Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Yeah, production has definitely gotten increasingly persistent about hammering home the theme later into the game over time, which is Not Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
They probably feel like they have to since they don't go to new locations anymore as well as running out of different names for the same places.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think there's probably validity to that. Its an easy way to brand the seasons and sell them as "different" now that the settings and conditions never really change and that whole aspect of the show is kind of dead.

I honestly don't get why everyone gets so worked up about it. How have we watched 34 seasons and not learned to just roll our eyes at Jeff?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
One day we'll get Action Jeff again

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I always enjoy the moment Jeff tries to hammer the theme into a conversation and you can tell the remaining survivors are too hungry and tired to give a poo poo anymore and they just no sell it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I honestly think waiting to see how long it takes for Jeff to get mad that people aren't taking his poo poo seriously enough to be one of the subtle charms of Survivor.

I love it when the Survivors piss Jeff off with their disrespect. It makes me sad Jenn will never be back.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
One of the things I've heard listening to various podcasts is that if Jeff tries to throw something at you, be it the forced theme, or a particularly probing question, you might as well give him something he can use, because Jeff is fed and well-rested and prepared to force this point all night. Are you prepared to resist him? No, no you are not.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

STAC Goat posted:

I honestly think waiting to see how long it takes for Jeff to get mad that people aren't taking his poo poo seriously enough to be one of the subtle charms of Survivor.

I love it when the Survivors piss Jeff off with their disrespect. It makes me sad Jenn will never be back.

Remember when everyone just burned those idol clues right in front of his face? Truly the only good thing that redemption island has ever given us.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Australian Survivor Season 4 Episode 20: Apparently I don't know jack-all about winner edits, because I was really sure that the person voted out was getting a winner edit for like the last 10 episodes. The players are really killing it this season, it's been crazy.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Should there be a separate thread for Aus Survivor as the two shows are gonna be running concurrently for a bit? And because Aus Survivor is so drat good?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

There's not many weeks left of it, about 2? We could keep it in this thread when it gets abandoned for the new US season.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Survivor Charades needs to be in every season.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Can anyone shoot me a PM where I can watch Aussie Survivor? I had a dailymotion that was posting it but they only posted thru like episode 5 and I'd like to watch the rest.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Bring back Dave Ball
Making loves' my sport.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

SweetJahasus posted:

Can anyone shoot me a PM where I can watch Aussie Survivor? I had a dailymotion that was posting it but they only posted thru like episode 5 and I'd like to watch the rest.

Sent. Definitely worth a watch.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Fast Luck posted:

Should there be a separate thread for Aus Survivor as the two shows are gonna be running concurrently for a bit? And because Aus Survivor is so drat good?

We should probably just make a new thread for the new US season and let the aus survivor keep this thread going? The new season starts Wednesday and nobody cares about it enough to make a thread lol.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Teek posted:

Sent. Definitely worth a watch.

Thank you!! Yeah the first few episodes were great and I could see how it could take off. My source just stopped posting, then BB got terrible and I steered away from tv for a bit. Now I'm back baby!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

We should probably just make a new thread for the new US season and let the aus survivor keep this thread going? The new season starts Wednesday and nobody cares about it enough to make a thread lol.

Whoever makes the new thread, there are a lot of great new potential Jeff gifs for the OP:

https://twitter.com/DaltonRoss/status/905589792129388544

https://twitter.com/survivorcbs/status/912028875110072320

https://twitter.com/survivorcbs/status/912391261776093185

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Alright, I took the time to do it.

New Survivor thread up!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3835530

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

okay well I haven't seen e21 of Aus Survivor yet but through e20 here's some thoughts I wanna type out!

Rough seeing Tessa and Sarah go out back-to-back, both of whom would've been great winners. I think Tessa just became a bit too bossy and blunt. And I can't really see someone as erratic as Luke making it to the end, so I guess that makes Jericho my best hope for a super good winner. Sarah was really amazing though, and I think my favorite moment of the season was after she went into that premerge face off against Luke. She stuck to her guns on it (smart I think because surely Odette would flip to her and Pete in a tie), but Pete screwed her and mutinied. Yet she came back and somehow she and Luke squashed the beef, they shockingly and thankfully took out Odette, and went forward long-term together. You rarely see something like that! Of course I think partly that was to Jericho's credit because he wanted to keep that group together so badly, but anyway...

Looking back at all the poo poo going down back around that tribal, I remember it started with Luke concocting his plan to take out Sarah, and since he knew Jericho was tight with Sarah, he was trying to orchestrate it behind the back of Jericho, his own closest ally. That didn't end up happening, but then we see him do the same thing on the Tessa vote off, which was done behind Michelle's back, and how badly that went over. I wonder if Jericho would've been more accepting of being left out of the loop, but Michelle obviously was not happy about it. That 3-2-2-2 vote was something like I've never seen before, that was just bonkers they pulled that off, but it was probably not a good game move, for obvious reasons... such as 3 being a minority in the resulting 8?? And also, if Ziggy hadn't voted on Locky, Sarah might have even gone out in a tiebreaker there.

Anyway, Sarah was a great liar but when she burned Michelle I think it just became too apparent how good a liar she was, and she had too few faithful allies left. Another side effect of the game being 50 or whatever days long, she just got found out. I think Sarah proactively targeting Michelle at the KFC feast was actually a good move, since Sarah was so out on her, but we saw Locky and Ziggy assumed the offer to be bullshit and went with the more straightforward Michelle instead and the jig was up. I did love how Luke and Jericho saw the writing on the wall and said basically "well thanks for taking all the heat for that Tessa vote off, not gonna save the drowning cat." Luke is some of the best casting of all time on any Survivor.

Concluding thoughts: It's interesting nobody at all seems to see Michelle as a threat when she's clearly well-spoken and making moves. I think it stems from her being a chatterbox and lazy around camp. People just sort of dismiss her but she's dangerous. I've thought Ziggy was flip flopping really smoothly toward power so far but that idol play was a real headscratcher, how do you miss the glaringly obvious showdown between Michelle and Sarah?? A bit concerned how powerful Zig/Locky/Tara/Pete are becoming but the preview for e21 gives me hope...

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Australian Survivor Finale! They copied the finale structure of US this season, we got Action Jonathan as he traveled back to Australia for the live show. Happy with the winner, though I think I was rooting for different players these last few weeks. The winner really shouldn't have made it past final four though, bad move by the runner up.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Teek posted:

Australian Survivor Finale! They copied the finale structure of US this season, we got Action Jonathan as he traveled back to Australia for the live show. Happy with the winner, though I think I was rooting for different players these last few weeks. The winner really shouldn't have made it past final four though, bad move by the runner up.

But if Jericho was voted out, then we'd probably see a Peter/Tara F2, which would be pretty depressing to watch. But Tara would likely have won then in that scenario, so yeah, bad play.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Aus Survivor
I feel like they must have edited out any talk about Tara literally already being voted out in order to allow for some suspense about the outcome, but then again, people actually did seem to respect her. 3 votes! And meanwhile everyone just saw Peter, who hadn't been voted out previously, as a goat. With how deep Peter got in the game, he must have been a huge zero personality-wise for them to show so little of his character all season. That plus his own cast's assessment makes me think he really did suck in some way that's sort of hard to pin down, because he usually seemed to be talking sense when he was shown.

This season started off super amazing and was amazing early merge, then kind of lost steam toward the end, but had a satisfying winner, in my opinion.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
An article that discusses just how thin this season of Survivor has been.

A great image courtesy of reddit (via the article):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Pretty brutal way for Survivor Australia to do the final challenge at night and making them get completely soaked by the waves.

• Locked thread