Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I got this on Black Friday and once I finished Spider-Man I delved into it. Though with work I haven't been able to get much done. Just completed the Proving, and like "here's a million story hooks!" is what happened, but drat, if I don't wish I had more hours in the day to play this.

I know I'm taking a risk posting in the thread, because I've done an amazing time avoiding any kind of spoilers, like I knew the Carja existed before playing, but knowing there are other people outside the Tribals you are living with at the start isn't really a spoiler. I have seen videos recommended to me about HZD explained and such, but a big nope to those.

Though one question I have, what weapons should I be packing? Like do I want to get one of the other bows rather than the one you start with? I've been sorta bloodborning it by dodging a lot of stuff and killing it with my spear, but I know I can'd do that forever, especially against Sawtooths and enemies like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lechtansi posted:

HZD is very tactical, you will eventually want one of everything. Start with the cheap weapons first and learn how to use all of it. It’s super fun to learn how to use your entire bag of tricks.

Yea I figure I'll just buy everything eventually, though your money also being your ammo means I don't want to blow it too early. But as I said, I got pretty good dodge rolling and killing things with the spear. I did but all the costumes available from the start, so i have to +20% stealth costume which will be useful with silent strike.

I'll probably grab the sharpshooter bow for sniping.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Medullah posted:

Unless you're playing on Ultra Hard, money is not something that is really a big issue in the game. And if it becomes an issue, there's no shame in lowering the difficulty to go farm some things.

Yea as soon as I got out of the embrace and starting killing robots, i ended up with a ton of shards, so no worries there. I also grabbed the skill that makes more ammo from the same resources.

Is this a game where certain areas are going to be too dangerous to go to, and its obvious or does it let you blindly blunder into high level areas?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

theCalamity posted:

Once you're out of the Embrace, you can go pretty much anywhere if you want. Encounters with the THunderjaw or Stormbird can be tricky, but are still possible. The only place that you shouldn't go at a low level is the Frozen Wilds dlc. That is a huge uptick in difficulty.

That is the area up north thats accessible by a single narrow passage I assume. Yea I'll stay away from that. The map doesn't have any keys, but I can probably guess the 4 houses are settlements , with the one to the west being Carja, the ruined city ones are, well ruined cities.

Curious if this is like Spider-Man where you get more than enough Xp to unlock all the skills so I can just take whatever I want. Man I really love silent strike, and want that one that lets me instakill larger enemies, but that's pretty far away. I'm not sure how feesable that is long term.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

VolticSurge posted:

If you want an actually uplifting game that's what Yakuza 0 is for.

I need to finish that and find out how Majima goes insane. I'm stuck on the pleasure King part which is kinda gross.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So the Hunting Trials, i don't need to get gold in any except to beat that guy at Mothers crown? I just need to complete them to move that story along. I found them kind of annoying because it starts timing as soon as you hit the ground after the rope, but there aren't any close by so you have to lose time getting in position.

With bandit camps, can you disable their alarm? I both walked up to it and shot it with arrows and it didn't do anything, and the bandits were still able to set it off.

It says to shoot fire arrows at corrupted robots, but that doens't seem to do anything more than normally shooting fire arrows at them. It puts the burn DoT on them but it doesn't seem to be any more damaging than before.

What does overriding a watcher do other than make them non-hostile? And I found some armor but I cannot figure out how to unlock it, but I feel like that's one of those puzzles you figure out over the game, like the Templar Armor in AC: Black Flag.

Lastly, this is more a lore thing, but the Nora say if you leave the Embrace you become an exile, but its clear that the Braves and Hunters do, its also implied there are Nora Villages out there, plus there's Mother's Crown which seems to be a major part of their defense. Unless the Embrace is actually ALL the land on the eastern part of the map.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

exquisite tea posted:

- You don't actually need to beat any challenges. That guy at Mother's Crown is just telling you where the next Hunting Ground is located.
- You have to shoot the sac of fluid with arrows to disable the alarm.
- Corrupted machines take more damage from Fire. For any elemental effect, you have to fill up the little circle gauge before it actually starts doing anything.
- Overriding machines makes them fight for you, and overriding a rideable one (Strider, Broadhead, Charger) gives you a mount.
- You have to collect five power cells for the shield armor, the last of which you can't get until literally the second to last story mission in the game. Look up a guide later if you're at that point and have missed any.
- "The Embrace" is the heart of Nora land up to the southern gate where you meet Varl, basically the whole tutorial area. Actual Nora territory extends far beyond that all the way to Daytower.

Ah okay, good info. It's weird that I was right next to the alarm and never got an option to disable it. Maybe I was standing in the wrong place. I notice the game really likes you being in a specific spot in order to loot stuff.

I was hoping the Watchers being hax0red would give me intel or something, but from what I can tell the Longnecks are the only ones that do anything like that. Something I'm enjoying about searching the ruins is the names for the ever day objects from the past; the wrist watches being called black bracelets and such. Speaking of that I absolutely LOVE that the indicator of loot is colour coded so you know if there's something good in it. As far as I can tell there's no reason not to pick stuff up though, you need basically everything, and anything that's not needed for crafting or whatever can just be sold. It did take me a bit to realize "traded to a merchent" didn't mean sold for shards, but is needed to buy stuff. I realized this when I coudln't buy the light armor that protects against corruption.

It annoyed me to no end that the trail where you drop logs on the Grazers. I dropped the first batch of them and got the kills, but it was 1 second over getting gold.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The early fight with the two sawtooths forced me to change the difficulty down to easy. That was akin to Orenstein and Smaugh, every time I dodged one, I'd get nailed by the other, and even though i lead them through a huge number of tripcaster bolts and fire traps, it didn't do squat.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Thanks for not spoiling too much, i've managed to avoid being spoiled about anything in this game, unlike Spider-Man.

Though that log about the people arrested for shitposting online shows what kind of horrible dystopia this world was.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You're getting a bit too close to untagged spoilers there.

I did find the log of the guy talking to the bot on Tindr and it being a lovely bot. All the old world stuff is pretty cool how its presented. I like how everyday items are a mystery to the Nora. Like keys are chimes and watches are just braclets. I also like how everyone is afraid of the Nora, because they tend to kill anyone who comes near them. Though this is probably a better idea that it sounds.

Something that is really amazing is the weather in it. When it starts to snow or rain, it really feels like it is actually doing that, the sounds and just the way everything looks is so spot on to how it feels in the real world.

Is it possible to hit the blaze canister on the bottom of a sawtooth? I've hit it a few time with fire arrows and it never goes up. Ditto with the giant tank on the bellowback. I hit it with the sharpeshooter arrow until it starts to leak, then hit it with a flame arrow and nothing. Scappers used to be a problem, but now, eh whatever? Outside of the large guys, the big crab walker guys are the most difficult to take down.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

exquisite tea posted:

Yes, with a little bit of practice you can definitely hit that bottom blaze canister on Sawtooths. Once you kill enough of one machine, they eventually start to evolve protective shells for the canisters that might need to be torn off first. Bellowback sacs can't be ignited through elemental arrows though, you'll need to pierce them for the explosion.

Ah, that's probably why. I only just discovered it, but I've killed a bunch already so that's probably why it happened. Dang that means I won't be able to blow up entire heards of grazers soon.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am so tempted to watch hzd lore vids because at the rate I'm going the second one will be out by the time i finish. But unlike Dark Souls we're watching lore vids encouraged me to play, I think it will have the opposite effect with hzd. DS lore is so dense and obtuse, but hzd its pretty clear.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea I need to buckle down and play more. Its funny, spider-man I could play an hour and feel like I've done something, but this i feel the need to devote more time than I have after work. It's probably because the game is so dense that I need to do everything to experience this amazing world.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've decided to use the time i have off work recovering from an injury to finish this and god drat enjoying it. Realized I had actually done more than i remembered. There is 3 serious issues.

Inventory is terrible and annoying to deal with. I'm trying to own every high level armor and weapon so I can safely sell off all the hearts and lenses and poo poo I have and not have to worry about holding on to them so i can buy stuff. Same with the animal skins and bones, so I can get everything fully upgraded so I don't have to worry about holding onto tons of poo poo.

Second is the camera loves to get in so close sometimes you have no idea what is around you. This is really bad when you're trying to avoid a robot.

Lastly holy poo poo birds loving suck in this. Oh lets make them super weak in specific places so you have to aim for that, but then lets have them dance around like a kid who just saw Kinder Eggs on sale at the checkout. PLus whomever places Stormbird spawns right next to roads and campfires should not work in level design. I should not fast travel or respawn at one and suddenly have a super long and tough fight to deal with. And its not even like they're in later parts of the game, there is one of these right after you enter Cartja lands.

I was spending all my time over the last few days getting the collectables, and uh, wow the rewards kind of suck. I assumed there might he a unique weapon or armor for getting them all, but nope, just some shards and a bunch of green mods. I'll still end up doing them because i am that kind of player.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ashpanash posted:

Two words. Fire arrows. Thank me later.

Yea I found that works with the Glinthawks but the stormbirds it is less effective.

morallyobjected posted:

the reward for collectibles is lore, save for the power cells

Yea i like the vantages for that.

I really like Aloy as a character. She feels very realistically written. It probably helps the VA for her does a fantastic job.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SirSamVimes posted:

Stormbirds are one of the apex machines despite how early it is possible to encounter them. Do not gently caress with them without planning exactly what you intend to do to deal with them.

That's my biggest issue. As i said in my first post, one hangs around one of the bonfires on the road to Meridian once you've left Nora territory. I can deal with anything that's big on land like a Thunderjaw or Sawtooth but that goony bird every time i get a shot at its vulnrable parts, it moves, either straight up avoiding it or just a little dip.

And they will chase you for a long, long time and their aggro range is very wide.

I'm curious how powerful can you get in this game? i'm at level 30 and have purple gear and mods, but I don't feel like I'm some god walking through the Robot Animal Wasteland smiting everyone, and i don't think I ever will be. It sort of reminds me of Witcher 3, how even at the high gear levels you've still go to be careful when going up against a lot of enemies. I don't want to look up any info about any future gear because i have managed to avoid being spoiled on anything major, just a name of something that i knew was already going to be in the game and stuff that only give context to things. Though honestly, i've been so tempted to just watch a video explaining everything, hoping that would spur me on to playing more, but Unlike Dark Souls (which is exactly what happened) I don't think HZD's lore is so convoluted and hidden as FROM likes to do. By being aware of the Lord Souls and the end of the first flame and all that, it made me want to experience the games more, but as I said, the uncovering of information in this is enjoyable. Even though I haven't done too much to uncover the backstory, either the ancient one or current one.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Feb 7, 2020

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SirSamVimes posted:

Just because you can fight a machine doesn't mean you should. The entire reason there's a Stormbird on the road to Meridian is to teach you that lesson.

And as for leveling up, you do get some major sources of power from leveling/gearing up. For one thing, each tier of gear unlocks more modification slots and stacking multipliers can result in high numbers, and (not a spoiler if you've looked down the skill tree in the menu) the ability to nock three arrows at once does insane damage.

There's two more main ways that you grow in power though that have nothing to do with stats and damage numbers. Firstly additional types of ammo/weapons so you have more options in a fight, making you a lot more versatile and able to hit more weakpoints.

Secondly (and this is the thing I really love about this game design-wise) you grow in knowledge I am able to kill a Stormbird or a Thunderjaw in a reliable and quick way because I have developed strategies that allow me to disable and kill them with no risk because I memorised their attacks and their behaviour and their weak points. That is the biggest thing you can do to be able to trivialise enemies, learn them and have a full toolkit to deal with them.

Yea I was thinking that specific skill should increase my damage quite a bit. I was thinking that my damage seems pretty low for the bigger machines still and beating them has been involving moving and creating bottlenecks and such. I have the hunter bow and the sharpshooter bow, rattler and ropcaster. I found the tripcaster too hard to use in a fight. I've debating on switching one to the war bow to get more statuses on bots.

And yea, i figured this was more about hunting than fighting pretty early on. Thinking more about Assassins Creed over God of War. Why i maxed out the stealth options in the skill tree first. Though that didn't help my inventory issues, but being able to stealth strike a sawtooth and do half its health before having to deal with it is great. I can take out whole heards of the gather machines without them becoming aware of me. Just keep that Nora Silent Hunter outfit on all the time.

v1ld posted:

You're on the right path, don't spoil yourself. The world is wonderfully created and its history is revealed at just the right pace to let you fill in the blanks yourself most gratifyingly. The characters and plot are superbly constructed to fit into that background.

This is not Souls like in being mysterious or appealing to the mysterious to give you that sense of size, scale and awe. That it's solidly rooted in our world and a possible and close future is one of the things that makes HZD awesome, so don't succumb to the lure of the spoiler!

Ask here if you have mechanics questions, the thread has been good about not spoiling stuff - there's a separate spoiler thread for that.

That is something I really like. I know where in the world is taking place because one of the first vantage points you can find is literally a real world location that's pretty well known. You can tell you're somewhere in Colorado which makes me pretty sure the Cartja are in Utah based on its terrain based on that alone. Though why there's so many bioms that don't exist in that part of the world is probably part of the story. Because this is a post apocalyptic game, there are going to be assumptions made that are probably true but the specifics are hidden. But that's good when things are spelled out. Plus Aloy is clearly very smart and very curious and logical which means she should organically within the game put things together.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Something I like about this game is there isn't an underlying "We must rebuild civilization" because hey, People are doing okay for themselves. So the Nora are kinda jerks and really stuck in their ways, but their society seems to function pretty well. Ditto the Cartja and the Orsim. Cartja getting a bit too Aztec may have been an problem but its not like going back to Pre Fall Civilization would have prevented it.

They'll grow and evolve, some will be more successful than others, but the game is clearly saying "this is the way forward, humanity will forge it's own path, and these are the steps they're taking". It's a nice change because most post apocalyptic has the underlying tone of we need to go back before it all blew up.

Also I tracked down Olin and spared his life. I cannot remember what I was choosing before I took my long break from the game, but I felt that the Aloy i'm playing is not going to murder someone in cold blood. I felt that even if he did do crimes, his family would have been punished for not having him around and welp, I couldn't do that that was some good moral choicing there.

Wow, Aloy in another life could have been a Witcher, I just had her do some very Geralt level crime scene investigation. Thinking about this, I really hope Aloy does not turn out to be some super brain genetic experiment, that will take away from her so much.

I was playing with the photomode and now i know where a goons avatar came from.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Feb 9, 2020

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ashpanash posted:

Aloy is an awesome character because while she's whip-smart and really capable, she's also got a huge chip on her shoulder and is basically just annoyed with the rest of the world and anyone she interacts with. And she makes no effort to hide it. It's a fun character to base a video game around, a flawed badass you can still relate to.

I'm looking forward to seeing your thoughts as you progress.

Yea, i love that. She doesn't take poo poo from anyone, because she know she's right and she know she can handle anyone that may come up against her. The best thing about this is that attitude actually earns her respect, she makes allies wherever she goes. I'm excited to see her react to learning more about what is actually going on. Some of the stuff that's just been revealed points to a huge amount of stuff going on behind the scenes.

I got the last base game tallneck and I managed to aggro every robot in a huge area by simply overriding a Murder Chicken and trying to use it attacking a raveger as cover, nope that did not work. Thank got it dropped its cannon or I would have had even a harder time dealing with it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea i like how the log for the vantage that shows USAF Academy Chapel the narrator is talking about how he was told his dad died for "free markets". There's a lot of suggestions that End Stage Capitalism killed the world or at least the US, part of me is wondering if this end of the world was purely US Centric and the rest of the world got fed up with America the idiot trust find kid screwing everything up and let them to their fate.

That would be like a short story i wrote for my Univesity writing class where a kid from a post apocalyptic tribe of humans discovers that in the north there is a big rear end wall and he manages to get past it and finds out that the rest of the world just walled off the US and left them to their fate.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I wrote it after all the "we gotta go to war with Iran...because uh...the oi...i mean They're gonna kill us all!" early 2000s stuff.

Skwirl posted:

The Witcher 3 people helped with the sidequests for Horizon.

It shows, in a good way. this was a main quest, the part where Aloy and Erend go to find out what happened to his sister.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was wondering, but my geography about this part of the world is entirely based on Fallout New Vegas, but is the lake in the western half of the map Lake Mead? Like is the Hoover Dam just out of sight of the map?

I really hate how hard it is to find bunnies and rats. Every high level ammo pack needs their parts and they seem to be no where, while foxes, turkeys and boars are everywhere.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

morallyobjected posted:

has anyone ever had luck setting a job for that stuff? I thought earlier in the thread people were saying that helped but I've never had any success with it

That's what I have set so It will tell me when i have the right parts. Just never see the animals.

Is Petra flirting with Aloy?

And what is a good point to go to the DLC area?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Feb 10, 2020

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

morallyobjected posted:

at one point, I think they had romance options but then decided to take that system out, which I think is great because now Aloy has all these people interested in her and she's like "nah, I'm busy, gotta track some things. thanks though"

Yea i noticed that. Just that Petra seems way more forward with it, she sees two women with arms like steel cables would be a good match.

I like how I've done 3 of 4 cauldrons and each has been different in setup. Easily they could be go in, fight a boss/waves of enemies and do it.

Fuzz posted:

Oh, I'm more waiting for you to get to the point where the story is revealed and you finally get what's going on.

It's so good.

Oh yea. i've been playing way too late into the night because even the side quests have interesting stuff going on.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hahhah oh god Aloy dealing with Osrim couple that lost the heard

She really has no time for anyones crap.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

mutata posted:

Love to honk the junk off of robot dinosaurs.

Nothing like knocking the blaster of a ravager and then using it to kill it and the rest of the robots around you.

Skwirl posted:

She is absolutely my favorite video game protagonist.

She and Geralt would get along well.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Fuzz posted:

I really want the next one to channel some Mad Max or something and let you commandeer Ravagers and ride them around while using the gun as a turret.

Yea, I was kinda disappointed when I unlocked the ability to override the larger beasts I couldn't ride any.

Hell ya.

The Corrupted Zone with the 2 rockbiters, holy poo poo that was annoying. Why can't they follow normal sandworm rules? Like only attacks movement? The worst part is the hitbox for their breaching attack is massive so its hard to figure out how far you actually need to be.

What happens if I go to Sunfall early? I got a message warning me off when I got near it, but there is a quest in there for me to pick up

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 11, 2020

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ashpanash posted:

You can't go to Sunfall early.

Do some main quests now. At least a couple.

Oh okay, just the voice told me not to go there when i was near saying that it will tell Eclipse that I'm still alive, and we don't want that yet. I'm heading to Maker's End because I want to open that aspect of the game. I finished all the Meridian stuff, had the Sun King come onto me, and told Erand to be a man

Now that I have all the gear and upgrades, I have been selling off everything but the stuff to make arrows. I have 10k shards right now and I keep getting more.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Okay Glad I went to Makers End. Posting theory to see how right i am later Zero Dawn was some kind of Ark to get as much of humanity off earth as possible, but not everyone. Some chose, and some just couldn't leave for some reason. Elizabeth wasstayed behind hoping she could figure out how to turn them off, and somehow did it, hence the metal devil being inert. She succeeded somehow, but not after massive loss of life. The humans that make up the tribes are the descendants of those who didn't make it off world.

I'm pretty sure I'm off, but what I just learned plus the nearby vantage point makes me think this isn't completely far off the mark. At least I know why everyone says gently caress you Ted Faro!

Also I realized that Aloy looks kinda like a jacked Jenny Nicholson, the youtuber.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Feb 12, 2020

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

mutata posted:

No one say anything.

This is the response I hoped for. I just wanted to post that to see how right or wrong when i get further.

I think i'm going to do the last cauldron and corrupted zone before moving on. Clear that out so there's less unresolved stuff at the end.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lumpy posted:

One part of your theory is spot on: gently caress Ted Faro.

I was right that end stage capitalism killed the world

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
For the Armor quest, i obviously found one power cell, but just to make sure the second one is in a location I have not been to yet?

Man that last Cauldron was the best. Door leads right to the core, nice easy thunderjaw battle.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ashpanash posted:

You won't be able to finish the armor quest until very near the end of the game. You'll stumble across them all on your journey.

That's what I was hoping. I was worried I had missed it during another story quest. EDIT: Literally the next quest I did.

Are some noises you hear just ambiant? There is like a low roar and a ping kind of noise I hear every once and a while, but it doesn't seem to correspond with any robots in the area. Or is this some story thing I'll eventually learn about.

Is the map of the world you find, is that a post polar ice cap melting world? It reminds me of some of the projections i've seen

And is Dark Secrets of the Earth the final mission?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Feb 12, 2020

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ashpanash posted:

No. That dialog was just there to inform you that it’s a long one.

When you get to the final mission, there will be a much more prominent onscreen visual prompt.

Ah okay. That's good because it still felt too early for the game to end.

Medullah posted:

I think there's 4 or 5 after that.

The power cells can't be missed - there's one that is a pain in the butt if you didn't get it at a certain point because it's not in an open area, but you'll be able to go back and get it.

Yea once the doors opened i found out there were 3 more needed, and I was convinced I had missed some.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mokinokaro posted:

The game is pretty long for its type, but it's paced well so it didn't bother me.

That's what I heard. And there's still a huge amount of mystery left and I'd hope they didn't jam it all into a single long rear end mission.

Oh how convenient, here's a note that explains everything!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, it feels pretty big but it's not really.

I actually have no idea how much time I've spent on the game.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I went for the last Vantage and I was attacked by a stormbird, but that was after I got a cutscene of Aloy looking out at snowy mountains. I assume that's due to me getting too close to the maps edge that thing is there to prevent you from going out of bounds.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh man I thought this would just be a minor side quest but helping the Shadow Carja traitor took a major player off the board which i think will effect anything I do with them in the future.

That's good game design.

BTW I realized why Kojima used this engine for Death Stranding. Environments are just amazing and lush.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Falukorv posted:

Storm bird cutscene is there because you are supposed to head through there during one of the later main quests. You just happened to trigger it by being there early. Don’t worry, you aren’t spoiling anything by going there now, the mission-related place in that area is inaccessible before the quest. But if you killed the storm bird now you won’t have to fight it again when heading through there during the actual quest.

I actually overrode it and ran off. I have permanent override skill, so it would be funny if its still is when i get there in the story.

I'm about to enter the room in the facility to find out Zero Dawn was. Ah...report back when That's done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
First room Holy poo poo but I had a feeling that no, things were not going to be saved by ZD, that the machines were going to kill everything. BUt yes my question is Aloy's why are there still people, and bunnies and grass and poppies?

Well, lets keep going.

I feel like this is going to get very, very grim.