Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wow, you cleared the entire first game in a single page. Talk about short. And not very good even in that shortness, but well, what's coming next is much worse, obviously.

Also giving you Ra then ending the game without letting you use it is one of the weirdest things I've seen. What was the point, other than following the plot? Give the player at least one duel to use it, geez. At least you can hack it in, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh boy, Reshef of Destruction.

I think this is the right time to quote Yuya, and say that the fun begins now.

Also I don't think the update was too wordy.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ephraim225 posted:

But, hold everything! If you go to the train station again you can find another manga cameo! I think. Can't imagine what Kaiba's old butler would be doing here unless he was fired. You can duel him for more Deck Capacity.

Hobson/Daimon does appear in the anime. In fact, it's the anime that names him, he's just "Kaiba's butler" in the manga.

quote:

Yeah you guys go on ahead and be in a good card game. Vanguard or something, I don't know.

Too bad that'd mean they would never leave Japan again.

quote:

Nice monster animations! You can wander around the ship after that scene finishes.

Huh, it isn't censored. Surprising.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Don't forget that the main character of VRAINS literally becomes a Super Saiyan while he duels.

Yuma did it first.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

From what I can find, this is indeed Kaibaman's first appearance, the card proper wouldn't exist until the year after Reshef of Destruction was released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Even to the end this game's a gigantic piece of poo poo, wow. That you need to manipulate things this far to win is a clear show of terrible game design...not like it wasn't obvious before. At least you're free from that torture now.

And if you're thinking what I'm thinking with that Digimon cards game line, then you definitely are going for something much better. I love that game.

• Locked thread