Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axelgear
Oct 13, 2011

If I'm wrong, please don't hesitate to tell me. It happens pretty often and I will try to change my opinion if I'm presented with evidence.
I found myself wondering how much player choice affected the game.

Some dialogue with Bea outright giving you no choice in saying "You always have a choice!" felt amusingly meta, if deliberate. Otherwise, I got the sense that it didn't affect it much. Ultimately, though, I only got to investigate two of the leads and I feel like I am missing a lot of the story.

Given the elevator bit with the arm getting ripped off, I expected there to be some time travel malarky going on, and that they, somehow, were the ones who left the arm there. Or was that something that I missed?

Top notch game, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axelgear
Oct 13, 2011

If I'm wrong, please don't hesitate to tell me. It happens pretty often and I will try to change my opinion if I'm presented with evidence.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Every Mae/Bea scene completely destroyed me because Mae just could not stop herself from loving up, the fact that you have to choose between dialogue choices that are all lovely things to say was REALLY effective. I'm glad the party had a good ending at least.

"Everybody has the power to choose!" or "Everyone has a choice!" I honestly burst out laughing at that point because it was so weirdly meta, but that whole scene really got home what a mess Mae is. She likes to think she's a good person at heart but she really doesn't have the empathy or discipline to be one yet.

Also, which two events did you investigate? I did Gregg and Bea and I've yet to speak to someone who did Angus's.

Axelgear
Oct 13, 2011

So, I saw some achievements on a friend's account that make me wonder if there's NG+ content (they were about the season changing), or if the game's achievement system is simply horribly bugged.