Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I remember slamming my head into Reshef as a kid. I think I only managed to get a little past where you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

... They are still making new yu-gi-oh epsiodes? Actually, I would kinda have a nostalgic desire to see a reboot of the first few seasons of the show, kinda like dragonball z and fullmetal.

They have new series with new continuities now.

The latest one just ended, but there have been 5 since the original duel monsters. In every single one card games have become more and more important to everyday life.

Also they just released a movie thats a followup from the first series about Yugi/Kaiba etc. a few years later.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

get that OUT of my face posted:

Didn't Egyptian civilization collapse in the Yu-Gi-Oh because of the predecessor to Duel Monsters? Way to hasten humanity's demise, idiots.

One of the later series features a caste system based on your ability to duel! I should also stress that series has a mini arc where the protagonist is thrown into jail and manages to escape by using illegally smuggled cards provided by the other prisoners to duel the warden for his freedom. And every city in the world has a highway system configured to change on a whim to a race track so people can play card duels on motorcycles against each other.

And that's probably the most grounded setting.

Zore fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Mar 25, 2017

• Locked thread