Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I wanted to play the first game before Nier 2 and I figured it was still months away. It never grabbed me and neither did the demo for this one but there's something about it that makes me wanna get it anyway

Is it the music? The music is so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think the art in mvc3 looks fine lol

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Nice list but who the heck is waiting to pay for the dark souls 3 dlc in march?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Control Volume posted:

Nice list but who the heck is waiting to pay for the dark souls 3 dlc in march?

who are these people that don't throw every dollar they can at from the moment the option is available

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Hey everyone! Party at Bobs computer!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

another game coming out in march is strafe..i got excited when it was an FPS being made by Devolver, but then i looked into it and its a DOOM shooter except theres procedurally generated levels and everything takes 3 minutes to kill

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Hell yes.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

I like your av!

And is anyone else planning on getting Ghost Recon when that comes out in March? I regret not preordering/buying Rainbow Six: Siege on release as it turned out to be much better than expected (i.e. actually good and not poo poo - played it 260+hrs and still going), so I've preordered GR:W instead. Hopefully it's good; should be OK if the AI is half-decent, since I normally prefer single player+coop games over PvP.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
if I want to play the MvC games with cool sprites, what's my best bet? 1&2 on MAME?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MvC1 in fight cade is your best bet. MvC2 and most Naomi games don't work on MAME so to play it online you'd have to use a Dreamcast emulator with an online hack or something. Which is a drat shame because MvC2 is pretty great

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Although that could be outdated info , I don't really keep up on mame news, maybe they've figured it out in the last year or so

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
:tipshat:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

MvC1 in fight cade is your best bet. MvC2 and most Naomi games don't work on MAME so to play it online you'd have to use a Dreamcast emulator with an online hack or something. Which is a drat shame because MvC2 is pretty great

Playing CvS2 online is my dream. I really want it

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

I like your av!

And is anyone else planning on getting Ghost Recon when that comes out in March? I regret not preordering/buying Rainbow Six: Siege on release as it turned out to be much better than expected (i.e. actually good and not poo poo - played it 260+hrs and still going), so I've preordered GR:W instead. Hopefully it's good; should be OK if the AI is half-decent, since I normally prefer single player+coop games over PvP.

Yeah, I'm planning on picking that up. I love most of the Tom Clancy games and Wildlands looks cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Theres a barcade near me with a MvC2 cab. its messed up because the place actually requires quarters, but its fun because barcades attract loads of f*cktarded millenials who dont even know what a fireball motion is but love Iron Man so I can sit there and take their quarters for hours. nicely captures an arcade feel I thought would never exist again

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Major Isoor posted:

I like your av!

I heard the AI is really unfortunately dumb, but thankfully there's an open beta in the next couple days so I guess we'll get to find out.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i saw wildlands on the release schedule for march but im skeptical of anything ubisoft makes

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I heard the AI is really unfortunately dumb, but thankfully there's an open beta in the next couple days so I guess we'll get to find out.

drat, hopefully that's not the case. :( Or alternatively, they've been working on improving it prior to the launch

extremebuff posted:

i saw wildlands on the release schedule for march but im skeptical of anything ubisoft makes

I was too, (Chaos Theory was Ubi jumping the shark) up until I eventually gave Siege a go - it's pretty good! Restored a little of my faith in Ubisoft, that's for sure. Worth giving it a go if you like competitive shooters, I think. Some of the shenanigans you can get up to with the destructible environment is a very nice change of pace from stuff like CS:GO, that's for sure.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Major Isoor posted:

(Chaos Theory was Ubi jumping the shark)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD7kpfC43CY

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Eh, I don't think anything they've done since then has been better (or even on-par) with SC:CT, really. And I doubt that they'll be releasing any better games anytime soon -if at all- either

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

idk what you meant by jumping the shark but ill agree that chaos theory was the last good splinter cell and the newer games are rear end

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ah I thought you were saying that Chaos Theory was really bad

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The original Xbox/PS2 version of Double Agent was really good, it was just more Chaos Theory instead of whatever the hell happened to the 360/PS3 version. I remember liking Blacklist a lot too even if it wasn't as good as the slower-paced original games.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

they used to be..

MvC2 was freaking epic even though Sentine, Cable and Storm ruined online

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

The original Xbox/PS2 version of Double Agent was really good, it was just more Chaos Theory instead of whatever the hell happened to the 360/PS3 version. I remember liking Blacklist a lot too even if it wasn't as good as the slower-paced original games.

the PC version of double agent is a 100% broken port that after hours of tinkering i could only get to run in a tiny window with half the textures missing

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought blacklist was really win but the first person shooter section that were in the game solely to make a jab at first person shooters was fail

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I only recall it happening once but it was without a doubt the most awkward fps design ever

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

frank.club posted:

I thought blacklist was really win but the first person shooter section that were in the game solely to make a jab at first person shooters was fail

Oh yeah, I remember that bit - where you play as Sam's sidekick, right? (Don't recall his name, but he may or may not have been black) Yeah that was pretty bad, although at least it was a fairly short segment

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I thought that part was in Conviction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYnh5rABWpA

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Major Isoor posted:

Oh yeah, I remember that bit - where you play as Sam's sidekick, right? (Don't recall his name, but he may or may not have been black) Yeah that was pretty bad, although at least it was a fairly short segment

Yeah. It's almost like they intentionally designed it to be bad as part of his side kicks story arc lol. So when later in the game he controls like Sam Fischer it's supposed to be impactful. I did like a lot of things in that game, like the scoring system that would reward you for different styles of play

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The co-op operations were really cool, shame about it being a uplay game tho

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
True life gamer story, when the first splinter cell came out me and my dad rented it but got totally stumped when it came to a part that required us to press L3. We had no idea that the sticks could click down and we hadn't even beaten the tutorial when it was time to return it

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

extremebuff posted:

Nintendo Switch console launch – March 3

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U, Switch) – March 3

Path of Exile - Legacy League and 2.6.0 Update - March 3

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (PC, Xbox One) – March 7

Nier: Automata (PS4) – March 7

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix (PS4) – March 28

Dark Souls 3: The Ringed City DLC (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – March 28

Cool list. I'm just buying seven copies of horizon zero dawn or hzd for short.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

More Guys In (A Gay Man's rear end): Queer-o Yawn.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

More Guys In (A Gay Man's rear end): Queer-o Yawn.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Horizon Zero Gameplay

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Horizon Zero CD4 T Lymphocyte Count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Horizon Zero CD4 T Lymphocyte Count