Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Mindblast posted:

:colbert: Uhhh excuse me but isn't that term basically reserved for japenese? She's dutch as gently caress, son.

I'm looking but there ain't no such place as Dutch on my map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
this looks like a real fun game but I'll probably wait for a sale because there's way too many good games right now to occupy my time with

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
For goons that have played this, are you able to say how it took you to finish it?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Literally literal literals.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

bloodysabbath posted:

Haha what? On what planet is this woman not eminently fuckable?

Also, which outlet/writer is going to be first on the "Horizon actually sucks because the strong woman is white and thin and pretty" trigger? Can we get a pool going?

The ingame model looks almost nothing like her (many compared her to the appearance of Skyrim potato children) This is quite apparently in a lot of games too, like in FIFA, many of the athletes looks like cheap knock off masks.

But seriously, the gameplay is seriously poorly designed.

Randomzx fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 23, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

RatHat posted:

For goons that have played this, are you able to say how it took you to finish it?

According to reviewers the main campaign takes about 30 hours to finish, more if you 100% everything.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

exquisite tea posted:

According to reviewers the main campaign takes about 30 hours to finish, more if you 100% everything.

Can't wait to collect 3000 chicken nuggets to upgrade my bow to +5. I'm gonna have to tear myself away from the amazing story and characters in this game made by European people. I'll just enjoy the awesome gameplay of clearing outposts full of insanely easy human enemies and monsters!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Guys, if this game is actually bad does that mean Breath of the Wild is also bad? They are both open world games which have always been bad.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Guys, if this game is actually bad does that mean Breath of the Wild is also bad? They are both open world games which have always been bad.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Gumball Gumption posted:

There's actually only been three good video games ever; Fire 'n Ice for the NES, EHRGEIZ: GOD BLESS THE RING, and 3D Pinball for Windows – Space Cadet.

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014
Maybe I have a horrible taste in games, but I'm really looking forward to this one.

Also, the facial animations don't look that bad. I saw a few videos from the main story quests that had pretty good animation (and great VA). I imagine that, like all games, triage is a thing and some of the side quests might have gotten the shaft with regards to animation resources.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

lmfao

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

Nowadays, after the rise of feminists that nowadays rules Games journalism and internet critics, They amde the rule that Female protagonists cannot be anymore sexy, cute or "kawaii". The "law" now is all Female protagonist in game to be strong, masculine, cannot show any weakness during the whole game and also need to be the whole game, in every minute, proving her superiority before all men and also cannot wear any "sexy" costume or any costume that show so much of her skin. The female protagonist need to wear like a man and also cannot have big breasts.

I hate all of it.

I think games now are a Utopia for feminists, all out of reality.

My sister is an independent woman, strong and hardworking. But she loves to wear sexy costumes and like to show all her sensuality and femininity.

Why in games a female protagonist cannot be like this too ?

And why the female protagonist cannot wear a costume that show more of her skin ?

The place of this game looks like a hot temperature place. In real world, specially in hot places like tropical Amazonia and also Africa is normal male warriors wear skimpy costumes, some of them are barely nude.

I want back the sensuality and femininity in female protagonist in games like old times. Those new kind of female protagonist created to please feminists are NO GOOD and I refuse to buy those games.

The game world are more MALES buying games, I cannot understand WHY nowadays every game need to be created always thinking is a way to please the female audience. I do not know any girl that is a hardcore gamer, that buy a lot of games every month, but, I know a uncountable number of males that are hardcore gamers that spend a lot of money buying games...

quote:

Oh yeah, I trust the opinion of the extremely biased mainstream media outlets, who are funded by mainstream corporate conglomerates, who celebrate the "diversity" of crap like Overwatch, but fail to mention Devil May Cry 1 when God of War is given precendent.

Metacritic professional reviews are bought and paid for by advertising dollars, all used to promote an agenda. In this case, many of these editors are OPENLY liberal, and ANGRY about Trump.

I'll bet money Horizon sweeps DICE next year for its strong, female narrative. Editorial sites have become nothing more than a sounding board for bitter, hateful Democrats.

Now, If you want an accurate score, look at video breakdowns by independent youtubers, reader reviews, and message-board debates.

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Feb 24, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

My sister is an independent woman, strong and hardworking. But she loves to wear sexy costumes and like to show all her sensuality and femininity.

:stonk:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Don't worry, there's a good chance that sister is made up.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
It occurs to me you could probably get a few spite purchases by ginning up dumbfuck reviews like that one.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

But then why would you cast this imaginary sensual, feminine woman as your own sister.

GameFAQs is a treasure trove for this poo poo and until two days ago I forgot it even existed.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

But then why would you cast this imaginary sensual, feminine woman as your own sister.

GameFAQs is a treasure trove for this poo poo and until two days ago I forgot it even existed.

GameFAQs is still so antiquated it's honestly dumbfounding. There's still no archives, so all topics get purged after a week or two of inactivity, and until about a year ago I'm pretty sure there was still a fukken profanity filter in place. An Internet forum where you could be punished for cursing in TYOOL 2016.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

exquisite tea posted:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I like to assume that gamefaqs is entirely 13-15 year olds because that was how old I was when I posted there. The idea of it being anything else is too upsetting.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Horizon: Zero Dawn - Women can no longer be kawaii

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
If only $ony had made them put in a bishie lead instead.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Oxxidation posted:

GameFAQs is still so antiquated it's honestly dumbfounding. There's still no archives, so all topics get purged after a week or two of inactivity, and until about a year ago I'm pretty sure there was still a fukken profanity filter in place. An Internet forum where you could be punished for cursing in TYOOL 2016.

Not that I like posting at GameFAQs, but topics are still available to read for years after inactivity even if you can't post, and you can turn off the profanity filter, too. It's still one of the best places to go for game information when you don't want to sit through a padded YouTube video or try filtering through the cesspool that is Reddit.

On topic of the game, I don't get the problem people have with Aloy. She's a hunter in a post-apocalyptic world going on an adventure through various biomes. There's no need to make her sexy because she's not a femme fatale kind of character; her clothes should be functional given what she's doing. Nothing about her screams feminist or a method of pandering to minorities. She's just a part of her world trying to figure out what's going on, not on a crusade against white men. People have some bad problems with projecting.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I'm very smart for preordering this game, as proof, here are some over the top posts from other sites that may or may not be trolls. They don't like the game, that means it is actually good. Checkmate.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Well personally I hate the male gender so this might well game of all years for me :homebrew:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

elf help book posted:

I'm very smart for preordering this game, as proof, here are some over the top posts from other sites that may or may not be trolls. They don't like the game, that means it is actually good. Checkmate.

Nah.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

We are still talking about a game right?

quote:

Basically what we are seeing now is a peek at what a matriarchal type society would look like as SJWS have very feminine values and beliefs. Feelings over facts. Equality of outcome not opportunity. Women being thrust into male roles and not fulfilling their biological purpose established over thousands of years of having children has created a generation of angry and miserable women that are reaching out for other outlets they believe will satisfy them.

Anyone with blood flow to their brainstem can see everywhere in media things like forced diversity, mixed race couples in commercials, identity politics. Changing it from "the haves and have-nots" to the "oppressor and the oppressed" with the intent to destabilize a nation. Now was any of this like that 20 or even 10 years ago? I earnestly urge you to read up on The Frankfurt School, Critical Theory, and Cultural Marxism. This isn't Alex Jonesian conspiracy theories, this is real stuff.

Mixed race couples as a bad thing

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I mean I hate it when devs draw attention to ~omg look how progressive we can be please inflate our scores and thus metacritic average~ but holy poo poo these reactions would have you think the main character was Tess Holliday in a "Die Cis Scum" t-shirt and the plot was a gender swapped version of Bitch Planet.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gumball Gumption posted:

Mods?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

bloodysabbath posted:

I mean I hate it when devs draw attention to ~omg look how progressive we can be please inflate our scores and thus metacritic average~ but holy poo poo these reactions would have you think the main character was Tess Holliday in a "Die Cis Scum" t-shirt and the plot was a gender swapped version of Bitch Planet.

From the reviews I've read, they don't even draw attention to it. They aren't going around flaunting how they have Strong Independent Women™. It's something reviewers are themselves pointing out, which is really impressive to me. By not drawing attention to that thing themselves they're just normalizing something that should already be normal.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jimbot posted:

From the reviews I've read, they don't even draw attention to it. They aren't going around flaunting how they have Strong Independent Women™. It's something reviewers are themselves pointing out, which is really impressive to me. By not drawing attention to that thing themselves they're just normalizing something that should already be normal.

To some folks, featuring the female protagonist in advertisements, a very ordinary thing to do, is flaunting it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

We are still talking about a game right?

Mixed race couples as a bad thing

haha holy poo poo where is this from, I hope whoever wrote this has heart failure

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Were these people this upset about Tomb Raider?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
why can't my video games be like my strong, sexy, sister????

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

bloodysabbath posted:

I'd play the poo poo out of that game.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Tess Holiday Shoots Exploding Arrows At Exploitation Style Dudes In A Prison Planet would be my goty yea

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'd play the poo poo out of that game.

:same:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

haha holy poo poo where is this from, I hope whoever wrote this has heart failure

Gamefaqs

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

People are going to be very surprised by the ending. I mean I didn't see the robo-dinosaur apocalypse caused by our failure to castrate all cis white men but to be honest it makes perfect sense in retrospect. I should have seen it coming when Aloy crafted her first arrow from the scrotum of an innocent man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ImpAtom posted:

People are going to be very surprised by the ending. I mean I didn't see the robo-dinosaur apocalypse caused by our failure to castrate all cis white men but to be honest it makes perfect sense in retrospect. I should have seen it coming when Aloy crafted her first arrow from the scrotum of an innocent man.

I think it's weird that they made the entire last hour of the game a presentation why the world would objectively be better if all white men were removed from society and kept as slave labor, but hell I'm for it.