Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Spoilers for the ending: I'm so surprised that it didn't end up just being a gas leak from the mine. The library microfiche had a clip about a woman talking to her long-dead sister and it turned out to just be a hallucination from the gas. And the sinkholes near Mae's house, the fact that her house I believe was built over the mines, her headaches and her dreams. The "ghost" was mostly spotted around stuff to do with the mine, too (the lime kilns on the ridge with Angus, the sinkhole in the graveyard with Bea).
When it was all revealed at the end, I really thought that the bottomless pit was just where gas and the cultists were just hallucinating the singing and the response to the sacrifices was just a coincidence and Mae's problem was schizophrenia. And then at the end, when Mae has her confrontation with the creature was, I think, on top of an explicitly poisoned underground spring that could have had fumes. I mean, but that would discount the fact that that one guy literally teleported to attack Mae and then they dropped an elevator on him.

I really liked it, I was just pleasantly surprised that, no this wasn't just a twist of "It was all hallucinations caused by toxic gas", it really is some kind of out-of-space-horror and the world is going to end, probably soon. I even kept an eye on that bird because, you know, canary and coal mines and all that.

I wish I could re-read what the God Cat was saying because it was a little oblqiue to me. Also I wonder what the deal was with the Janitor. I kept thinking back to the Lost Constellation supplemental game and the whole thing with the Forest God. Basically I'd really like a whole book explaining the lore and the background of the setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU