Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

I dunno, Jeff Gerstmann once gave a Zelda game like 4.8 points more than it deserved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CDHiggs
Dec 16, 2016

That night in Point Pleasant. Those red eyes Richard Gere would never forget.
The great reviews for this game have got me hyped, but holy moly--journos weren't lying when they said the game has abysmal facial animation.

Drachenreiter
May 6, 2007

I want you to stick that green spotted egg up my ass so I can incubate it

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

You can really tell who doesn't have a PS4 in this terrible thread.

What does this mean, exactly.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hoodrich posted:

Have you tried starting an updraft with the fire arrows and using them to glide on with the pterowing so you could target the dino's weakpoint? Honestly loving blew my mind

Wait what?
Hacks! I call hacks!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Drachenreiter posted:

What does this mean, exactly.

It means there's a bunch of lovely fanboys still fighting console wars in 2017 and being needlessly pissy about game exclusives. See: the xbox thread, the PS4 thread, the switch thread; all the worst threads in this sub that are now leaking their poo poo into other places.

Notably, Lumpy the Cook cross-posted his info dump about "watching the stream of the whole game" and ImpAtom, who has already played the game in entirety, noted he got key parts of what he said completely wrong. He's not even good at watching youtube.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

bloodychill posted:

It means there's a bunch of lovely fanboys still fighting console wars in 2017 and being needlessly pissy about game exclusives. See: the xbox thread, the PS4 thread, the switch thread; all the worst threads in this sub that are now leaking their poo poo into other places.

Notably, Lumpy the Cook cross-posted his info dump about "watching the stream of the whole game" and ImpAtom, who has already played the game in entirety, noted he got key parts of what he said completely wrong. He's not even good at watching youtube.

Well good thing he probably watched it on Twitch

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Real hurthling! posted:

i only watch full playthroughs of games before launch when i have already decided to hate a game.

I will never really understand these kinds of people.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nice avatar, Lumpy. Someone in this thread has Horizon: Zero Chill

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Pablo Gigante posted:

Well good thing he probably watched it on Twitch

:iceburn:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Huh?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CDHiggs posted:

The great reviews for this game have got me hyped, but holy moly--journos weren't lying when they said the game has abysmal facial animation.

yea I was 100% one of those people who saw the leak and was all 'welp glad I have one less game to play this season'. Really happy to hear actually the rest is great and the animations for talking are just weirdly the corner they decided to cut.

Like, I don't know the game design process but it feels if they can make a game where you do sick dodges and shoot arrows into a really pretty robo-t-rex's fuel tank to make his butt explode apart they should have the tech to make at least average cutscenes for talking, right?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Like, I don't know the game design process but it feels if they can make a game where you do sick dodges and shoot arrows into a really pretty robo-t-rex's fuel tank to make his butt explode apart they should have the tech to make at least average cutscenes for talking, right?

As a general rule, if there's something like that--a blatant, obvious error that cannot be brushed off as anything else--in a finished game, it's not there on purpose. It was simply judged to be too difficult/expensive/time-consuming to fix before release, or else there's a zero-day patch we haven't gotten yet that's intended to fix it. Either way, the safest assumption is always going to be "they ran out of time, someone important said 'ship it anyway,' and now here we are."

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea I was 100% one of those people who saw the leak and was all 'welp glad I have one less game to play this season'. Really happy to hear actually the rest is great and the animations for talking are just weirdly the corner they decided to cut.

AAA games are such huge productions nowadays that developers can't do everything in house and often contract out cutscenes, side missions etc. to B-team/smaller studios to help generate additional content. You see the evidence of this all the time in a series like AC where the quality of a segment can suddenly drop off a cliff from area to area. Even for a multimillion dollar mainstream project like HZD, there aren't always the resources to QA every single thing.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

'Awkward Facial Animations' is actually one of the main reasons i'm getting ME Andromeda.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

But, you know, gently caress Ubisoft Open World style games.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sdoots posted:

But, you know, gently caress Ubisoft Open World style games.

Lmfao. Truly a burn from which he will never recover.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

This game is generating a lot of weird hate and it has only gotten worse since it has gotten across the board great reviews.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Kramerly as I peep Lumpy's steam* Ubisoft player! He's an Ubisoft player!!! Ooh, it shocks you to see what lies beneath!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

This game is generating a lot of weird hate and it has only gotten worse since it has gotten across the board great reviews.

You've got a perfect storm of console warriors because it's a PS4 exclusive, the anti-establishment everything because it's a AAA mainstream open world game, and the "what about the men" alt-righters with its female protagonist who isn't even that sexy and looks like a man, according to gameFAQs.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Pablo Gigante posted:

Lmfao. Truly a burn from which he will never recover.

It's silly for him to have such a strong opinion on this poo poo and have the most egregious offender in the genre, is all.

So anyways, anyone else notice that they animated Aloy's legs to maneuver around the horse if you rotate the camera 360 degrees? She doesn't just snap around to face the other way. It's a really cool small detail.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

exquisite tea posted:

You've got a perfect storm of console warriors because it's a PS4 exclusive, the anti-establishment everything because it's a AAA mainstream open world game, and the "what about the men" alt-righters with its female protagonist who isn't even that sexy and looks like a man, according to gameFAQs.

Shouldn't the alt-righters be happy she looks like a man, at least?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

They're not happy because most of the white males in the story are either bad guys or weak/useless compared to our brave Aloy. That and the fact she doesn't even look that hot make Horizon's brand of feminism a little too in your face for gamefaq's sensibilities.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

exquisite tea posted:

Isn't she based on a literal model?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Tatum Girlparts posted:

An actress apparently. Hannah Hoekstra, but it looks like all her stuff is in some kind of crazy moonspeak.

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

She looks like a hot, non-child version of Emma Watson.

Also this is one of the worst threads on SA right now you should all be ashamed.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I like this thread.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

This is a cool thread about an awesome game.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I think this game is going to be enjoyable and a good way to spend ~30 hours of my time. Some people might not like it but that's okay. :cabot:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Im glad there's finally a thread for this game

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

This is a cool thread about an awesome game.

For me to poop on

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Im glad this game has a strong independent female protagonist and its made by queer euro commies

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Tenacious J posted:

She looks like a hot, non-child version of Emma Watson.

Also this is one of the worst threads on SA right now you should all be ashamed.

Saint Freak posted:

An actress apparently. Hannah Hoekstra, but it looks like all her stuff is in some kind of crazy moonspeak.

Haha what? On what planet is this woman not eminently fuckable?

Also, which outlet/writer is going to be first on the "Horizon actually sucks because the strong woman is white and thin and pretty" trigger? Can we get a pool going?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

bloodysabbath posted:

Also, which outlet/writer is going to be first on the "Horizon actually sucks because the strong woman is white and thin and pretty" trigger? Can we get a pool going?

uhhhh

Tenacious J posted:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

bloodysabbath posted:

She isn't blond and you can't see her boobs. Unfuckable.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
What is going on in this thread?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

There is nothing to actually talk about because the game doesn't come out for another week. It has nothing controversial about it and there is no drama in its development. We've got poo poo to actually post about.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Tatum Girlparts posted:

To be fair so is the female main character in Andromeda.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Sdoots posted:

It's silly for him to have such a strong opinion on this poo poo and have the most egregious offender in the genre, is all.

He literally said that he has grown tired of Ubisoft open world games. Primal came a year ago.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

:colbert: Uhhh excuse me but isn't that term basically reserved for japenese? She's dutch as gently caress, son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Schubalts posted:

He literally said that he has grown tired of Ubisoft open world games. Primal came a year ago.
Literally