Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

This game suffers from the same problem I had with Megaman Battle Network: it's set in a modern world where everything consequential is decided by playing a completely arbitrary and inconsequential game.

"You've foiled my plans again, Lan Yugi! But why am I not simply pointing a gun at your head?"
because 4Kids removed them all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Cool triple post.
And that scene is awesome simply because it's that universe's equivalent of throwing a gun that's out of ammo, and it actually worked.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Raserys posted:

watching an anime about how people actually play this card game, sweaty dudes shuffling cards silently back and forth, does not sound remotely appealing

AlphaKretin posted:

Tbh I'm not sure what else you could possibly expect from an anime about a card game. The stakes are obviously gonna escalate and they're not just gonna drop the focus of the show when it happens.

Raserys posted:

when I outgrew yugioh the first time, I remember also thinking that card games determining the fate of the world was dumb, but now, as a jaded adult sustaining himself on nostalgic media, I think it owns and is good

You people are missing my point. I said the problem with this game, as in Reshef of Destruction. I didn't mean Yugioh altogether. I should've been clearer.

• Locked thread