Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
On one hand I am a little wary of any game story that Polygon and Kotaku praise for being lefty fan fiction, on the other the FO:NV guy wrote it so I'm sure it is legit good and not, say, a Bioware game written by first year gender studies majors who watched Star Trek/LOTR one time.

If the mechanics are half as good as they're being made out to be, who gives a gently caress anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Tenacious J posted:

She looks like a hot, non-child version of Emma Watson.

Also this is one of the worst threads on SA right now you should all be ashamed.

Saint Freak posted:

An actress apparently. Hannah Hoekstra, but it looks like all her stuff is in some kind of crazy moonspeak.

Haha what? On what planet is this woman not eminently fuckable?

Also, which outlet/writer is going to be first on the "Horizon actually sucks because the strong woman is white and thin and pretty" trigger? Can we get a pool going?

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I mean I hate it when devs draw attention to ~omg look how progressive we can be please inflate our scores and thus metacritic average~ but holy poo poo these reactions would have you think the main character was Tess Holliday in a "Die Cis Scum" t-shirt and the plot was a gender swapped version of Bitch Planet.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

bloodysabbath posted:

which outlet/writer is going to be first on the "Horizon actually sucks because the strong woman is white and thin and pretty" trigger? Can we get a pool going?

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

JBP posted:

Can someone allay my fears about the story in this game being poo poo and it also being a boring walk around and collectathon so I can part with my money.

Thanks.

Story is written by the Fallout New Vegas person and it's been rock solid so far, really good setup that appears to be going in the direction of "We made robot dinosaur skynet and now humanity is back to sticks and bows." The characters and writing are good at world building and while the game world is very lady-centric, I've yet to see any on-the-nose pandering bullshit.

Gameplay is like all the best parts of Uncharted and Tomb Raider mixed with a bit of The Witcher. If you liked those games I can't imagine you having a bad time here.