning people.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Asiina posted:

I like musicals that involve music.

Pssshhhhh, overrated.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I like musicals that involve no cats.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Confirming that I am going to bed.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

kumba posted:

It's going to be a real shpadoinkle day

Did you steal my musical!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I should watch Cannibal again.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

My thoughts are with you KB. Sorry for your loss.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sometimes the world is black, and tears run from your eyes.
Maybe we'll all get really sick and maybe we'll all die.
Sooooooooo
Let's build a snowman.
We can make him our best friend.
We can name him Tom, or we can name him George.
We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall.
Snowman!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

Did you steal my musical!

But not really, because cannibal isn't a broadway musical and I am a rule follower. But it is one of my favorite musicals.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Asiina posted:

I'm not any of those things.

Get rekt

Asiina is Cats.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Well there isn't a musical called MOTHS.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

garthoneeye posted:

There is one called Batboy. It's amazing.

Die Fladermaus-boy?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Also if you're an andrew lloyd weber musical you are scum IRL.

I like Jesus Christ Superstar

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mithross posted:

I'm only interested in voting out people who's musicals have patter songs.

If someone wants to own up to that so we can boot you, that would be great, tia

My musical has a patter song, it's not Gilbert and Sullivan though. And it isn't one of the song(s) I have power(s) for.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

My musical has a patter song, it's not Gilbert and Sullivan though. And it isn't one of the song(s) I have power(s) for.

Oh no, I lied, my power is a patter song. There are 2 in my musical. The horror.

Also, what do you have against them? This is a patter song and it is fantastic.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Good god, Monorail is a patter song.
This blasphemy cannot stand, ##vote Mithross

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mithross, I hate you, I went on a 2 hour youtube delve with patter songs last night.

Mason game, I would pick either Keane or KFC.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

And the why, KFC for pretty much the reasons he said, we tend to think on the same wavelength, and having someone to bounce ideas off of without the filter is nice.
Keane because I enjoy talking to Keane.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Today was my kid's 5th birthday party, we did it at a trampoline place. It exercised muscles I didn't know I had. I hurt now. It was super fun though.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Li Dawny posted:

Your five year old has the same birthday as my eight year old.

Today isn't his birthday, just the party :)

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

I remember congratulating you on having the kid. Time flies.

I know, right? He's going to kindergarten next year.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Is rarity in this game?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

poo poo, I'm around. ##vote Rarity

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

There is a shrek musical?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

got some chores tonight posted:

i didnt do anything last night

Why is this your response to someone calling you scum from a night action?

##vote chores

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Asiina posted:

Rarity used her note message on me last night's also someone stole my money, presumably it wasn't her since I doubt she could use both.

lol, that would be funny, Hey, I'm totally town, thanks for all of the cash BYE!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Asiina posted:

Is this real? Tell me right now if this is a joke.

He knew the shrek musical part. So he had some night action that targetted chores.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

got some chores tonight posted:

im not rly interested in playing this game i dont like most of the players and my role is lame so im just going to go back to posting at the same frequency i did day 1

Lame, I am an awesome person.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

GulagDolls posted:

What would the town reaction to "you are scum" be

I'm not scum. Not I didn't do anything last night.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

That's vaguely broken. I hope the scum got a warning that claiming their flavor was potentially hazardous, at least a calculated risk, but whatever. When someone says you're scum, if you're not scum, you don't make excuses for why they can't know that you're scum.

How is it any more broken than a cop that gets a random target?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CCKeane posted:

I have two abilities:

I can get the alignment of a random MUSICAL (not player) that is still active in the game.

I can get a list of all musicals in the game (significantly more expensive).

A lot of people already said what their musicals were so I figured I'd take a shot. It worked.

Like this is a power that is strictly worse than a cop. You can't target it and there is a roadblock to seeing who you got. It isn't a big roadblock.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Fair I guess, I just hate things that by default target randomly for that kind of swing.

Yeah, it always sucks to be screwed by a random roll of the die.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I'm sorry I don't sing:( I feel bad, but I am atonal in addition to arrhythmic.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Where's my prize?

They promised me a prize....

Only if you win.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mithross posted:

If she doesn't spontaneously volunteer to sing a duet without knowing it will help him get ahead in his Internet party game, it isn't forever love.

Also it's St Paddy's day, I was laid off yesterday for no reason and am half irish, so if the thread opens today I will basically not contribute, and anything I do say should be read while assuming my blood alcohol level is moderately to highly elevated.

If you don't or are not from a place where they celebrate St Patrick's day, we apologize for this interruption, normal service will be resumed shortly.

Sorry about the job poo poo:(

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mithross posted:

I decided to do an entry, just so khyros can beat me honestly instead of winning by default.

[url=http://vocaroo.com/i/s0wQJpLOcGKT]Dr Horrible's Turn[/b]

I think the songs subject matter is close enough, and also Dr Horrible is the only musical I know well enough to sing a song from.

Apologies for how quite it is, my roommate is asleep in the next room and we have crap insulation;.

I can't hear it, am I doing something wrong or did you upload 2 minutes of dead air?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I think KFC is the scum. The reaction he had to Keane's claim feels like a scum reaction when he knows that chores wasn't scum. All of it, from all angles, feels like a scum reaction.
Why isn't that role as claimed fair? It's a cop with a layer of obfuscation.

##vote KFC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

That's vaguely broken. I hope the scum got a warning that claiming their flavor was potentially hazardous, at least a calculated risk, but whatever. When someone says you're scum, if you're not scum, you don't make excuses for why they can't know that you're scum.

Look at this post from a scum-spective. It makes sense. From a town-spective, less so.

• Locked thread