Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Bogart posted:

Did this game gently caress your mothers? Jesus, it's not even out yet!

goons hate games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

chumbler posted:

Any amusing meltdowns yet about the game having a female protagonist?

It's one of the reasons why I'm excited about it :kiddo:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I think this game is going to be enjoyable and a good way to spend ~30 hours of my time. Some people might not like it but that's okay. :cabot:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Schubalts posted:

He literally said that he has grown tired of Ubisoft open world games. Primal came a year ago.
Literally

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Don't worry, there's a good chance that sister is made up.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Well personally I hate the male gender so this might well game of all years for me :homebrew:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'd play the poo poo out of that game.

:same:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

About 7 hours until I can smash the patriarchy :getin:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Rhaegar posted:

This is my first time pre-ordering and pre-loading a game on PSN. What should I expect at 9pm PST? To be able to play immediately or will I have to go through some sort of unlock and decrypt (ala Steam) or install a day one patch?

In my experience you just launch it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

VolticSurge posted:

Honestly,based on what I've seen so far,it's not THAT bad. I've seen peasants in Witcher 3 with FAR worse voice acting.

Making me a slingshot gonna hunt bears.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

It's weird that the game uses chopped off cispeens as currency but I'm keeping an open mind.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Carmant posted:

I'm not going to buy this lovely game

okay

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

does the PS4's suspend feature not suit your needs?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

My husband came in the room today and was like "holy poo poo is that a video game?" He couldn't believe the graphics. He actually sat and watched me play a bit. I get the difficulty curve, now that I know how to exploit weaknesses I gently caress up just about everything I come across.

I'm also really getting into the world, generic robopocolpse and all. I want to know what happened and I get a little excited every time I find a clue.

I also enjoy the in-universe names for ancient relics. Watches are bracelets and car keys are wind chimes :downs:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Teersa is alright in my book.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Lakbay posted:

Do boars, turkeys, etc still linger past the Embrace or do I have to go back and grind them out to upgrade my carrying capacities?

They're out there.

Oddly enough taking a moment to hunt animals is oddly cathartic.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

She kind of reminded me of that one northerner lady from GoT, but with a way younger face.

Badass wildling MILF or Jon Snow's sidepiece?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

my upgraded tripcaster i got is just literally the tripcaster but with more mod slots, it seems like they're straight upgrades

They also allow access to a new type of ammo at every tier. So yes they are straight up upgrades and you should strive to max it out to increase your toolkit.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Harrow posted:

As far as I can tell, the only type of weapon that you might want two of are bows, right? Because you have the hunter bow and sharpshooter bow and their ammo types don't overlap at all. Everything else just goes in a straight upgrade path, like the top-tier sling shoots all of the sling ammo types so you only need one sling at that point.

Even though there's overlap, the War Bow (elemental) has its uses. I'd say try to get every weapon and their upgrades because it, again, expands your toolkit.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Harrow posted:

Oh poo poo, I forgot there's a third type of bow.

What loadouts are people using, out of curiosity? I'm definitely going to get and upgrade every weapon type I can, but it can be hard to decide what to actually equip at any given time. Right now I have a hunter bow, a sharpshooter bow, a freeze/shock sling, and a blast/shock tripcaster, but I feel like having a ropecaster and a rattler equipped would be really nice. Not sure what I'd take off for those, at least for general running around use.

Go-to for me is: hunter bow, war bow, and sharpshooter bow with the fourth slot being whatever utility is most applicable at the moment.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Is there a go-to method of getting lots of metal shards? Like farming?

I had a ton but then I bought a few purps :kiddo:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Run away and try again. Alternately, get a stun in with the tearblast arrows and unload the slingshot on them. I don't try to take on more than one at a time.

I love love love tearblast arrows.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I for one am shocked by a game getting harder when you crank up the difficulty 🙄

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Well that was quite the the plot dump :stare:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Found a neat effect with the tearblast arrows.

Spoilers for late-game special armor I guess (not related to content of video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Qmazsa2h0

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Winkie01 posted:

Just got the Shield Weaver armor :cool: this story seems good, I regret skipping it all of it now :smith:

I know why they didn't but I kind of wish they had gone full-on Crysis power armor with that suit.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Lakbay posted:

Oh I got a completely new weapon from a sidequest reward box called a Tearblaster, it can't be modded and only shoots rattler range tearblasts but I guess there are more weapons than stuff from merchants and the lodge

:stare:

I want to go to there

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

... So, yes, Generic Open World Gameplay.

Witcher totally invented the multiple skill trees.

don't even bother.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

bloodychill posted:

You should totally buy the purple hunter bow and at least blue sniper bow when you are able.

Yeah purple hunter is absolutely the first one you should get.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

You have to climb up inside the building the point is in. Look for the yellow cues they're muted but they're there.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I hope the engine gets licensed to more companies other than Kojima's. It seems impressive.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

precision posted:

What's the best way to get money? I'm constantly low on shards and I don't want to ruin Dino hunting by being forced to do it a lot.

Sell crafting mats you don't need/use. Any time I have more than one full stack I sell the extra ones.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Lol wtf the deathbringer died in like 5 arrows.

It isn't at full power :ssh:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

This is so true. I was just actually going to say that I can't get an upgrade because I haven't seen a raccoon since the beginning of the game, and if I find one that's still going to be a 1/10 chance it will actually drop its skin/ bone.

Be happy whenever you kill an animal and a green or blue diamond pops up.

Except when it's one of those lame trophies that sell for 15 shards :downs:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

I'm about as far along as you and I think that it has something to do with how they used the robots to beat climate change and fix the environment, then they figured it was a sensible addition to the military line up. which is stupid, but in the kind of way that defense contractors are really stupid

Yeah it is honestly the most realistic part of the game. Lockheed et. all would totally make a self-replicating AI war machine if they thought they would make $$$$ off it.

I wonder if the USMC version of DeathBots had VTOL capability 🤔

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

It was awfully nice of GAIA to preemptively debone all the fish :argh:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Lmao (late game) Aloy making GBS threads on Resh again immediately after the attack on The Embrace

That was some amazing sass.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

There's also the later side mission with the girl in love with the Shadow Carja who then dies when you find him.

I honestly can't imagine playing this game without constantly rocking the stealth armor and then switching to elemental resistance depending on the fight.

Imagine playing it with the extremely OP bunker armor :getin:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I feel bad for this game, comes out a few days before Zelda, no doubt gonna affect it's sales. If it had come out earlier it might've gone unpolished and without features, if it had come later everyone would be comparing it to Zelda, it sucks because it's most I've enjoyed a game since Bloodborn.

Ehhhh I'm skeptical about the impact Zelda is having on sales. Not everyone is dropping everything to get a Switch (or owns a Wii U) despite what the attitude on these forums might be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

It was literally to buy her a few extra days/hours. :smith: