Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

My old church had places where the room was inexplicably lowered so you had to step up or down. No idea why. I suppose to delineate between this place is a Important or something.

Lemme guess. You shoplifting food to feed the baby vermins! [Fake edit yes! I was right!] Aww I care about Germ! They're my fave character just because they are a crow :3 *plonk plonk crow sound*

I vote for Gregg. It fits with Mae's lackadaisical, first have fun tendencies. Work?! So boring. We should have fun all the time!

I'm curious what the pay off will be. Do we convince someone to leave town and seek a brighter future via being a role model of ambivalent delinquency? Do we get someone arrested for pushing them into breaking the law?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

"Easter bunny is pretty sexy according to some people"

Furries. Just say furries. :v:

Hannakuh isn't sexy. It's a holiday based around resisting assimilation and celebrating a specific miracle. Plus religion generally isn't sexy. What are you going to dress up as? Sexy Jeweish mom? Wait no that's someone's fetish..... :gonk:

I think the god in Possum Springs is..... the sleeping roofcat, ever dreaming of our lives, caring but maintaining a mystical distance.

My fave breakfast foods were those Belgian waffles bought from costco when I was wayyyy younger and they were sugary sugarbombs of sweet dough and cronchy bits of brown sugar and theY WERE GREAT. I LOVED THOSE THINGS SO MUCH. One day I will buy a wafflemaker and waffle up some made waffles.

value-brand cereal fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 10, 2017

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Willie Tomg posted:

How to make good pancakes:

--Use enough butter and only fry them on a well buttered surface
--Use enough baking powder to react with the buttermilk and salt but not so much it gives an alkaline taste
--put actual syrup on them, the kind that comes from a tree and not the head of a plastic racist caricature.

[spoilers], my dude!

(i agree tho!!)

Sighs.... im so smort. [thank you it's fixed!]

And agreed on the real syrup and not the fake corn syrup+coloring nonsense. Even if it costs ten bux for a medium bottle :( on the West Coast area. Or use jams. Blueberry jam on pancakes is wonderful, but there's something about orange marmalade that's a good breakfast flavor. A bright taste to start the day!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I'm a loser and realized I never posted my nonsensical responses to the episodes. So let's have a dump! Also post them!

Episode: 23
There's a bucket that says Piso mojado and I wonder if there's Speedy Gonzalez in this world :3 the characters seem to be limited to larger prey or predator animals though. You know, there aren't many visible tails on people. I just realized that. It's too bad, there cool have been some cool emoting there, like a bristling tail at the kidnapping scene.

Maple leaf was describing Bea as the calm grounded one, asks I wonder what Bea was like before all this. Like, you know, birds of a feather click together, right? So was Bea more outgoing as a teen, or more into outrageous thrills like Gregg and Mae can be into. Or perhaps due to being goth, and therefore unusual, Bea just fell into a unified group of outsiders that simply included Mae, Gregg, Et al.

I wonder if there will be some event that causes Mae to reflect upon herself and help decide her future. I'd guess the loss of her family home?

Episode: 24

My god. I can't believe Bea is smoking in a library. Shameful!

Mae is really doubling down on everything being something else's fault,nor at least shirking responsibilty. I wonder if there would be any character development for her, or if, true to the town's theme, she will remain in a stagnant downward trend. I'm not sure where she'll do this though, as her parents are losing the house.

Did we ever find those pentagram those not dev trio asked us to find?

Someone has an albino raccoon? AMAZING! I wonder if the sapient animals like Mae ever have albinism. I suppose so.

Also you missed the bit in the "Mike Rowe Fish" segment where Arthur Borowski started and headed a miners strike one year after the tragic mining accident. And they lasted more than 30 days! I love that the woman's striking camp is beating away all the scabs and stuff. Hell yeah kick their asses! Holy poo poo. 112 people died in that mining accident. No wonder there was a strike. And it seems negligence on the company's part was why it happened.

What did sam culson build with the ten acres outside of possum springs? Maybe I missed that. The article just said that it woukd delight children for years to come. And my god, you name a place Shreigeist and expect it not to be haunted? I'm not language man certain and I know calling things 'shriek ghost' is begging for ghosts to show up.

I think the softball incident was the only one that seriously disrupted mae's life. She did mention doing therapy while out of school for this. Maybe that was the start of her life going awry :(

Considering it was miner's who ripped out the bosses teeth, Arthur Borowski is a miner [right?] and we found that tooth in the Borowski house..... maybe mae's family is part of a secret society????? Maybe that's why there were boxes blocking that one room! He was hiding a skull there! Someone call Nic Cage, I've got a sequel to pitch!

Total dead
One dead from natural causes, lil joe
Two children dead from strike riot
There was a massacre, unknown number
There was 112 dead from a mining accident

Should be a fair amount of ghosts out there. How will we know which ones are kidnappers?

Episode: 25
I feel that Mae saying history repeats and we're all just stuck in this cycle is more indicative of her being a bit hopeless. Or feeling out of place, like she doesn't know where she belongs in this town or life despite there should be a place for her.

Share custody of you and your ghost is the best line in this game. I love Gregg's face when he asks about illegal adventures. The squinty eye like he's smiling super hard is so cute! Why are we hanging with Bea when Gregg also exists?? Love some Gregg and Angus too please and thanks!

I like that, in the background on the second of mae's house there's a bunch of pictures of the family. Like, you got a photo of Mrs. mae's mom looking super tired and pregnant, and then a photo of her dad laying down with a tiny baby mae bundled up next to him. The CUTEST purr-ito! And a photo of a tornado for some reason. This game has such great details!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

GREGG.