Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Hillary's underlying message\assumption was "Hello adult kids and parents of adult kids, remember how wack neato stupid the mid to late 90s were? Well, let's all pretend it's still like that, and vote accordingly! Catch you on the flippity flop, my fellow matrix heads!"

Her stated message was an unbroken hum, like the kind a compressor on a refrigerator makes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Typo posted:

what if he loses the fight?

trump has a lot of strength as shown by his grab handshake

Jeb could have worn a poncho to all the debates and stuff and hidden a boiler plate under it, like in Back To The Future III.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Montasque posted:

Judging from this thread it seems her campaign messaging was a little muddled. Hopefully be 2020 she will figure that out, and will be able to defeat Trump once and for all.

By 2020 her message will be "I have potable water and will share that potable water with your children if you call me Boss Hill."

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Captain_Maclaine posted:

You're nuts if you don't think they'll go with "Hindsight is 2020."

That would be perfectly Dem of them.

HILLARY'S CAMPAIGN: Hey, idiots, you feel stupid yet, stupids? Well we're givin' you another chance.

EVERYONE: *collectively wrinkles nose, sighs, votes for someone- anyone- else*

HILLARY'S CAMPAIGN: Oh drat, they must be misogynists or hate old people or something. Eh, the checks cleared.

They're really missing their opportunity to appeal to millennial nostalgia if they don't have a big ad that's a shot for shot remake of the Tales From The Crypt opening but at the end, instead of the Cryptkeeper, it's 73 year old Hillary just having a hell of a time.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Brother Friendship posted:

Hillary Clinton lost to a guy who literally tells children that he's going to gently caress them and bought a modeling show for underaged children so he could walk into their dressing rooms and see them naked.

That's just Donald though. He's just that way, you know. He's so... heh, heh... he's so bad!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Brother Friendship posted:

*stares into mirror*

I'm lookin' good!

The orange man is the brains of our nation, and the fuchsia man is our soul.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Helsing posted:

If Reich is to be believed then even the most milquetoast left-liberal or populist critiques of the economy and its role in Trump's victory are not just dismissed by the Democratic party's elites but in fact are such alien and bizarre concepts that they elicit reactions of mute incomprehension.

I can buy it, considering the liberals on my Facebook are currently waging an epic battle with no one, since they've purged their feeds of ornery relatives post trump, over homophobia vis a vis Beauty & the Beast. It's the only "political" thing I've seen anyone talk about there in at least a week. An elected official is only going to care about what they can't get away with ignoring because their constituency won't let them, so in this case television and movies.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Meanwhile the right are calling their representatives and accidentally paraphrasing the 14 Words while asking them to save their way of life from boogeymen. Good times.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Condiv posted:

I pray for safety from the baloogeymen every night too

I don't know what they are, but hell, have $50.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Stefan Molyneux extols the virtue of disconnecting from friends and family who question your actions to his ancap cult: very bad, disturbing.

Man voluntarily expurgates mother related social media content after she voted for the wrong shrieking boomer wraith: very good, taking a permanent mental health day.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

The Kingfish posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, you are saying a federally determined cost of living would be a powerful weapon for the left? I think "cost of living" in an awesome phrase to be throwing around if so.

cost of living is good because it sounds like a so so REM album that I would defend when I was a teenager because it had one really strong track.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Echo Chamber posted:

I honestly don't understand why the Drumpf meme had such a weird backlash.

Trump is bad. John Oliver got people to call him a funny name for a week and moved on.

I was mildly annoyed because a lot of my family are German and I really don't want the first time a German American gets to run the country since, like, what, Eisenhower, to end with him going fash and maybe bombing stuff. Like, whenever America thinks of us now they think "smug fastidious sex pervert" or "sleepy town that I fled from that is full of laid off dock workers, bowling alley rapists and lovely sons of used car dealership owners" or "the boring Protestant family down the road that digs holes for some reason"; Drumpf could connect it to "nazinazinazinazinazinazi".

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

logikv9 posted:

it's not a very good zoo

It's the truckstop zoo on the road to oblivion.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

GamingHyena posted:

Easily one of the most baffling and tone deaf campaign slogans in history. It takes a special type of arrogance when the guys running to the left AND right of you can't stop talking about how the American worker is getting screwed, and your response is "excuse me, but AMERICA is doing pretty well thank you very much." :smug: Granted, Hillary lacked the firmware to feign empathy with those former factory workers concerned about how to support their family. But you'd think someone on the campaign staff would have stopped to wonder why Trump, who ran his campaign like he was trying to lose, had such a fervent base of support among lower income Americans. Could it be that Trump took a page from Democratic politicians of the past and actually vocalized their concerns about economic insecurity?

Nah, the people in Rust Belt states who supported Obama in 2008/2012 probably just got super racist in 2016.

It's not a slogan, it's a comeback a random democrat pundit would make on Real Time when a republican counterpart said Trumps slogan. The republican would be silenced by the audience freaking out because the applause sign told them to. Hillarys campaigns big mistake was thinking the voting booths have the same kind of electric signs in them & herd stress that tell the hoi polloi how to react. You communicate with people exclusively in one sided, controlled and shaped venues your whole career as a public servant and, whoa, what, you end up not knowing what they're really like?!?!?!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

The Brown Menace posted:

all those years, mr the rock, you were dropping the elbows not for the people, but on the people

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I'm picturing a room full of communists trying to struggle session The Rock and getting thrown around like bags of sorghum. If you took a picture of it it would look like that statue of the angry dude covered in babies.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

massive gun control regulations would pass within the hour

Well, the cops would run them over with APCs first, maybe go shoot some of their families while performing illegal searches of their homes for evidence of terrorist organizations, then the regulations, then we'd talk about how bad it was and how this was going to being the big moment when people wake up, then the public would forget about it.

Then a little while later "Hey, what if WE tried getting MORE guns?"
---
I was the it that had the conniption, by the way. That dude is a horse-dog-maniac & I knew the only end position of this moron arguing with that moron is both of us locked in a hateful nerd bitch embrace as the thread burned down around us.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

TBH I'd vote for her if she did that.

She'd probably have to get beltway creeps under the pretense that they were going to be staffers to be her hostages, because at this point even dogs whine and crawl away when she comes near, so I say just let her mow them down.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Jesus please us, I bet the minute her butt touched the desk chair in the Oval Office, she would exhale with satisfaction one last time and pass from this earth, returning to the Manichean hive devil mind that spawned her.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

falcon2424 posted:

What's with this need to have losers concede quickly?

I get that we need peaceful transition of power. But is the world really going to burn if a politician says something like, "Every vote matters. I'm not going to concede until the states finish counting all the votes?"

It makes them look more stately. American politicians have (up until now, I have no clue what's going on now) valued prim decorum over their constituency.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

"oh no, I want to make a fuss, but I better just sit here stiffly, looking like a scarecrow someone made to keep civil liberties from landing & eating their profits."

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Thoguh posted:

I don't actually believe she just passed out and got found though because (1) that's a downtown area with people always around during the day and (2) there's no way she just walked away from the secret service for hours.

Maybe she was totally covered in nesting pigeons and so no one could tell that it was presidential hopeful Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton, and not just a pile of pigeons.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Eventually she was discovered when a hobo lifted one of the pigeons off of her in order to eat it, exposing her rictus smile framed by wings and bird feces.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

On the contrary, the 2016 recounts were actually good and hilarious because Jill Stein ripped off the Democrats to the tune of millions of dollars.

I know what you're talking about, but in my mind it was by shilling essential oils.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

President Stein make colloidal silver consumption mandatory, America becomes nation of Smurfs, effectively ending racism.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Condiv posted:

my uncle did this to himself. he's not as blue as he used to be, more greyish now

That's awesome, you uncle sounds awesome!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

She has as many personalities, as there are recorded sightings of her.

But behind all of them is just a little girl.

A dead little girl, smothered by the other personalities because it wouldn't stop telling them to reconsider their actions.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

"You won't have ol Tricky Clit to kick around," said the woman in the mandarin collar to the press corp, before bursting into a cloud of hungry crows.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Dreddout posted:

Wait a sec, "America is great because America is good" is an actual thing and not just a Cspam joke?

Holy loving Christ

I mean, the logic is airtight.

So airtight in fact that anyone who adopts it has gone brain dead from oxygen deprivation, but still.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

anime was right posted:

imagine bill clinton with a smart phone when he was 30

That dick would stay so wet it would get pruney. He'd have trench dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

Bush Jr was like incredibly dumb by any standards.

We only think he's dumb because school & standardized tests don't take into consideration the unique needs and talents of a fake east coast cowboy boss baby who probably cranked it in a coffin while looking at the skull of a native american at least once.

• Locked thread