Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
I am extremely happy that this is back. This is quite a fitting LP for a game like NitW, in many ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
[Does this still count as a double post?]

There are some nice and neat news out there.

(Link contains some very slight spoilers for future content, but nothing major, as far as I can tell)

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
As long as the LP continues, even if slowly, it's fine :)

Since you brought up parallels with the main story: The way Adina keeps running laps through an enclosed, inescapable space visiting the same few places again and again is certainly reminiscent of Mae's day-to-day life, with the decisive difference that Adina actually has some sort of goal, flimsy as it may be. And that alone immediately lends a completely different feel to the gameplay, at least as far as I can tell from watching you play.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Looking forward to the finale of this story.

One of the developers mentioned on Twitter that some fans somehow got the idea that Lost Constellation is a depiction of real historical events in the world of Night in the Woods and started speculating whether Adina might be Mae's ancestor or something. Quite ironic that the limits of interpretation actually came up as a topic here.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Olive Branch posted:

First I want to say that I apologize for any pinging of people's user panels with this reply, and second for not having an update.

I have already recorded footage for the next two hours or so of gameplay but haven't gone over them with Maple Leaf, and won't for the next couple of months as I'm not at home. Blame other games, my laziness, and general depression at seeing America dying out in real time while playing this game.

I'll do my duty to the thread in August and to my state in November's elections, and I hope other Amerigoons do too. Sorry for turning this reply into D&D (or maybe LF)!

It's really good to know that this is still going! I hope I don't ping this thread again with this post, but I just wanted to give at least some feedback here :)

Must be quite a weird feeling to be doing an LP that is so deeply coordinated with the tendencies of this era... As far as I'm concerned, you can take as much time as you need. We ultimately have no choice but to assume that the world will still exist in August, so I'm looking forward to the next update :v:

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Well now I'm a bit torn, I would really like to see the end of this, but I also don't want you to potentially get banned over an LP... But if that's how it is now, I'm certainly looking forward to the final updates :)

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Simply gorgeous!

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
I am very happy about this :3:

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Shei-kun posted:

TWO DAYS before the deadline.

Narrowly avoiding horrible consequences is a very Mae move, so

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
It is indeed interesting that music is so rarely acknowledged as an aspect of a particular game's artistic character. In fact, I know of only very few games that use music for more than just the evocation of certain feelings during certain scenes (I'd say even NitW doesn't really go beyond this stage of incidental music, except in the band segments). Music is generally treated as an enhancement of preexisting story/gameplay events or visuals, not as a part of the work's semantic structure that can generate relations of meaning in its own right. I think a good example of the latter would be Yume Nikki: The short, mostly minimalistic tone-loops serve as a constant description of the total stasis and timelessness of the dreamscapes you're wandering through, and in the vast empty areas the music is sometimes literally the only 'thing' that's even present at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Appropriately enough, it's the game's anniversary:
https://twitter.com/bombsfall/status/1098463156698005505

(Edit) Whoops. Update on the previous page:

Olive Branch posted:

Still on a good path for ending this in a week's time! Just need to do an update a day! So here's two of them!