Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
The initial craze died off, I suppose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Have they gotten anywhere with fixing the netcode performance issues?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

So have there been regular patches , and have they fixed many of the issues ?

Also how quickly is content supposed to be added

I bought in day 1 , noticed it was still very alpha stage so decided to give it a few good patches to improve

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
It's gotten quite a bit less janky for me, I can even play on 200 ping servers normally now. Also poo poo gets randomly stuck less, though relogs are still fairly frequent when moving from ship airlock to base airlock.

The new content for now is better and more consistent control settings. They seem to be getting out about 1 patch per week.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Sappo569 posted:

So have there been regular patches , and have they fixed many of the issues ?

Also how quickly is content supposed to be added

I bought in day 1 , noticed it was still very alpha stage so decided to give it a few good patches to improve

0.2 is bringing sataball
current version is 0.1.9 so i guess 0.2 will be dropping in next week Thursday

https://www.playhellion.com/blog/devblog-14-shooting-hoops-in-space
https://www.playhellion.com/forum/discussion/550/story-behind-the-0-2-0-content-update

The game is still clearly in EA, the basics are fun but it lacks variety currently.
theres only 1 gun. and several modules lack their purposes. (haventh found assault railgun ammo yet)
hangar module doesnt have ship that can land inside it yet.
you cant haul cargo container modules because those can only dock at hangar module.
theres no mining ships in the game yet. but its fairly easy to just steal ships instead. Especially now that you can spawn in stations without losing your starting base.
Ship combat aint in the game yet either.
same with station damage.
And navigation is still something dev's are unhappy with and are looking to remake in the future.

Even with all of that I find the basics fun, I just hope that dev's can turn it into finished product.

• Locked thread