Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Play as Mrs. Miranda and turn your late husband into a mummy while a spooky version of Robot Builder plays.

Did you know that the game has a partial Italian translation in it? Even the songs were translated. I can pull out Italian Weird Autumn and post it here if you're interested. There's also a bunch of alpha version and ancient placeholder stuff still left in, including design notes in the form of rough block diagrams of a tunnel under the grave you wreck and being able to actually talk to NPCs in the dream sequences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

ishikabibble posted:

The Italian translation probably comes from a thing they did at the Milano Games Festival! Where they had like a whole setup for people to play through the first thirty or so minutes of the game.

https://mandoscampus.wordpress.com/2016/09/11/on-night-in-the-woods-and-not-being-the-target-audience-like-at-all/

Very interesting, thanks for posting that.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

They did recently add Steam trading cards, though. Not sure what to make of that.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

You need to feel the utter confusion and despair from being suddenly thrown into a rhythm game to play bass for a song you never heard before and had no real chance to practice for. Can't get that in a movie.

Also wrecking Gregg at knife fighting doesn't feel gratifying if it's just a video.

Besides, the jumping 'puzzle' got patched and now you can have Mae do it for you, with a cute bit of extra dialogue.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Switching to keyboard controls helped me a ton. Just touch the keyboard and it'll automatically update the prompts, then you can use 1234 instead.

I'm kinda bummed out that the dreams are so lackluster. From poking around in the game assets, there's some placeholders for when they were much more involved and more like Astral projection. Including talking to the old timey miners she comes across.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Take your hand off the controller and put 4 fingers of whatever hand you're most competent with on the 1 - 4 numerical keys above the letters of your keyboard.
And if you don't care about getting a capital P Perfect on Pumpkin Head Guy, just ignore one of the strings. As long as you played the rest of the song well enough, you'll still get praised by your friends.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Larryb posted:

Makes sense honestly. Since I’m likely never going to see it, what do Mae and the others say if you do well/perfectly at the rhythm sections?

Mae is like "All in a day's work!" and her friends are a little surprised it sounded actually good. And you get a different drawing in the journal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I really hope this'll be able to recapture the magic. That trailer looks like a strong start at least.