Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
I also just beat it! My wife would join me for the story parts because wow what an awesome story! gently caress you, Ted!

I'm amazed at how they managed to make Ted Faro even more hateable at the end. What the gently caress rear end in a top hat you deleted the repository of all human knowledge and also killed the people who needed to keep working on GAIA?

loving brilliant game all around. Amazing for a game to actually have a great supporting cast as well. Like I can't think of any NPCs that weren't really genuine and well crafted and we'll acted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
I think it's about time to another playthrough. I have to say one of the best things about this game of fighting robot animals is how human the actual humans are. Sylens, the sun king, even genuine psychopath Nil felt very real in their interactions.

It's rare for a game (or show or movie, really) to have both writing and voice acting of the quality that this game has. Oh and also super fun gameplay, a beautiful world, and basically everything else that makes it perfect.

Don't forget that not only did Nil name his bow, he named it "Voice of Our Teeth". Fuckin' Nil, man.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Alhazred posted:

Seriously one of the thirstiest characters ever. Minutes after he learns that Ersa is dead he starts to put his moves on Aloy

All that sun makes a man thirsty, alright? But the awkwardness is great. Like he handles it like a champ and doesn't let it affect their working relationship . Genuinely good writing and acting!

Seriously though he's super well written and acted. You really understand how he's a good guy and how hard it is for him both to be king and reverse all the hosed up poo poo that happened during the previous regime.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Maxing stealth armor with more stealth modules is amazing. My core strat is to full Sprint to everything power slide in and silent strike. I can repeat on an entire herd of anything because they just don't notice you.

Of course I also forget to switch to resist gear or whatever for actual battles but it's totally worth it.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Horizon: Fashion Dawn is real. I had forgotten how many cool outfits there are.

I only wish there was a better way to switch (and maybe a second weapon wheel you could swap to without going into the menus).

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

Here's where Nils and Aloy diverge. It's no fun for Aloy to kill a person, just pop them in the head with a sharpshot arrow, or blast them with a fire bomb, or stab them from the bushes. That's about it.

Killing a machine, on the other hand, has so much finesse and variety to it.

At no point in playing the game did I tire of full Sprint powersliding into a robot and gutting it with silent strike. Maxed out stealth armor is pretty much invisibility.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

I trust Guerrilla to invent a bold new world salad title to rival even the dankest anime.

Skip the middle man and call it Horizon: Word Salad

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
PC version would be awesome if I hadn't bought a PS4 last year, almost exclusively so I could play this game. I mean I've gotten a ton of use out of it, but it was Horizon that motivated the purchase.

Still cool, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

I thought it was dumb how there were still rusted hulks of old buildings that somehow aren't dust after a thousand years, but then I realised that if the plague ate all the bacteria and left earth completely inert before being shut down, it would make more sense. Might even explain why Elisabets corpse and home town are still there

well after they ate basically everything the atmosphere and ocean were pretty completely unviable for life, single cell included. Total destruction of the entire biosphere.

This game is some of the most compelling sci-fi I've ever experienced.