Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I've never used LPix because I've never made a screenshot LP, but I think that site is easier to upload a lot of pics in a given update and that's why people use it.

Having watched the Forbidden Memories LP, The Sacred Cards looks tame by comparison. The fact that you can't use the powerful cards that you get right off the bat makes sense, although the rock/paper/scissors thing looks ripe for abuse by the computer. I was upset that I never got a physical GBA copy because it contained the best combination of cards packaged with one of the games, including Harpy's Feather Duster which was just Raigeki for trap and spell cards.

I know nothing about Reshef of Destruction because by the time that was released, I stopped caring about Yu-Gi-Oh. The TCG is like if Wizards of the Coast released a new Onslaught block every other year- the game's equivalent of creature types seem dominant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I only played Eternal Duelist's Soul when it came to Yu-Gi-Oh video games. It was also pretty easy, but I prefer that to some of the absolute bullshit that Konami gave players in games both prior to and after The Sacred Cards. You also get to fight characters from the anime, but it's not in an overworld RPG-like theme- you get to choose who you duel, and you get more characters to play as you beat them enough times. It also has the rules of actual Yu-Gi-Oh: no resistances or auto-kills, no weird ritual stuff like in Forbidden Memories.

In EDS, when you put in the code for a card, you automatically get it. The catch is that you can only use the code for a given card once.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Yes, Marik telling Joey to die is a bridge too far. This is the dub that changed the "these saws will slice your feet off" to "these energy discs will send you to the Shadow Realm," after all. And the Umbra & Lunis fight contained a portal to the Shadow Realm at the bottom of the fall, because we can't have somebody dying by falling a bunch of stories to the ground underneath.

Also, what's with the weird laughs some of the characters have in TSC? "Fufufufu" was also a laugh used in Pokemon Silver/Gold, and I'm not sure why.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The Sacred Cards struck me as having a perfectly fine difficulty curve. Why Konami took a wrecking ball to that and added a bunch of bullshit to Reshef of Destruction, we'll never know. But their Yu-Gi-Oh games seem far more miss than hit.

Also, your updates are a good length. No need to change them.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Zore posted:

They have new series with new continuities now.

The latest one just ended, but there have been 5 since the original duel monsters. In every single one card games have become more and more important to everyday life.
Didn't Egyptian civilization collapse in the Yu-Gi-Oh because of the predecessor to Duel Monsters? Way to hasten humanity's demise, idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I stopped following the thread midway through Reshef, so I missed the absolute worst bullshit as it happened. An Impact Goemon cameo is worthless without the theme song.

• Locked thread