Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I like that change if it's coupled with fewer idols. Fewer, higher impact idols seems like a good thing for the game. Have them all have the drama of Wentworth's idol play, rather than mostly serving as individual immunity for one of the members of the minority alliance.

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Mar 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

gabon

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

But, yeah, that seemed mostly like not Sandra, but Caleb/Malcolm/Varner/Michaela deciding who went home, with the hopes of bringing in Aubry for the next vote.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

DutchDupe posted:

That's pretty specific lol. You're assigning way too much intelligence to that group of players. The most plausible scenario: Sandra gathered that group of five and the minority four panicked and voted how they thought would save them. Hence Sandra getting no votes.

We know Malcolm/Caleb have to have been somewhat in the driver's seat, because they would've had to go back to Tony and told him "Sandra isn't happening, but we can do Aubry" with the intent of weakening Tony by having his closest ally eat it if there was an idol play.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:allears:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Sierra leaning over and giving Malcolm a kiss as the votes are being read was so loving rude it's amazing.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Please do not ruin a perfectly good narrative with "what actually happened".

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

And, of course, at least Savage made it to the jury.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

its me glenda posted:

the right move would have still been for sandra tribe to just cut hali and not fill jt in on it. jt winds up splitting his own vote, it goes 5-5, malcolm and hali dont vote, thats when you tell jt we're cutting hali. cuts a number from brad tribe thats just a swing vote that ain't helping the sandra tribe anyway. see: matt elrod and boston rob

They removed the revote this season. A tie goes directly to rocks.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Varner low-key did some great work making JT feel comfortable this ep, it was really understated but impressive.

Like, beyond the obvious agreeing with JT at TC, he lets out an unsympathetic "whoa" when Michaela talks about "JT running poo poo all the time", and then makes sure to catch JT's eye to give him a "get a load of this bullshit!" laugh.

It's good survivoring.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

there's no tribe named tavau on survivor :ssh:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:rip:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Capsaicin posted:

Does anyone have the "Next Time...." for the episode before the JT letter from HVV?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ5lW0mkocs

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

GuavaMoment posted:

Holy poo poo yes, I've been wanting to see that again for so long! Though I assume it'll get taken down soon considering you just uploaded it?

I don't think CBS is very aggressive in taking down clips from old season? Like, you can find entire TCs that have been up for years. I think mostly probably people haven't bothered uploading the promos.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

blue squares posted:

Why Sarah? She seems barely there

As a cop, she knows how to go undercover and make herself inconspicuous.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I like, understand where Sarah was coming from, but maybe save the "Zeke's outing makes me realise how tolerant I am" takes for later.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Celery Jello posted:

Gabon, Redemption Island (I personally liked it, but I'm in the minority on that), South Pacific, and Fiji come to mind.

Gabon is top 10 though :confused:

It's a weird season, but the cast is all very memorable, the plot lines pay off in a big way, I'm super into it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lmao zeke you dummy

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

also: what is up with everybody deciding to make a Move at 12

do it at 13!!!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Maybe producers should hide immunity idols in the gut of random fish in the ocean.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the truth posted:

What if... Varner did what he did but then played an immunity idol

thexerox123 posted:

I think that's partially why Jeff basically skipped the vote.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm sure Jeff knows who has the idols. If anything, it would've been done that way to keep someone else from trying to do something slick.

I mean, Varner consented to it. He wouldn't if he had an idol.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

SteveVizsla posted:

Joe legitimately has the worst Instagram account ever. It's a mix of terrible "inspirational" quotes from questionable people (I know I always get my advice from alleged rapists, don't you??), photos of him with his tongue hanging out, things that could be viewed as racist, and ridiculous anti-Hillary / pro-Trump memes and posts.

oh man i didn't know that about him

lol
https://twitter.com/Janglim21/status/788482084943704064

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

zeke's vote face is so happy :3:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

get hosed zeke

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

It's interesting to note that Sarah actually knew for a fact that Zeke's plan was to vote out Andrea in the very next vote. So she knew also that Andrea was completely correct to want to take him out. She probably ultimately did it for Cirie's sake though, since she seems to be so close to Cirie.

Sooner or later the minority is gonna start busting out all these idols and other bullshit and the majority will start taking losses even if they don't flip.

I wonder if Zeke will admit in his exit interviews that his move against Andrea was bad and he lost his mind

answer's no

quote:

ZEKE SMITH: I want to zoom out a little more because I was not playing the same game that everyone else was playing. After what went down with Varner, I had no shot to win. I knew that. I knew that nobody wanted to take me anywhere near the end and that wasn’t a secret. I was the decoy vote against Hali and I knew it and I knew the reason why. You heard it in that episode that I had a compelling story. People were unwilling to get me deep into the game because people weren’t willing to sit next to me. So I didn’t just make that move against Andrea out of nowhere.

So I went to my closest two allies — Sarah, who I think was truly a close ally, and Debbie, who I incorrectly calculated as a close ally — and said, “Let’s make a move against Cirie and Andrea.” And I think Ozzy is also someone you can incorporate in that group. I said Cirie and Andrea and was directed towards Andrea and said “great,” and went about to make that move happen. And then clearly it imploded. You can say I made a move too early against Andrea, but what I also knew and what was true is that Cirie and Andrea did not have the numbers. I didn’t vote for Ozzy and that group was still able to vote Ozzy out. So it was a bit of a social gaffe, but it didn’t really change my position in the game. I was still going to go when I went. I was just trying to vote with the majority and I correctly identified the majority. They just didn’t decide to include me in the vote.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/04/survivor-zeke-smith-game-changers-cbs-transgender/

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

sorry max i'm posting it this week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSeaHxM1V-Q

number 1: new hair
number 2: during the schoolyard pick for the reward, Zeke was a captain and he picked Brad over Michaela and that made her :raise:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think "make your alliance members feel comfortable" is a goal that dominates "win the reward" in a schoolyard pick.

Like, schoolyard picks are just mini-coconut chop challenges, in a sense.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

I do sometimes wish the show would adopt the Genius model of revealing things, like a player pulling out an idol and then rewinding to that moment. I know it's a formula at this point but it usually leaves no room for surprise.

Cold open: "I wanna give individual immunity to Natalie"/"Thirteenth person voted out and the sixth member of our jury: Erik"

Flash to: *72 hours earlier*

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

What kind of internet access are you working off? It takes like 30 seconds to d/l a podcast so you could easily have the Reality RHAPups on your phone and then only d/l the ep you want just before you leave the house, and it'll be done downloading before you pick up your keys and get out the door..

Frictionless: Subscribe to a feed once, the episodes you want download automatically and you listen to them when you want.

Friction: Subscribe to a feed, the episodes you want, along with a bunch of episodes you don't, download automatically, and you listen to those you want, but you also have to manually delete a bunch you don't.

Fiction: Don't subscribe to a feed, but you have to remember to manually download the episodes you want.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"that's where the bathroom is"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

they keep
letting the guys stick around :geno:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Troyzan: is here, i guess.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

man voting out michaela puts brad in such a good position

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

is brad the outright favourite to win rn?????

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Aubrey?
Really?

Tai's been working with Aubrey. He's cutting off his connection to the women.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tai:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

this is bullshit

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

it loving sucked!!! Cirie shouldn't be going home with 0 votes on her. I mean i agree they interpreted the rules correctly but that doesn't make it right. There were simply too many idols and immunities in the game, and it hosed this TC up even more than the last one got hosed up by the untransferable vote steal that they nevertheless let Sarah give to Cirie. This is the first time that Survivor throwing a lot of twists into the game clearly went way too far and hosed up the outcome of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

TaiSurvivor:

• Locked thread