Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Don't read too much into it; Colangelo is just calling Hinkie to get approval on all trades so the fans like him & Sam immediately yelled ACCEPT as soon as he heard "two second"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

all of these years and i had no idea it was spelled arron

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/834564173468164097

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jota posted:

That seems like a pretty good sign that Simmons will be playing soon

I wouldn't be toooooooo sure of that yet. He has another scan on his foot on Thursday I think.

Dario definitely is gonna get serious minutes thought.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

.... Jimmy Butler......

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Please don't trade a first for Okafor

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

pace and space, baby

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I wouldn't be toooooooo sure of that yet. He has another scan on his foot on Thursday I think.

bone scan tomorrow in NYC. Results should be public over the weekend. He did a lot in practice today but no 5-5 yet.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Also, as per Woj:

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/834564173468164097

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

pace: very deliberate

space: the area available to opponents as they fly past his slow rear end

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Sixers posters: how legit is Saric?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Ersan deserves a home

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Redgrendel2001 posted:

They have no one else that can play the 4 except for Saric now if Simmons isn't playing. So if there is no other moves going on then either Simmons is back or they are going to be playing Noel and Covington there. And Noel already showed that's not something he should be doing for long stretches.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The SituAsian posted:

Sixers posters: how legit is Saric?

if he can shoot 37% or better from three, maybe all star reserve level.

Big if.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

EvanTH posted:

Wow Afflalo and a pick for PG13 amazing

Nope - it's PG13 to the Warriors for a second and the rights to Anderson Varejo :getin:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

after seeing their team completely unable to compete with the younger, athletic bucks, the bulls have decided to try to acquire their own Greg Monroe

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Metapod posted:

Ersan deserves a home

Agreed. He was really fun to watch while he was here. I can't think of any Sixers fan, besides my dad, who didn't like him.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Menstrual Show posted:

Afflalo and Stuckey, together again.

"Stuck Together" is a great name for a new basketball buddy-comedy, which we haven't had a good example of in a while

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Only the Bulls. Only the Bulls. Ooooonly the one and only...

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

R.D. Mangles posted:

all of these years and i had no idea it was spelled arron

BBR lists his nickname as "Spell Check" which I have never heard anyone call him but has always made plenty of sense

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/afflaar01.html

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Arron Spelling

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I feel like Marreese Speights should hold the Spell Check crown

EvanTH posted:

BBR lists his nickname as "Spell Check" which I have never heard anyone call him but has always made plenty of sense

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/afflaar01.html

Whoever is in charge of nicknames at bref is pretty funny, there's a bunch of made up ones

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Splitter will likely be waived by the Sixers.

I actually think this means they have faith in and are going to start Saric, rather than any tea leaves about Simmons returning.

e:

Jota posted:

They have no one else that can play the 4 except for Saric now if Simmons isn't playing. So if there is no other moves going on then either Simmons is back or they are going to be playing Noel and Covington there. And Noel already showed that's not something he should be doing for long stretches.

That's true, they really don't have any other 4s on the roster, unless they get creative with RoCo and Noel. I hadn't even thought of that

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

can't wait for the Oakafor/Turner/Rose/Wade/Tony Allen hey you'll pay to see these guys from chicago lineup

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Ersan Ilyasova is secretly one of the most valuable players in the NBA. Since last February he's cumulatively worth half of Tobias Harris, one-third of Serge Ibaka, most of Jerami Grant, and now Tiago Splitter and two seconds.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Jota posted:

Holmes is back from the concussion and Noel+Covington can play limited minutes.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Menstrual Show posted:

Afflalo and Stuckey, together again.

Yeah right broseph. Stuckey is going to be the one going to Sacramento.

...I hope...

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

aBagorn posted:

Splitter will likely be waived by the Sixers.

I actually think this means they have faith in and are going to start Saric, rather than any tea leaves about Simmons returning.

This is the Philly media consensus. He's been realllllly good in February and has started to click with McConnell .

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Holmes is back from the concussion and Noel+Covington can play limited minutes.

Ilyasova is playing almost 30 minutes a game for the Sixers, Dario's minutes aren't going to increase that much and those 3 should not be playing there that often, if at all.

They may do it since it doesn't really matter. Losing games is just going to get them a better pick this year. They aren't making the playoffs.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Jota posted:

Ilyasova is playing almost 30 minutes a game for the Sixers, Dario's minutes aren't going to increase that much and those 3 should not be playing there that often, if at all.

A small ball TJ/Sauce/TLC/Roco/Noel "go for the steals" unit would be interesting to watch

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I honestly don't understand why the sixers traded Ersan

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

xbilkis posted:

Please don't trade a first for Okafor

I think like below 10 I'd probably rather have Okafor than most of the bigs this draft but there are so many good guards and I think like, the Bulls need one so yeah.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Metapod posted:

because they werent going to resign him seems like a good reason.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Metapod posted:

Get value for him before he leaves. They weren't re signing him

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i have watched hours of bulls basketball
i have convinced myself that niko mirotic was good
i have imagined that doug mcdermott could be a useful bench player
i have gotten excited because bobby portis roasted people in summer league
whereas, i liked bobby portis mainly because of his face
i have tried to talk myself into denzel valentine
and michael carter-williams
i spent years wondering whether or not derrick rose is back

please don't make me pretend jahlil okafor is anything but a useless NBA anachronism

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

euphronius posted:

because they werent going to resign him seems like a good reason.

Yup. Just getting whatever they could.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sixers may keep Splitter. Not being waived immediately.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Jota posted:

They may do it since it doesn't really matter. Losing games is just going to get them a better pick this year. They aren't making the playoffs.

27 per on the season and it's been closer to 20 for the last month. Tack on 10 mpg to Saric brings him up to the low/mid 30s. The other 10 can go to Holmes/Covington/Noel.

But you're right. I don't think it matters too much considering the circumstances.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Ersan will be loved in the warm comforting arms of Mike Budenholzer until he gets traded for spare parts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

i have watched hours of bulls basketball
i have convinced myself that niko mirotic was good
i have imagined that doug mcdermott could be a useful bench player
i have gotten excited because bobby portis roasted people in summer league
whereas, i liked bobby portis mainly because of his face
i have tried to talk myself into denzel valentine
and michael carter-williams
i spent years wondering whether or not derrick rose is back

please don't make me pretend jahlil okafor is anything but a useless NBA anachronism

Okafor has more talent and upside than all those guys except for rose. IMHO. He just needs time and coaching.

• Locked thread