Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Wild Bull the Bully

Let me share a story with you, a story about a little girl named Isabelle. The story might get a little dark, a little sad, a little depressing, but don't worry. I promise there'll be a happy ending by the end of this tale.

Isabelle was a child born into luxury. She lived in a big house, with many toys, and two wonderful dogs, Gertie and Bertie. Her parents were barely around, but that never bothered Isabelle. She knew her parents loved her, no matter how far apart they may be from her. Life was good for Isabelle... until the accident.

Ah, what an unfortunate moment. Her parents, taken away from her by a road accident. One wrong turn, one inebriated driver, and that was it for them. Of they go, into the big city in the sky, leaving Isabelle, who was still young at the time, all by herself.

Oh, but Isabelle's misfortune does not end there. As it turns out, her parents have both built up a substantial amount of debt, a debt the vultures were quick to claim. Before there was time to mourn, they swooped in, and took everything she ever had. Her toys, her dogs, even her house. All gone, in a blink of an eye.

Isabelle had no relatives who would take her in, so she was forced to live in an orphanage. A dingy, shabby little place, with a roof that looked like it would collapse at any moment, doors that never properly closed, and beds as stiff as concrete. They called it an orphanage, but it might as well have been a place for forgotten children.

As if the universe couldn't be any crueler, it decided, almost on a whim, to take away her health, too. Isabelle became sick, and her living conditions did not help. She became weak, and even doing the most basic of tasks were a struggle for her, and that weakness attracted the attention of those who prey on the weak. It attracted the bullies to her.

The bullies hounded her constantly, calling her names, insulting her, stealing her food, forcing her to sleep on the cold floor, and making her feel worthless. They were relentless, and the adults, the people she thought she could depend on, would do nothing to stop them.

Oh Isabelle, poor little Isabelle. She once had everything, but now she had nothing. Her parents, her house, even her health were all taken away from her, and now she has to live in a place she hates, with people she hates even more. Now, you must be asking yourself, what reason would Isabelle ever have to motivate herself to wake up every morning, if everything around her is terrible? Is it from a naive sense that everything will eventually be better? No, no, my friends. It's nothing like that. The answer is actually very simple.

It's hate.

Hate for the house she's forced to live in, hate for all the bullies who tortured her, hate for the adults who ignored her, and hate for her own weakness. Her body was weak, but her hate was strong, and that hate was strong enough to sustain her. She decided, as her only way of fighting back, she would continue living out of spite. She would never give them the satisfaction of breaking her.

But we all have our breaking points, and Isabelle's came at a rainy day, out near the playground. One of the nastier bullies crossed a line he shouldn't have; he insulted her dead parents. Just like that, all the repressed emotions, all the hate, it all came out, in one, single, punch that knocked the bully off his feet. Unfortunately for Isabelle, the bully was not alone. He had friends. She knew what was coming next if she stayed, so she ran. She ran as far as her little legs could take her, until she could run no more. She knew she could never come back to the orphanage, and now she truly has nothing, only her tears. If only she wasn't so weak. If only she had power, true power, the kind of power that would cause others to fear her. If she had that power, she wouldn't even be in this situation. No one would dare push her around anymore. But she doesn't have that power. She's just a poor, weak little girl. Oh Isabelle, poor little Isabelle.

"Excuse me, are you okay?"

Isabelle looked up from her knees and saw a boy and an older gentleman stand in front of her. They both looked at her with concern, and asked about her well-being. They heard her story, and saw her pain, so they offered her a place to stay. The boy and the gentleman took Isabelle to their house, gave her warm food, a shower, and a comfy bed to sleep in. It was the first act of kindness anyone has given her in years.

Oh, and the gentleman who decided to take Isabella in? He was no ordinary gentleman. His name is Magnus Granteed, aka Mr. Mystic, one of the most esteemed sorcerers in Avalon, and the boy was his apprentice, Toby Wyatt.

After a while has passed, Magnus tells Isabelle that he sees the mystical energies within her, and that was what guided him and Toby to her that rainy day. He continues on, explaining to her that the energy manifests itself in different ways to different people. To some, like him, it gives them easier access to magic from other worlds, while for others, like Toby, it would manifest itself as elemental manipulation. He offered to train Isabelle, and she took it without a second thought.

Months passed, and Isabelle grew more and more impatient. The training was slow, and she was getting tired of the constant need to meditate and reflect. Magnus emphasized how important the meditation process is, and how she must clear the darkness within her heart before they get to the next process. "Be patient," he would say, "If we rush, and you are not ready, then the mystic energy will consume you, and corrupt you. We will get there eventually."

"Eventually" doesn't mean "now," thought Isabelle. She did not care about the meditations, all she wanted was the power that was rightfully hers. All this waiting, this meditation, is a colossal waste of time.

But what if there was a faster way? They know magic, right? Surely they must have a way that can bring out the powers inside of you faster, and, just as it so happens, Isabelle knows just the person to ask; Toby.

Toby was hesitant at first. He didn't want to anger his master, and he wasn't sure if this was a wise idea to make. "Come on, Toby," she said to him, "Are you going to have that old fart make all your decisions for you? You wanted to be a hero, right? What kind of hero stands around, waiting for permission before they can do anything? Show some initiative, will ya!"

"You're right," he said, "Let's go. I think I might know of a way."

~Continued in Part 2~

quote:

What changed you?

Toby found a book that detailed a way to unleash the power within you, but it also came with a warning; those who choose this way must steel themselves with an iron will, lest they be consumed by the flames. Toby hesitated again after reading the warning, but Isabella assured him that everything will be fine, and she is confident in Toby's skills.

A few candles here, a few ritual circles there, and everything was ready. Now all that was left was the incantation, and the ritual would be set in motion. When Toby spoke the words, Isabelle felt it. She felt the power rise up within her. It was finally in her grasp. Just a few more minutes, and she can finally have the power she wanted.

"What are you doing!?"

It was Magnus. He walked in halfway through the ritual, and he was furious. Toby, in a panic, lost his concentration, and that's when things went wrong. Isabelle's body burst into dark flames.

Magnus and Toby panicked, they saw poor Isabelle in pain, and they hurried to find a way to stop the flames. They searched, and they searched, and then they stopped when they heard an odd sound coming from the direction of the flames. It was laughter. Isabelle was laughing. They thought she had gone mad from the pain, but they were wrong, oh so wrong.

Isabelle laughed, and laughed, and laughed, and for a brief moment, it looked like she was absorbing the flames into her body. The fire eventually died down, and there was not a burn mark on Isabelle's body.

They thought Isabelle was being consumed by the flames, but they were wrong. It was the flames that were being consumed by Isabelle, and out of the fire, came a new Isabelle.

The old, weak Isabelle is dead.

And in her place, Isabelle, the Wild Bull, was born.

See? Told you the story had a happy ending.

quote:

How did you overcome?

Aw poo poo, I forgot there was more to this story. Whatever, I was getting tired of the whole story book crap anyways.

"Overcome" would imply I actually broke a sweat. This? Kid's stuff. Those "corrupting flames" apparently respond really well to hate, and buddy, let me tell ya, I have a lot of hate to go around. Controlling those flames was as easy as breathing air, and it felt great. I never felt so alive as I did that one moment. I felt like I could take on the entire drat world!

Of course, there was still the issue of Mr. Stickupmyass and Toby the sucker (Can you believe he actually FELL for my whole routine? What a sap!). The old man tried to contain me in some kind of magic cube thing. I decided to throw the old man a bone, make him think he actually trapped me for a few seconds... before I shattered his magic cube like it was glass. I thought I'd show my appreciation towards the old man and NOT shatter all his bones. Just some of them. As for Toby? Wasn't worth the effort. He's weak. Spent the whole time cowering in some corner like a little baby.

I had it. I finally had it. The power I wanted for so long! I can take what I want, do what I want. I was on top of the world, and nothing could ever stop me!

quote:

Who, outside the team, do you blame the most?

I blame myself. I could not believe I let my lust for power consume me like that. Truly, I am regretful for my actions, and if I could turn back time, I would make sure none of this ever hap-ppppppppfffffffffhahahahahhahahahahahaha just messing with ya.

You wanna know who I blame? Toby. I'd be much more powerful if it wasn't for him.

See, little Toby finally decided to grow some balls. He stood in my way, and tried to say some brave words, something about how I'm not going to get away with this, how could I do this, blah blah blah blah. He looked like he was about ready to piss his pants. It would've been adorable, if it wasn't also so pathetic. I was about ready to push him away... and that's when he pulled out that freaking amulet. He spoke a few words, and before I could react, the amulet glowed, and I felt my powers being sucked away by it. Little prick! I am NOT going to lose my powers as soon as I got them! I mustered up enough strength to kick the prick off his feet, and made a quick run for it. I don't know what kind of magic poo poo Toby pulled that day, but he managed to contain a good amount of my powers in that one amulet. I should be stronger, much stronger than I already am, but that jerk had to go and ruin my fun!

I'm going to find a way to my full strength back, and when I do, no amount of magic amulets is going to stop me from coming for you, Toby.

quote:

Why do you try to be a villain?

Because it's freaking fun? Do you know how freeing it is to finally have the strength to finally do everything you've ever wanted? I can take what I want, do what I want, and nobody can stop me! Or, they can try, but it usually doesn't work out well for them. Usually.

What? You think I'm going to use my powers for good? Hah! Yea freakin' right! Sure, yea, I'll go and save the people, the same people who, you know, ABANDONED me in some shithole for years. If there's anything I've learned over the years, it's that being weak gets ya nothing, and those Young Knight pansies? They're all a bunch of weak shits who act like they're better than you because they have some kind of "moral code." What the hell is the point of having power if you don't use it?

quote:

Why do you suffer the others?

Now, I know what you're probably thinking. "Wild Bull! Why on earth would you ever group up with these lesser villains!? Won't they just bring you down!? They're nowhere near as strong as you are, or nearly as handsome! And none of them have the same impeccable sense of style that you do!" To which I say, thank you. I am pretty great, aren't I?

As much as it pains me to admit it, I can't do everything on my own. I know, I know, I can't believe it either. poo poo like planning ain't exactly my forte. I'm more of a "charge in gun's blazing" kind of gal. When I'm with a team, I never have to worry about the whole thinking part. Just point me at a target, and I'll smash everything in my way.

Plus, it's exciting! Working with a group that hate and mistrust each other? Sounds like my kind of jam!

...And I'm sure they'll be smart enough to know not to cross me, of course.

quote:

Everyone's got a home, or at least a bed they call their own. What part of the city do you come from, and who's the person there that always has your back?

The old, "dead," Isabelle, before she was taken to that craphole of an orphanage, lived in the Golden District. It's that fancy place where all the high-society people live. If you're a resident there, you're pretty much treated like royalty. You got servants, usually demi-humans, waiting on you hand and foot, you get to live in a big, fancy house, experience the finest cuisines, and all that crap. Did I forget to mention the streets are made of actual gold, too?

'Course, none of that matters if your parents pass away, apparently. You'd THINK a place known for "taking care of it's own" would care for a child who's parents tragically passed away, but nah, let's just dump her in some lovely orphanage and forget about her ever existing.

Assholes.

I want nothing to do with that place, expect to burn the whole place to the ground, until there's nothing left but ash.

As for where I live now, I found this nice, little place near the docks. The place used to belong to some z-lister villain team called- uh- poo poo, what were they called again? The Skull Smashers, I think? Whatever, point is, I kicked 'em all out, and made the place mine, and there ain't anything they can do about it.

Oh, I didn't kick all of them, though. I let one of them stay! Here he comes now!

His name is Pompom and isn't he the cutest little thing!? His fur is so FLUFFY! I could spend all day petting him! He's such a good, little boy! Yes you are! Yes you are! He's such a good listener, too, and he always cheers me up when I'm down! I love him so much!!!

...Why are you looking at me like that?

Hey! I like dogs, okay!? Do you have a problem with that!? I hope you don't, or else I'm going to have to SMASH YOUR FRICKING FACE IN!

quote:

Why didn’t you join the Young Knights, and try to make yourself a seat at the Table?

Uh, let's see, it could be because, 1) I sent a member of the Knights to the hospital, 2) I have a rap sheet that's a mile long, and 3) being a good guy is for suckers? What has the world ever done for me, huh? Before I got my powers, the world would crap on me every opportunity it gets. I'd get told I was worthless everyday, and that I was worse than nothing, and you expect me to help the same people that treated me like garbage? gently caress.THAT.

They're a club of losers as far as I'm concerned, and I ain't a loser! I'm the Wild Fuckin' Bull, and the only person the Bull watches out for is herself!

quote:

Someone you know joined the Young Knights, who are they?

Seriously? You want me to talk about her? Ugh, fine.

Her name is Jun Kusanagi, or Shadow Blade. I prefer to call her "a pain in my rear end."

Jun was part of the orphanage, just like me, and also like me, she was tortured as much as I was by the local bullies. I remember thinking about reaching out to her one day. I thought, we're both stuck in a lovely situation, so maybe we can make it less lovely by sticking together? It's dumb as hell, but I was desperate for any kind of comfort that time. I talked with her, and I guess we became "friends." Or at least, I thought we were "friends," until I found out she was loving lying to me the whole time.

Jun had powers.

I remember walking into her room one day, and the first thing I saw was her lifting up her bed, with her mind.

Jun had telekinetic powers.

I was mad. Really mad. This whole time, this whole loving time, she had the POWER, the thing THAT I LACKED, to FIGHT BACK against the loving bullies, and she never used it! Not once! She could have OWNED the whole orphanage, and nobody would be able to stop her! She could have HELPED ME, this whole time she could have HELPED ME, her "FRIEND," but she didn't! She didn't do a loving thing! And why? Because you're SCARED of what people would think!? Screw you!

And now, now that she's joined the Young Knights, she has the loving balls to act like she's trying to "help" me. "You're better than this, Isabelle! Please, let me help you." You're 6 years too late, sister. Maybe you shoulda thought of helping me when I actually needed it.

quote:

What don't you like about Avalon City? What do you like?

Everything about The Golden District, for one. Everybody's always talkin' about it like it's the second coming, and I can't stand it. The only thing they really got over there are a buncha rich assholes who love living in their own asses.

What...do I like? Uh... well... I like... tough things! Yea! Because I'm tough! I'm tough and mean as hell! I'm so tough, I eat rocks! That's how tough I am!

...You're not buying this, are you?

...Okay, fine, I'll tell you, BUT YOU CAN'T TELL ANYBODY ELSE, ALRIGHT!?

I... actually... really like the animal shelters.

...What!? They're really good animal shelters, okay!? It's not like I VOLUNTEER for them or anything! And it's not like I sometimes spend all day taking care of animals or anything!

Okay, so MAYBE I do take care of animals, what of it!? That doesn't make me less bad! Maybe I'm planning on like, I dunno, turning them into my personal wild army or something, have you ever thought of that, huh!?

quote:

:siren: Bonus Question!!! :siren: Sweet, Salty, Savory, Sour, or Bitter?

Wait, are we talking about candy? Oh poo poo, do we get free candy after this interview!? Sweet! Hey, do ya happen to have some of those gummie bears they sell down the street? I love those! They're the best! I can't get enough of 'em!

...We are talking about candy, right?

quote:

(Optional) What’s your character’s theme song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvRobF6r7gM

The Bully posted:

Villain Name: Wild Bull
Look: woman, white, casual clothing, simple costume

Abilities:
Terrifyingly strong: I can punch steel walls with my fist. Can you punch steel walls? Yea, I didn't think so.
Unbelievably hard to kill: The dark flames inside of me have tempered my body, and made it as hard as steel. I'm basically bullet-proof, and my body heals at a faster rate than a normal human one does.
Uniquely skilled at causing pain: They don't call me the "Wild Bull" for nothing. Once I set my sights on you, you better pray to whatever God you believe in for an intervention, cuz that's the only way to stop me from coming for you.

Assets:
A dangerous beast -

Gertrude - Hey! Don't insult Gertie like that! She's not dangerous at all! I saved her from some jerk Knight who was trying to hurt her, and she's been with me ever since. I'll have you know she's actually a kind and gentle soul! Aren't you, girl? Yes you are! Why is she looking at you like that? Oh, that just means she really likes you! Come on, why don't you pet her? I promise she won't bite... much.
A fixer - Christie might seem airheaded, but the girl's got a mind like a steel trap. She's the one who sets me up with jobs.

Labels
Freak +0
Danger +2
Trouble +0
Superior -1
Menace +2

Bully Moves
□ I’m the Juggernaut
When there’s something you want and someone, something, or someplace is in your way, roll +Danger. On a hit, you breeze past any obstacle and get what you want. On a 7-9, choose one: mark a condition; leave something behind; take something with you.

□ Rhino’s Bargain
Whenever you threaten someone or something your target cares about with physical force or violence, you may roll +Menace instead of +Superior to provoke someone.

Moment of Triumph
Nobody can make you do anything anymore. Right now, the chains come off, as does any other limit you or anyone else put on you. They’re going to all pay for what they’ve done. Every single transgression, every single wrong, is paid back in full, with interest. Of course, there’s some collateral damage, and it might be that you’re the one leaving the traumatized in your wake, starting the cycle anew…

Plan Moves
When you meddle in the plots of others… mark Curses! If you immediately make them the boss or the meat. If they are already the boss or the meat, take Influence over them instead.

When others meddle in your plots… give them Influence over you and hold 1. Spend that hold to show up when they least expect it.

When you stop to gloat about your master plan… hold it over them like they are a child, make them jump for it, and roll +Plan. On a hit, they are vulnerable. On 7-9+, choose one: mark a condition; spend one Plan; they know where to find you after this.

During our first caper…
We upstaged a respected hero. Who or what was it?

Relationships

___________________ is the boss. They’ve promised to help you get ahead if you follow orders.
___________________ is the meat. They remind you in a specific way about your weaker self.

_______________ is your love. You’ve opened up to them about the worst parts of your past.
_______________ is your rival. They tried to control you at a crucial moment.

Pecking Order
You’re a creature of hierarchy. You always recognize one big boss and one piece of meat. You can change the boss or the meat at any time; give the new subject of your loyalty or depredations Influence over you. Even your victim represents some insecurity about yourself. Take +1 ongoing to any action that supports the boss or frustrates the meat.
Boss: __________________________
Meat: _________________________

The Bull’s Heart
You always have exactly one love and one rival. You can change your love or rival at any time; give the new subject of your affections or disdain Influence over you. Take +1 ongoing to any action that impresses your love or frustrates your rival.
Love:
Rival:

Influence
You're hard to figure out. Give the boss and the meat influence over you, but that's it.
You’re selective about who you let in. Give your love and rival Influence over you, but that’s it.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Mar 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Gave myself a second asset!

quote:

You threw yourself into the flames for power? That's pretty terrifying - fire hurts. But I guess when you live as meek and awful a life as the old Isabelle did, even self-immolation seems like an acceptable risk. Still, lots of people take a hit of some strange magic juju, run back to town with their heads held high, and then six months later end up in the same ditch they were born in. You're different from those shlubs, of course. You're different from most people, because your power is searing and eternal. Yet - Avalon City has a way of dampening the brightest lights, and smothering the hottest flames. Tell me about a time, after you gained your powers, when your flame burnt itself to ember, a time when you felt just plain worn-out, and the how you rekindled your fire.

Seriously? You wanna know about that whole shitshow? Isn't there anything else you wanna ask me about, like, I dunno, "Why are you so cool, Wild Bull?"

...Tch, fine. I'll answer the stupid question.

It happened when I was doing work for The Dark Tide Gang. Their leader, Genzo the Shark, hired me as the muscle. The job was simple; they were planning to steal some valuable material from one the warehouses by the docks, and I'd be there to take care of anybody who's actually stupid enough to get in our way. Like I said, simple.

'Course, things are never that simple.

She was there.

Of all the potential Knights who could've tried to stop us, it had to be her. The one person who I hate the most in this entire loving world.

Jun was there.

It was the first time we met as hero and villain, and we both looked at each other in shock. We didn't even know what happened to each other after the orphanage. It was just one big loving coincidence that we ran into each other like that, can you believe it?

...And then I got angry. Like, really angry. I mean, angrier than I've ever been before, and I don't even know why. Seeing her again triggered something inside of me, and set me off in a blind rage. She was trying to say something to me, but I didn't listen. All I wanted to do was smash her face in.

We fought, for a long time, and the more we fought, the angrier I got, and then I... blanked out. I don't remember what happened next, but when I woke up, the entire dock was smashed up and on fire, and I was exhausted. I could hardly move anymore. If it wasn't for Gertie's help, I don't think I would've been able to make it out there. For once in my life, I was raged out, and I just felt really, really tired.

You wanna know how I recovered after that? How I rekindle the fire inside of me? I'll tell you how; it's because I'm the Wild Fuckin' Bull, that's how! I regained my power back through sheer force of loving will! If you thought something' like that'd permanently snuff out my flames, then you're dead wrong! This bull ain't going down that easily! And besides, the whole thing turned out to be a valuable learning experience for me. I've learned how to channel all my rage, so I don't lose control of myself like that again. It still takes a lot out of me when I go into what I now call The Bull's Rage, but it ain't no problem for someone as tough as I am! Nothing's ever going to put this bull down!

Isabelle actually recovered by resting for two weeks, though she'd never admit it. She spent most of her time watching romance movies, which she'd constantly get teary-eyed at, with Christie, eating ice-cream, and spending time with her pets. Christie is the only person who knows how Isabelle actually spent her time recovering, and Christie promised not to tell anyone else.

quote:

You had a lot of bullies as a kid. A lot of different hands pushed Isabelle into the toilet bowl, as it were. And later, Wild Bull broke a lot of the fingers on those hands. You're stronger than them now, all of them, and from your new position you've observed a small bit of truth about the human condition (or at least the Avalonian condition): Personal history, pride in one's actions, belief in one's motives - none of that means poo poo next to the Fear of The Strong. Who once treated you with disdain as Isabelle, and how did you treat them when they tried to kowtow before Wild Bull?

I've had plenty of people who treated me like poo poo, but the worst one of them all was a kid who called himself Blade. Blade, and his little gang, made it their personal loving duty to make Isabelle's life a living hell. Why? Because she was weak, and they were strong, and the strong are the ones who prey on the weak and all that crap. I wasn't the only one they tortured, of course, but I was their "favorite" because I couldn't fight back. Lucky me.

Imagine my surprise when, a few years later, I ran into Blade again. It was late, and I was making my back to my place. I took a shortcut through an alley, and lo and behold, there he was! Little Blade grew up in the world! He graduated from being a bully to leading his own little adorable gang! And they were trying to mug me! Me! It was almost adorable!

Oh, you should've been there! It was hilarious! They tried so hard to take me down! I didn't even have to do anything, they just tired themselves out! Oh, and the look on Blade's face when he finally recognized who I was! It was priceless! He straight up started pissing his pants!

He begged, oh, he begged. He got down on his knees, and started pleading to me, crying like a little baby the whole time. I almost felt sorry for him. Almost. I was the one with all the power now. I'm the strong one, not him.

But, see, unlike Blade, the bull knows mercy. There are so many different ways I could crush him, and leave him with nothing but a broken body, but I chose not to. Instead, I gave him another option; he'd have to listen to everything I have to say from now on, and if he does anything to cross me, he'll feel the full force of the Bull's Rage. He accepted, but it's not like he had much of a choice.

I got him on animal duty while I'm gone. He's in charge of picking up all the poo poo. Wait until he sees the little surprise I had Gertie leave for him, haha!

Arashiofordo3 posted:

The shelter was it's usual busy self for a weekend. Animals in their private little spaces cried out for food, attention, or just to make some noise and let everyone know they were there. People rushed too and fro. Feeding and cleaning, filling out the days paperwork. Trying to give the assorted critters whatever they needed to get through the day, and maybe, just maybe get adopted. It was in this environment of adorable organised chaos that Wild Bull volunteered. Quite understandable really. They were rather cute animals. Though that was not the thing that made this day more interesting.

What made it interesting was the man who'd just appeared out of nowhere in the middle of the corridor.

Tock glanced around, sniffed once, and caught sight of Isabelle. His eye brows raised in mock surprise. "Well I never...!"

He sauntered over, looking at the brawler with a hardly suppressed chuckle.

"My my my, if it isn't big bad Wild Bull herself! Pampering Pomeranians!" He picks up a passing pooch and gives it an affectionate scratch under the chin. "And before you think about throwing down, I would remind you that you're surrounded by puppies, and pussies, and that one platypus. The poor animals would undoubtedly get caught in the cross fire." Tock gives the dog a big cuddle, his eyes laughing. "Seriously though, these guys are super cute. But I'm not here to make fun of you."

He snapped his fingers and a package appears in his hands.

"Christie asked me to give this to you. No idea what's in it. But she called in a favour to get it to you. Lucky you." He hands it over, and returns his hand to giving scritches to the puppy.

"While I've got you here, I've got a little deal for you. I'll not speak a word of this to anyone. But you've got to answer a question for me. Whatever happened that time that your powers got sucked out of you and you had to work with that kid (Tabbie? Toby? Tony? Whatever his name is) to stop something bigger and nastier then you to get them back?

I know how weird this looks. Yesterday, I was smashing up faces, breaking bones, and kicking some serious rear end. Today? Today I'm feeding starving cats, nursing sick puppies, and cuddling bunnies. They didn't ask for this. They were abandoned, and left to die out there in a cold, uncaring world. They're not like us. They're not selfish, self-serving assholes. Okay, maybe some of them are, especially cats, but they're not selfish in the same way we are. All they want is a roof over their heads, a place to sleep, a good meal, and a person to care for them. That's all. The people I hurt? They've made their decision. They can cry and whine about how they "didn't have a choice," but that's a whole bunch of horseshit. You've always had a choice. You just hosed up.

I snap my head to the voice calling out for me, and when I see who it is, I give the person in question a threatening glare, "And if it ain't the smug prick himself, Tock. What the hell do you want?" I growl. He's lucky we're in the shelter. If this was literally any other place, there'd be a Tock-shaped hole in the wall right now.

"Christie sent ya, huh?" Dangit Christie! How many times have I told ya the shelter is not the place to have people meet with me!? This is supposed to be the place where I unwind! I swear, that frickin' girl...

I open up the package, and find a single USB stick inside. Huh, wonder why she didn't give me this herself? Whatever's in it has to be pretty important if she called in a favor to get it to me like this. I'll check it out later, after I'm done with my current "problem."

"I gotta take the dogs out for a walk today. Come on, I'll tell ya outside."

I take Tock with me to the nearest park, as well as several dogs, too. I hold onto their leashes with one hand, which is no problem for someone as strong as I am. I'm quiet for most of the walk, until I finally say, "...You remember Hollow, the Young Knight guy who can absorb powers with a touch? I ran into him during a bank job. He got the jump on me, and managed to absorb my powers," I pause, and adjust my incognito-cap with my free hand (You'd be surprised at how many people don't recognize you when you put on a heavy jacket and a cap), "Thing is, he didn't just absorb my powers. He absorbed the flames themselves into his body, taking what was mine, and leaving me," I grit my teeth, "Weak," I spit out those words as if they were poison.

"Now, you need to be a pretty big badass, like me, to control the dark flames, and Hollow? He isn't even near the same level of badassness as me. The flames consumed him, took over his whole body, and turned him into this giant, rampaging fire demon thing. Apparently he became some fragment of some kinda ancient demon or whatever, but I didn't care. All I cared about at the time was taking back what was rightfully mine, and the only person who was capable of helping me get them back was, ugh, Toby," I sneer, "Toby didn't want to, at first, but it was Mr. Mystic of all people, you know, the guy who's trust I betrayed, who convinced him to help me. See, apparently I'm the only one who's ever managed to successful control the flames, because, once again," I point to myself, and flex my biceps to show off my muscles, "Giant.Badass."

"Mr. Mystic would rather deal with a super-powered angry bull than a potential world-ending demon, so, long story short, Toby used his mystical mumbo-jumbo thing to link me to the demon, I used my sheer awesome will to take back what was mine, and thanked Toby by giving him a wedgie, and everybody lived happily ever after. The end. Okay, except for Hollow, I guess. He's a little messed up after the whole incident, but you know what they say about playing with fire!"

"There. Now ya know, are ya satisfied?" I turn my head to look at him, clearly unhappy about relieving the whole experience, "And now that I've answered your question, you get to answer mine. Fair's fair, right? I heard ya found some big secret about the Knights during your undercover days. What did you find, and why haven't you told anyone about it yet? And, while I'm still asking questions, What the heck is this deal you got for me?"

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Mar 5, 2017

• Locked thread