Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Lol what's the new thread title quoting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I love how the dems seem to still think purity of ideology is really what's holding them back.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

I'm actually getting bored, every day someone in the Admin says or does another gloriously retarded or openly fascist thing. This is going to make politics seem so banal when it's over

when we all die in WW3 and everything is a charred hell scape

But for real this isn't funny anymore

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

K I was trying to catch up from yesterday and apparently Donald Trump has made accusations against Obama and wire taps and FISA court and etc etc

What's the deal, did Trump really just top the sessions scandal with something worse?

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

But like was there a wiretap? Because it seems way more likely Kisylak was being monitored and Trump's surrogates were too stupid to imagine that possibility than for Obama to order Trump himself monitored.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Like lmao claiming all these things come from wiretaps means they are all real. How are they so bad at this

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Wait, so were the phones tapped and what did they pick up? Or is this just some garbage conspiracy news radio crap that got picked up by breitbart and then made it's way to dear leader?

From what im gleaming the right wing crankosphere started musing that all thesr leams about meetings with Russians must be coming from ILLEGAL OBUMMER wiretaps which is the real scandal, not us directly colluding with a belligerent international rival that was directly trying to undermine American democracy. Trump then retweeted about it. There might be no taps at all. But considering all the leaks are about people meeting or talking to Kisylak, like, that's obviously who was being surveiled and he's the Russian Ambassador so of loving course he was?

I don't know what's real anymore, but it's all loving hilarious.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

June 2016 there was a FISA request to monitor trump+some on team which was turned down. In October they put in another request which was approved and they didn't find anything, afaik.

Oh so like, an official sanctioned intelligence action.

But nothing came of it then so why would that be what's happening now.

Trump is exhausting

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

Yes, but I'm betting Trump will win this issue lol. It just sounds bad for Obama/dems. Politics!

Conveesly, they are saying this is where the material currently coming out is coming from which lends it veracity

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Like who the gently caress knows where this all goes but it's deffo not an automatic win. Chaos reigns

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

reminder that the FBI wiretap request was so spurious that they had a one on one hundred thousand chance of getting it denied, and after that happened went to a friendlier judge to "win"
None of that implicates Obama. He can be pissed about the FBI all he wants tarring Obama is where this gets real bad for Trump

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

and i must meme posted:

what like actually happened 40 years ago

whenever i try to find the beginning of all this it always starts in the mid 70s

Nixon.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

empty whippet box posted:

i'd say 54 years, everything started to go to poo poo when JFK got assassinated by the republicans (lol if you think it wasn't the republicans)

Actually yeah this is a pretty good starting point.

Notable that the two high profile assassinations of US Presidents were both those who did the most to change the status quo vis a vis Blacks in America.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

empty whippet box posted:

Just spitballing, but could something that's come out have been something that sessions and trump knew was spoken about only in that conversation, which means the only way for anyone to know about it was that his senate office was bugged?

Sort of like Sessions suddenly saying he never had contact with any russians when he wasn't asked that at all. Just responding to something before it was actually asked or spoken about because they had prepared talking points for it and were looking for the place to use them.

Infinitely more likely Kisylak is bugged or monitored.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

I'd feel a bit bad if they arrested Obama but no lie that would be amazing. Rioters would probably burn both Trump Tower and the white house

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

A Handed Missus posted:

Why aren't rioters doin this already

Most are centrist liberals and therefore worthless but imprisoning the most popular president of the last 50 years on transparently false accusations would deffo be a bridge too far.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

mormonpartyboat posted:

lol instead of a mandate, if you're an uninsured jerk and buy insurance, the government will mandate the company jack your price up 30% for a year

SEC. 2711. ENCOURAGING CONTINUOUS HEALTH INSURANCE COVERAGE.
‘‘(a) PENALTY APPLIED.—
‘‘(1) IN GENERAL.—Notwithstanding section 2701, subject to the succeeding provisions of this section, a health insurance issuer offering health insurance coverage in the individual or small group market shall, in the case of an individual who is an applicable policyholder of such coverage with respect to an enforcement period applicable to enrollments for a plan year beginning with plan year 2019 (or, in the case of enrollments during a special enrollment period, beginning with plan year 2018), increase the monthly premium rate otherwise applicable to such individual for such coverage during each month of such period, by an amount determined under paragraph (2).
‘‘(2) AMOUNT OF PENALTY
.—The amount determined under this paragraph for an applicable policyholder enrolling in health insurance coverage described in paragraph (1) for a plan year, with respect to each month during the enforcement period applicable to enrollments for such plan year, is the amount that is equal to 30 percent of the monthly premium rate otherwise applicable to such applicable policyholder for such coverage during such month.

:stare:

What Fever dream produced this idea

What possible way could they better ensure a collapse in the market as new people avoid it entirely

Ron Paul Atreides fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Mar 7, 2017

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

What's these new Gulf coast jobs Trump is publicly jacking off about. I'm sure there is some awful monkeys paw part to them too because that seems to be true fkr everything so far

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Junkyard Poodle posted:

hahaha holy poo poo. Huge barrier to entry for the healthy working poor sure is going to lead to lower premiums for everyone!

For real. This had better get trumpeted from the rooftops because it is going to gently caress poo poo up really really bad and it's flabbergasting they don't seem to pick up on that

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I think they get it

I think it's the entire point

I didn't read Ryan as a nihilist accelerationist looking to crash the health-care marlet and trigger rioting.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

SpaceGoku posted:

no, paul ryan is a dumdum who has been failing upwards his entire life, he probably doesn't understand why people will hate this

he's in a really bad situation actually: he's at the sweet spot of stupid, almost-handsome, and ambitious that convinces gullible rubes that he's the smartest man in the room while still leaving him few career options outside of politics or local weatherman

The Usher or destruction America deserves.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Trump is threatening senators lol. Holy gently caress they were unprepared. This ends badly for everyone

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Is that for real what they called their bill?

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Yinlock posted:

the democrats made them debate the name and the republicans just kept doubling down

JFC

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

they got his taxes he's done for sure now

:razz:

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

sullat posted:

No? He is carrying forward $100 million in "losses" so his actual rate is closer to 15%.

I wonder if the Media will even bother pointing that out or just let them spin it how they please

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

zegermans posted:

they're literally streaming ever power rangers episode ever to hype up this latest dumb 90s pop culture cash in

no lie Im kinda pumped for the movie

itll be bad but it feels like its gonna be that special kind of bad

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Yinlock posted:

12:25: No sign of the people the anti-fascists are protesting against. A man with a megaphone explains that the Concerned Citizens — there were between “two and eight” of them, apparently — have fled. “They walked away down Elgin Street.” Did he talk to them? “No, there is no room to debate Islamophobia! Our job is to shut them down, not debate them.” With the rise of U.S. President Donald Trump, people with intolerant and hateful ideas are emboldened, says the man. He won’t give his name, saying he fears being harassed by fascists.

legit proud of our capital rn

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Really the sad part of Trump isn't that he upset the Political order, it's that he got the Republicans a Majority. Didn't matter who they got they were always on a crusade to murder the poor and marginalized

Trump is more like a silver golden lining

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

ScrubLeague posted:

What would she apologize for

Should apologize to viewers for wasting our time

jk I don't watch the news

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Guess that could be like apologizing to trump since he watchs so much tv

Then again his time is worthless so wasting it is nbd

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

The dems mistake is that they kept trying to tie Republicans to Trump. They should have been tying Trump to the Republicans. That tge self evidently terrible actions of the GoP house over the last 6 years weren't their main platform really shows how little they give a poo poo about the people hurt

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

So has Comey said anything or what

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

No but do you think he'd be announcing it if they were investigating anything major/important

I mean, if he just comes out and says there is no link we know he's just straight up lying

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

morning shitlords

Quick Schnorkles, tell us; will this matter

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

tacodaemon posted:

less than a full day on the job at Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and already that piece of poo poo Seema Verma is urging states to charge premiums for Medicaid (like she helped Indiana start doing under Pence) and try to tie employment requirements to Medicaid (like she has been helping Kentucky try to do) and otherwise seek waivers from federal Medicaid rules

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...8474_story.html

backstory: Verma helped Pence come up with a way to accept the Medicaid expansion while still being a right-wing rear end in a top hat by getting a waiver to charge recipients in Indiana premiums to be in Medicaid, which in turn made her an in-demand consultant for Republican state governments who wanted the federal Medicaid dollars but still wanted to be assholes. this led to her being appointed to head the program at the federal level

Wait what the gently caress.

So they take the Medicaid expansion then charge people a premium for doing so, so they are basically just stealing the money that's supposed to go to the poor?

HOW THE gently caress DID HILLKAINE NOT loving BRING THIS OUT WHEN HE WAS PICKED

This is like Cartoonoshly Evil

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

tacodaemon posted:

also the letter that Verma and Tom Price sent to states yesterday actually talks poo poo about how bad the Medicaid expansion is as a concept. this is a letter from the administrator and cabinet secretary in charge of Medicaid.

I don't understand these people. Why. What do they get out of this, does the misery of the poor really feel so good to them

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

Trump wants loyalists for appointees [which is not that weird tbh] but it turns out that there are very very few people who are in anyway loyal to trump.

he also has no connections in any of the various establishments. How do you find FP wonks of any variety who have any modicum of loyalty to Donald J Trump???

His reputation for screwing people whl work for him might be a factor too

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

I really want someone to punch him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

God it's relentless I can't look away for eveb a day without missing at least 3 ridiculous statments or acts by this administration or congress

AMERICA WHAT DID YOU DO

So Tillerson was too tired for a meeting with S Korean ministers or something

Lol gently caress how are working goons supposed to keep up

E to remove scrub punctuation too many client emails makin me all formal like

• Locked thread