Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Only Kindness posted:

A mystery. If this is brought up in HFW don't spoil it please.

Twelve outlanders came through Daytower, took hostages at Mother's Vigil and camped beyond Devil's Thirst, killing hostages when Nora approached. Strange noises. Two days later they killed the rest of the hostages and beelined out.

This is a drat specific story with far more detail than it needed, buried in optional dialogue. Rost had to go as far as the Forbidden West to hunt them down? This is sus as hell. They were there for a purpose.

I think it's a crossover joke about God of War, about the similarities between Rost and Kratos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
This better not end up being gasp shock SYLENS led the raiders and they sacrificed one to nanogod Hades and at a pivotal moment Aloy's resolve is tested oh no or some dumb poo poo and it should just be rear end in a top hat Shadow Carja or Red Raid bullshit that gets a DLC in FW.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

The DLC in FW better be "We go to Sirius!"

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

"Thank you for saving us. Take this awesome armour as a reward. Oh and good luck fighting the twenty or so giant top-level machines for the parts to level it up so it helps you fight giant top-level machines."

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Stoatbringer posted:

"Thank you for saving us. Take this awesome armour as a reward. Oh and good luck fighting the twenty or so giant top-level machines for the parts to level it up so it helps you fight giant top-level machines."

I ended up turning it to story mode difficulty with easy looting turned on, put on a podcast, and just started farming.

Upgrades also chew through your shards at a rapid pace, its frustrating.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I dunno why they made upgrading legendaries so tedious. No armor set in a single player game needs that many rare components from the hardest machines in the game. I really like the game and the combat but I didn't bother doing it because it wasn't fun to me. Gonna warp between these two machine spawn locations for the next two hours hoping a rare component drops. Oh good, one did. Just gotta do it 9 more times because this piece of armor requires 9 giant grinders that are the size of a sedan.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah, I like this game a lot, and I thought the new armor system might have some merit since monster hunter was a clear inspiration, but it was calibrated all wrong.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
It would be one thing if there was one Legendary weapon that did everything for it's class, but no, if you want all the elemental options you have to level up three different war bows.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
OH GOD NO PLEASE MAKE IT STOP

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

I can't wait to see a terrible adaptation that is cancelled after a single season.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Elden Ring series confirmed for Hulu

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
The PS5 VR2 will have a Horizon spinoff game: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/horizon-call-of-the-mountain/

I already have an oculus, so I am hoping it will eventually be released on PC like the main games were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That's been known since the VR2 was announced, iirc.

There's no way in hell that gets ported over.