Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

So...how much trouble have you been having thus far? With the way these updates are paced, it seems like you're flying through the game without much trouble. Did you grind for all that long, or did you just get rolling as soon as you got Hoshiningen and Hourglass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

Onmi posted:

So yeah. Ephraim's basically bitching about... Yugioh the franchise.

To be fair, I think most of his complaints were more about HOW these concepts were introduced. Duel Monsters was pretty consistent about the Heart of the Cards thing from beginning to end, so it wasn't as shocking when that got more and more overblown; whereas Arc-V seems like it dumped it all at once, before the viewer would've been able to process everything. And I never watched past Duel Monsters Season 4, but, I don't remember anyone creating dimensions with just their playing cards, so...that's a shock to me as well.

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

So Ephraim, out of curiosity...did you watch Arc-V with subs, or did you watch it dubbed (assuming it's dubbed)? I mean, I know for a fact I'm behind on the times, but I don't recall Yu-Gi-Oh having a lot of luck when it comes to faithful script adaptation...

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Ephraim225 posted:

I'm getting a lot of mileage out of Slifer here. Though, it is one card out of the forty I've got. No strategy in this game is 100% consistent, unfortunately.

Sure there is! It just takes an innate knowledge of how the RNG works, and how to manipulate it, that's all .

It's not quite as simple as it normally is with GBA games, but it's still not that hard; I can tell you if you like.

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Also, how the hell did Kaiba get in if you need those cards to infiltrate the castle?

Pfft, like he hasn't done THAT before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkMhyIJnJAg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD75dgZmsUE

Fionordequester fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 13, 2017

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

MissileWaster posted:

I was a Nintendo child growing up, so Falsebound Kingdom was the only console Yu-Gi-Oh I got to play. How is Cocoon of Evolution broken in Duelist of the Roses? Is it just that it has 2000 defense and can hold out until Great Moth?

At least you weren't missing much. I mean, I actually LIKED Forbidden Memories (hence the red text)...but that's very much INSPITE of it's quality, rather than because of it

Honestly, if Ephraim does decide to go ahead and do some rebalance patches, I'd much rather see what he could do with Forbidden Memories instead of Reshef. And maybe see if someone else could add new mechanics, story content (mainly so that the Present Time isn't such an afterthought), and etc., etc.

Fionordequester fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Apr 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

raisamike3 posted:

Now that enemies have thousands more LP that they ever should, alongside broken cards, multiple battles in a row with crappy rules, and of course the endless padding; I believe it can only go down from here.

I'm Scared man

Pfeh, you think THAT'S bad? Just wait till we get to the post-game bosses !

• Locked thread