Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

<---- Page 1 post haver

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

someone steal the last post status from Baloogan in the old thread plz

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I am totally confident that nobody will do that with my posts because it would include Truckin' and Fuckin' Jesus and everybody would instantly side me with and against the twitter neckbeard becasue it's obvious who the cool one is

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

80% of being right is being cool

It's why scientists are being poo poo all over and having all their funding cut and fascist decrees released calling them traitorous and unamerican for saying carbon makes things warmer

Meanwhile Trump rolled his sleeves up and is pushing us hard toward doom and ruin and never even thought about the best way to do it. Hell he doesn't think about anything

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yinlock posted:

how did baloogan get more posts than me

did he hack the postcounts

You and I took breaks of up to 8 hours a day, oftentimes more

Baloogan was furiously masturbating to gun mags while refreshing the thread for like 6 straight weeks doing nothing else

He doesn't sleep, he just goes ominously silent for random amounts of time varying between 2 and 16 hours

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

i missed being on that list for both threads by like 200 posts, :sad:

post harder

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Augus posted:

I side with Truckin and Fuckin' ALWAYS

when u saw only one set of lip prints on the party ice luge, and you felt despair in ur heart because I had said I would always be party bro #1 for you and all people

When u saw only one set of lip prints, that was when I was pressing your head to the luge, screaming at you to chug, and you don't remember it bc u were blacked out

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the council on truckin and fuckin affairs has MADE A VERDICT

if u are blacked out drunk to the pooint that ur basically unconscious and then plow ur wife, it DOES NOT count as being cucked

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

i don't actually live in California, I just rely on it financially.

a lot of people do and don't realize it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

blue squares posted:

I wrote a really long post outlining my political and economic theory but the thread was closed as I pressed send and now it's gone. And I can't remember what it was. But it was very smart

if you just go back you can find it still in the text field of the post

i think what ull find tho is emptiness because u lie

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

blue squares posted:

Please bring back the day counter in the title

this but do it in cypher

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

I nominate this as the official soft drink for C-SPAM trump thread:-

all other sodas are for pussies.

I nominate a big rear end glass of bourbon into which someone is blowing a straw so it counts as a soft drink

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

dont drink ur goddamned calories nerds

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

my feeling is that the major start ups will probably end up clustering like they do but more and more supporting services will go remote because of price considerations.

we can do all of our remote and be onsite whenever you feel like it for significantly less than any silicon valley firm so. :shrug:

The fact that their whole business models are predicated on the fact that with technology you can do almost anything from anywhere, and then they still loving cram into a couple city centers and pay 5k a month for a rat-infested matchbox will never stop being funny to me

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

in some cases its actually loving hard to find people anywhere but those places, but that's becoming less and less the case as people are more open to relocation to avoid the lunacy that is rent.

sounds like a cycle to me

peeps only look in those places so that's where the people that want those jobs go

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

blue squares posted:

Joementum is now known as Jacquesmentoumon and is posting in the French politics thread about why Putin isn't helping Le Pen

I absolutely believe this

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Squizzle posted:

lmebo if the midwest becomes a dusty ahithole dependent economically on runming cheap server farms for the coastal professional firms

buddy this is already the case

we're a shithole and we're where all the server farms go

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

zen death robot posted:

im gonna hide the page numbers on this thread just so no one bothers with teh epic page 69 poo poo

reported 4 hacking

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

just ate 12 eggs, soon i'll pound a pre-workout, then I'll go pump some iron then come back and get tipsy on sherry

life man

who the gently caress knows

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

alternate idea - make EVERY page 69

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nichael posted:

You're like that one Animal Crossing villager who always talks about working out except you're a human and you're not a video game character!!

I never played animal crossing but that villager sounds pretty cool!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

*kicks open door into thread*

I came here to do two things - point out that Zizek is a fascist collaborator who endorsed Trump multiple times, and chew gum

and im all out of gum

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Nice try, Marquis de Condorcet

u kiddin me? ordering 12 eggs at a restaurant lmao

it'd be like $22 bc they're always ala carte

you'd never see me outing myself as a traitorous 1%er

you just order a couple eggs like normal and then smuggle a bunch more in in a thermos

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

its 1 egg, how much could it cost, $10??

the cheapest you'll find them are like $1.25 each, which is what a full loving dozen cost at the grocery store

I suppose most people just have 1 or 2 eggs and they're like, "oh goodness I'm full now!" but I don't understand that mindset

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

triple sulk posted:

i want the original gop/trump thread because i had a rly good shop in it of billy mitchs face on ivanka

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3680205

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fojar38 posted:

unluckiest page itt

ya now it is

cus u posted

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

o poo poo where's O&R to tell us all that because we mentioned how funny it is that Milo got dumpstered on just when he should've been at his highest point is actually exactly what Milo wants and we will regret how hard he is owning us one day

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fojar38 posted:

considering how they reacted to a black centrist of impeccable intelligence who is happily married with two daughters i too would like to know how they would have reacted

Probably the same way

They created a multi-day scandal because he ordered mustard

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

logikv9 posted:

forums software too lovely to handle threads of that size without crashing some phone browsers

My phone only ever crashed when someone posted some 2k x 2k monster of a gif

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Squizzle posted:

nixons paranoisa, carters dumb af "cut wadte and pork" aw shucks common sense budfeting, reagans litetal actual dementia, ghwbs detachment from realiry and ineloquence, clintona roamin dick also hia incapacity to deal w thw press ptofessikbally, gwbs legion of doom of advisots tremblin to stick they dicks into a war

Obama's DREAM list of vulnerable persons

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

logikv9 posted:

listen some people just wanna read the forums on their galaxy S running on android froyo

I've got an Escape 2 and it may actually be worse than that phone

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

logikv9 posted:

:chloe: get on swappa and buy yourself a second-hand older flagship for cheap

I get a new one in like 2 weeks :effort:

Turns out the worst time for a phone to just stop working is the day after you spent every dime you have to move to a new city for a new job

This thing was like 9 cents I think, and it's okay I guess but has basically no memory

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'll get whatever is good and cheap from the last gen in 1 month when my contract is up

If I get this new job tho I may hold off until the checks start rolling in so I can get one of these pixels people keep talking about, or more realistically take a look at the price and be like, lmao lol no sorry

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Squizzle posted:

dont buy wndows devices unlesd you have to

never buy a winphone or tablet

if you can afford a mac buy it
if not steal one

I'm from technology operations and I say kill all Macs

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Corny posted:

Not to be all :goonsay: but honestly, I do not understand why CS people/software devs use any kind of Mac what-so-ever. Anything you can do with MacOS in terms of development, you can do in any Linux distro easier and for free.

plus gently caress brew tbh

I think the horrible design choices on the most recent generation of products has taken some of the shine off the gleam of the fanboys. Just one port on the Macbook, no headphone port on the iPhone, and an OLED strip instead of function row? Just dumb as hell, reductionism is fine but at some point it becomes pointless and counter productive

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

logikv9 posted:

macs are good up to a certain point and then loving laffo if you're dumping money into a 15in oled function bar nonsense machine

iphones are okay. i don't think i'll ever use em but in my line of work i'll probably get one in a few cycles, esp when all android phones purge the headphone jack

Is this something they're going to do? Killing the headphone jack on the recent iPhone was like, universally mocked

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

logikv9 posted:

if you own the 13in macbook pro with touch bar you deserve ridicule

I dunno if saving money and getting the shittier Mac that literally has only a single port on the whole machine is necessarily smarter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Squizzle posted:

ive probavlu said it a bullion times in cspam but im convinced thart a longterm design goal for the iphone is to have no exterior ports whatsoever

I can see a goal as dumb as this being something they'd aspire to tbh

Of course it's 100% possible as is so I'm not sure why they haven't pulled the trigger already

• Locked thread