Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh God, you're going to have to play Reshef.

Godspeed you poor bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I replayed DDS recently, and honestly, most of the fusions just aren't worth it. Just make a bunch of 1900-2000 custom cards and

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

so I played the biggest beatstick I had every turn
Do that.

I also remember that they accidentally made King of Yami ('King of Yamimakai' apparently) level 4 instead of level 5. I loved that card, and remember being very upset that the 'real' version was nerfed so hard.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If there are video games in hell, Reshef of Destruction is one of them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hey, at least BN4 is playable. Kinda. Mostly.

I'm not sure which is my favorite of the GBA Yu-Gi-Oh games. Worldwide Tournament was fun, but kind of really same-y and a lot grindy, despite the attempts to fix that. Maybe GX Duel Academy? Which one was it that had Duel Puzzles and the real-world card packs. Was it 2006? I lost a lot of time to that one.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Mar 18, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

gently caress y'all, Link Monsters are Konami finally having an answer to rein back in the powercreep that's been climbing up the game's rear end since they invented the phrase 'Synchro Fusion'. Yeah, it comes tethered to an unwieldy mechanic, but anyone complaining about Link Monsters without having seen the absurd Calvinball-Mornington-Crescent-Rocket-Tag YGO has turned into can eat my Duel Dick.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

serefin99 posted:

I have seen the, quote, "Calvinball-Mornington-Crescent-Rocket-Tag YGO has turned into," and Links are not the solution. I can sympathize with wanting the game to slow down. It's why I don't touch any meta decks period, since I prefer my duels to last more than 2 turns. But what Links are doing isn't 'slowing the game down'. They're cutting off its legs, throwing it into a pit of starving tigers, and yelling, "Run, Forrest! Run!"

tl;dr anyone who legitimately thinks the Link mechanic will be healthy for the game can eat my Duel Dick.
Maybe it's wishful thinking, yeah. It's entirely possible we're just gonna return right back to the days of Kozmo Or Bust. But I WANT TO BELIEVE.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I used to play Gem Knights. Ah, the heady days back when being able to fuse multiple monsters in one turn was just a cool deck gimmick. :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRpLEpkF4hY

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Koguma posted:

So people who enjoy a hobby and have the time and resources to invest in a hobby they like, deserve scorn and pity? :downs:
Good job getting right back on the slapfight we all just forcibly pulled ourselves away from with a much better derail. Avenging your fragile ego was totally worth dragging this thread back into the poo poo.

Your e-honor is restored! May internet pussy and/or dick rain on your kingdom forevermore! :bravo:

Sorites posted:

Can you still do that one turn Exodia victory deck gimmick?

Also, unrelated, has anyone ever won a tournament match by randomly drawing Exodia as their starting five card hand?
Every so often a new one pops up and they have to nerf whatever draw engine it uses.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 19, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Even before that, you had Mechanicalchaser. Nowadays, it's a trash common, but once upon a time, when La-Jinn was THE powerhouse 4-star monster? That fucker easily went for $250 each. And what were you really supposed to do about it?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Infernoids were fun.

Honestly, the only decks recently that made me want to quit (rather than just the price and the toxic playerbase) was PSY-Frames. Jesus Christ, I don't care if they were balanced or not, that was the most unfun poo poo to play against in the history of the goddamn game. At least against a one-turn-win decks, the games were quick.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hey, Ephraim, your link to your balance patch doesn't work. Think we could get a reupload, and maybe a changelog? That'd be rad.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ephraim225 posted:

Reuploading. I'll try to remember what I can about it. I made it a long time ago and knew zero ASM though so I'll likely update it at some point.

Download here. The changes I remember are:
- The price of all cards at the shop was divided by 10 to make them match Sacred Cards prices, EXCEPT for the Exodia pieces. They sell for quite a bit still.
- All cards had their Deck Cost halved, meaning less capacity grinding.
- You now earn more capacity and money from duels.
- Some monsters were given additional effects. Example: Queen's Double and Rainbow Flower have the same effect as Mystic Lamp, which is to attack the opponent directly. Nothing that game-breaking, just thought a couple starter cards could use a boost.
- All cards now have their TCG stats. There were a few that originally did not.
- Ritual monsters have had their Divine attributes removed (don't you DARE spoil why I did that)
- Ritual spells were replaced with monster cards originally removed in Reshef of Destruction
- The final boss was nerfed. Believe me, he needed it.
- All opponents now start at 8000 LP.
You are a saint. Can you give me the For Dummies version of the directions on how to turn off the Permanent Effects sweep, with the code thing, on VBA?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I've been playing the patched version, and it's much more fun.

I noticed that Tristan and Duke still only give 1 Deck Capacity when you win, though.

Edit The Duel Computer, too.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Mar 21, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Honestly, even patched, it kind of has that problem a little bit. Either I'm going to have to keep grinding for Deck Capacity, or just deal with the fact that sometimes, I'm not going to draw anything with a power over 700 while some random schmuck drops a Cozmo Queen on my rear end.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kaibaman is great. It was one of their first attempts to make Blue-Eyes good again, and they went with Kaiba wearing a gijinka cosplay. :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ramos posted:

So is he just like Storm Crow for Yugioh or something?
Nah, that'd be Shapesnatch.

Frog the Jam is more like... Chimney Imp.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

"But first, I play Pot of Greed, which lets me draw two cards from my deck!"

"Good move! Since he played Pot of Greed, he can draw two more cards!"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This is getting very silly.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If Yugi is Goku, and Kaiba is Vegeta, then Joey is Krillin, Tristan is Yamcha, obviously, and Tea is... Chi-Chi...?

Does that make Pegasus Frieza?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ephraim225 posted:

Oh, we're watching a stage performance? Will there be dancing hippoes? I like dancing hippoes.
I think that'd be more of a carnival.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Poor Inpachi. Gets burned alive, dies, gets brought back by a mad scientist as a cyborg, and then gets destroyed for good by this clown.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sangan was overpowered because they'd underestimated how useful searching for any low-attack monster could be, and it became more and more so as the game evolved.

Witch of the Black Forest, meanwhile, was overpowered from Day 1, since it could search out La Jinn and Summoned Skull, and Jinzo, the three unarguably strongest monsters in YuGiOh for a very long time.

Edit Well, except Man-Eater Bug, I guess. But Sangan could grab MEB too, and Flip monsters got nerfed hard by Nobleman of Crossout.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 28, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh my god that sidequest. :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

\How the gently caress does this game work? :psyduck:
Duel Monsters is a bunch of nonsense and I love it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:ohdear:

Is this the part where you break out the completely loving broken strategy to tear this game in half?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This LP has been fantastic, and I can't wait to see you playing an actually good game again.

• Locked thread