Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Somfin posted:

I think the most important moment in NitW is the bit where Mae has a massive fight with her mom where some horrible poo poo gets said and the game just continues from there. They don't resolve it at the end of the fight, they don't have some closure later where the issues brought up are fixed. It's not a sign that either character is secretly the bad guy.

There's some tension about it later, but people fight, and they move on, and it's fine.

I had to stop playing for a little while after that scene to absorb what happened because I've had pretty much that exact fight with my parents before. I also did the whole drop out of college and go back to living at home while being a general fuckup so this game was an extremely good self reflection tool.

Lori is super easy to miss entirely and I had to look up missable stuff in the game to discover that I could actually hang out with her at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

oh hell yes

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Loved Night in the Woods so much, I am absolutely hyped for whatever this game is gonna be

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

this game is gonna be incredible

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Aw man, that's a bummer. I was really looking forward to that game. Very much hoping that person can recover from this and get better.