Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i went to art school where they trained crisis actors :colbert:

least i never saw a drama kid go a day without a crisis

:classiclol: that's a p good one

gently caress - ed: balls or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Business Gorillas posted:

i had a buddy move to seattle for a master's program and he told us about seattle's hilariously expensive rent. one of the apartment buildings they were looking at had a chicken coop with all of the free eggs you want

I really loving doubt they could produce all the free eggs I want.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Mayor Dave posted:

just lol if you live in north america and you're not within 100 miles of the pacific

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If I know anything about cyclists it is that they do not believe laws apply to them and frequently die from blowing through stop signs illegally and getting creamed by a semi

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

:classiclol: that's a p good one

no ed balls

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

anime was right posted:

the crazy thing is its actually pretty easy: just support a shitload of popular policies

i mean if trump actually did what the people voted him in for he would be FDR levels of popular

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
‘Trump will never go SSJ3,’ Says Increasingly Nervous Man For Seventh Time This Year

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

anime was right posted:

the crazy thing is its actually pretty easy: just support a shitload of popular policies

Like white Supremacy

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

i mean if trump actually did what the people voted him in for he would be FDR levels of popular

only because half the country would be dead

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
baloogan's probe is up in 30 y0ou think he's gonna have a trump at the ready

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

If I know anything about cyclists it is that they do not believe laws apply to them and frequently die from blowing through stop signs illegally and getting creamed by a semi

No law self enforces quite like Newtons 3rd.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Guy Goodbody posted:

I really loving doubt they could produce all the free eggs I want.

5 hens laying is too much and you just have loving eggs ecerywhere

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Epic High Five posted:

drivers in chicago are pretty similar, in fact i almost got run down by two cars totally blowing through stop signs on my way home tonight. its neat.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

UH YEA BRO IM A VEHICLE I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE ON THIS ROAD IM JUST A NORMAL VEHICLE

*blows through every red light*

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

ScrubLeague posted:

no ed balls

i aint sayin quoting the prophet of our good lord is the same as praising his name but far be it from me to say it is not in the spirit of the shadow chancellor

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://files.catbox.moe/fv5f74.webm

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
TRUMP!!!!!!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

5 hens laying is too much and you just have loving eggs ecerywhere

You really don't know me

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

only because half the country would be dead

considering most of trump's shtick was advocating every position and people just latching onto the one stance he had that one tuesday as the reason to vote for him, we could probably frankenstein a new deal democrat out of him

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

I was sitting at a stop light in my car completely still, when I heard somebody hit the back of my car. A cyclist had been on the sidewalk, started crossing the street, and rammed my car at full speed.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

g o d i s a c o n c e p t b y w h i c h w e m e a s u r e o u r p o s t i n g

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
EVERY MORNING I OPEN PALM SLAM 63 EGGS INTO MY FACE

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Mayor Dave posted:

TRUMP!!!!!!

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

g o d i s a c o n c e p t b y w h i c h w e m e a s u r e o u r p o s t i n g

T r u m p i s G o d

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Mayor Dave posted:

T r u m p i s G o d

that's not true i've seen trump on tv today

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ScrubLeague posted:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I was my 9th grade class treasurer because my best friend was popular and ran for President and won by promising huge dances, and early Friday release once a month. Turns out, I put on a couple terrible dances, and he did jack poo poo the entire year.

I'm basically Mike Pence but with less homophobia and more horse loving.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

considering most of trump's shtick was advocating every position and people just latching onto the one stance he had that one tuesday as the reason to vote for him, we could probably frankenstein a new deal democrat out of him

what I don't get is like...is it just pure luck for him that he chose Republicans to be sycophants to?

I know he couldn't have run by pandering to Dems because all of his baggage might have actually mattered to Dem voters, but did he know that? That' s a level of planning I'm not sure I attribute to Trump

I guess I don't get why he didn't run by, as someone said, just putting forth tons of popular ideas, single payer healthcare, etc as a Dem. I don't get where along the way he ended up deciding Republicans were the ones he wanted to suck up to

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

EVERY MORNING I OPEN PALM SLAM is probably the greatest post in SA history

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

ScrubLeague posted:

that's not true i've seen trump on tv today

he's metaphorically hiding in the bushes

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ScrubLeague posted:

baloogan's probe is up in 30 y0ou think he's gonna have a trump at the ready

I'm legit worried he finally OD'd on TRUMP

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

what if the only reason he won was b/c the russians hacked the election, and made a dumb guy prez so they could trick him into giving up secrets???

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

he agrees with the last person he talked to , we just gotta lock him in a room with glenn greenwald or some fdr scholar and then send him to chat with les again

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker

ScrubLeague posted:

I misread this as psalm 63

quote:

Psalm 63 English Standard Version (ESV)

My Soul Thirsts for You
A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah.

O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you;
my flesh faints for you,
as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2 So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
beholding your power and glory.
3 Because your steadfast love is better than life,
my lips will praise you.
4 So I will bless you as long as I live;
in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food,
and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips,
6 when I remember you upon my bed,
and meditate on you in the watches of the night;
7 for you have been my help,
and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.
8 My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.
9 But those who seek to destroy my life
shall go down into the depths of the earth;
10 they shall be given over to the power of the sword;
they shall be a portion for jackals.
11 But the king shall rejoice in God;
all who swear by him shall exult,
for the mouths of liars will be stopped.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Caeks posted:

As much as I want this poo poo to blow up more - what's the realistic outcome if all this Comey poo poo is true?

Because from my vantage point, this is all par for the course, didn't matter during the election, and isn't going to matter now.

Republican reps and senators are basically reaching the point that Dems were last week, starting to actually call for proper investigations and poo poo. Chaffetz has already demanded the FBI turn over all of the memos, Comey is apparently invited for a public session, and Paul Manafort is being taken down on tax evasion

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
what if putin has been following this thread just laughing

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
in 9th grade i did a terrible thing and ran a write-in candidate for class president named jim the monkey whose entire platform was overthrowing capitalism

jim the monkey came in second, and i'm pretty sure he would have actually won if the administration hadn't cucked the vote

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Caeks posted:

As much as I want this poo poo to blow up more - what's the realistic outcome if all this Comey poo poo is true?

Because from my vantage point, this is all par for the course, didn't matter during the election, and isn't going to matter now.

if the memos are either made public or their content is confirmed publicly by like an intelligence committee or something it will test the limits again on the right wing's ability to ignore reality. to their credit, every past challenge they have faced has been overcome without too much issue. at some point they might crack with clear, obvious, and sourced evidence that donald did something bad but that's hard to predict

alternatively, it continues to be ignored and maybe Republican voters will have depressed enough turnout in 2018 for dems to take over congress (or at least become a reasonably strong obstructionist force)

third alternative is that pressure from (FAKE) news media and saturday night live makes Donald decide he just wants to quit and go live alone in his tacky golf club

• Locked thread