Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
sandra 4 lyfe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

curiousCat posted:

Malcolm and Aubry both said if they're on the jury, and Sandra's in the finals, she's got their votes.

Let this happen.

I actually hate this a lot. Let this game dictate itself.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

thexerox123 posted:

You'd rather they pretend they're not aware that there's a two-time winner in their midst? Get real.

It's still letting the game dictate itself, because any route that a two-time winner takes to the end would be well-earned.

I'm not going to say that I'm being realistic at all, people are well aware of the histories of pretty much everybody else in the game (not sure if this was filmed before Zeke/Michaela's season had aired but I think it had) and it will shape the game regardless of pre-game alliances or anything like that. But arbitrarily saying that you would vote in one way if one thing happens before any events of the game have actually happened is an absolute I can't really get behind.

Granted those interviews probably occurred after the game had actually happened, but if it was the sentiment they went in with, that's lovely.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Candace is a huge idiot and one of the worst survivors of all time

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Guatemala.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Lone Goat posted:

Brad Culpepper saw the goats and instinctively thought What Would Monica Do?

Supremely underappreciated post.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Feels a bit like Tony showed up knowing his reputation and felt like he had to play to the cameras a bit. The shrieking and running off to "find an idol" and the need to make a better spy shack just seemed like he felt there were expectations on him that he had to match or surpass rather than just playing an actual game of Survivor.

Or, he recognized that he didn't really have a chance due to the immense target on his back coming in and just wanted to have fun. Either way he's harmless and still seems like a good guy.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I really enjoyed that even with all of Debbie's crazy, she saw through Cirie like she was made of glass.

Same with Cirie seeing through Tai.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Fast Luck posted:

To be fair Tai was doing everything he possibly could to tell her without telling her.

Hmm, I didn't get that impression at all. But I don't think we got to see very much of the overall workings of blue tribe so the alignments there might be way lost on me.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
bowling on Wednesdays :(

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I love that after all the discussion at camp, they still decided to target Sierra, Sandra's suggestion. Queen.

That was brutal and sad and I feel so bad for Malcolm.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I forgot Andrea was even on this season until she crushed Varner's heart and balls

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
confirmed dateable

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Fast Luck posted:

I do like Sandra this season. I don't think playing an UTR game was possible for her this season. I mean, how do you stay UTR when you're a two-time winner, you can't. So just go hard, run the alliance, and see how far it gets you. Maybe it works or maybe it doesn't but at least your detractors can't say you never do anything and are boring or whatever. Plus with her cocky behavior she's almost like playing a character, and while a lot of viewers might not like how arrogant she is, in hindsight she'll be a really good villain for however long she lasts. Hopefully she lasts a little while, if she goes out too soon she'll be more forgettable I guess.

It cracks me up how many times they've shown somebody saying Sandra is playing "the same game she always does" because she very blatantly is not playing the same game at all

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
by my count, that was Sandra's 30th tribal council across 3 seasons. She has received 5 votes against her total and 4 of them were just for other people in final tribals.

gently caress you, HvV Sad Sack Colby.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Propaganda Machine posted:

I'm taking a lazy Sunday and rewatching early Australia episodes to try and get a handle on Varner, and oh my goodness. He was a cutie back in the day :3:

This aired when I was 14, and I don't think I've seen it since. Who knew Elisabeth Filarski would become so much?

I don't think I've watched it since it aired either, it'd be a good refresher. It was my first season and hooked me immediately. Elisabeth made for a good TV beard for 15 year old me while I secretly pined for Nick.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
his neighbor's puppy was making too much noise, so he shot it with a bow and arrow.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:smith:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm really, really proud of how every single other person on the tribe reacted to Varner. :kimchi: They all had such explosive and visceral reactions IMMEDIATELY and you could tell it didn't have anything to do with the game.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I feel like if you pay attention to the post-show stuff there's always a couple of Survivors who spent like a week in the hospital on IVs. Some of that's probably just dehydration and malnourishment but I've definitely heard some of them talk about bad parasites and poo poo and that they were messed up for awhile.

Yeah, wasn't Tony off work for like a month after Cagayan with Parasitic Armageddon or something?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Zeke is very bad at survivor.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Propaganda Machine posted:

It's the back to back season thing, he's still essentially a first time superfan nerding out. I think if he took a few years to process things and chill out he could be dangerous.

I hope so, and I think I agree. It's just amazing to see him making mostly the same mistake in back-to-back seasons, especially if he is a superfan and should've seen how personal relationships (like his with Andrea) bleed so heavily into all-star seasons.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

gif Probst posted:

Awful Survivor Signups now open!

Join in a quest for one hundred twenty five dolar. See if you are as good at the game as you think you are.

you should probably do this if you are available, it is very fun

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I missed the part where they said title and thought they meant the best episode in general. The episode with Brandon getting kicked off was good TV and Reynold's ability to toss small objects was also good.

Skimming the episode list I'm No Dummy from One World looks solid.

Jeff, can you throw your hands up and say Fans Win Immunity?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm really looking forward to the final 6 tribal council where somebody is voted out 6-0 after their vote is stolen and every other person is immune due to regular immunity, three hidden idols, and the legacy advantage being played.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Sierra seems cool and good and fun to be around. Really everybody left does though, it's a good cast.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Previously on ....

SURVIVOR!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Didn't the same thing happen the last time they ran this challenge?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I wonder if it was intentional having Jeff talk about the game evolving over time?

almost like the GAME....is CHANGING...............

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
ah, the old "piss off everybody in the game" strategy

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Wow, first try. Lotta time left for drama

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Just realized that there have now been more Survivor seasons in HD than not. Time sure does fly.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Fast Luck posted:

You can't really force a move through that your allies won't agree to, but voting Zeke out here is absolutely the right move.

I dunno man. Like they don't know about the vote steal, but Debbie's already shown a doublevote and surely they know there are a ton of idols floating around. Having a one-person advantage isn't great right now.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Fast Luck posted:

One person advantage SUCKS, I agree with you guys fully on this almost every other time, but Zeke isn't a normal ally. He went at them once and is already itching to defect to Brad and gently caress with them again.

Yeah, but they only have the advantage right now because of a defection :v:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
OH BOY

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:stare:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Fast Luck posted:

wow Sarah and Michaela both voted for Zeke against their will. Sierra and Brad and Troy knifed Tai for no purpose. Meanwhile Tai voted Sierra with Zeke

Yeah I'd like to know more about the Sierra/Brad/Troy votes. I want to know what they thought was happening going into that vote, or if it was just a part of Zeke's "I can't tell you now but I will tell you next week"

though now that must seem pretty hilarious if they figured that whoever was going home was the victim of Zeke's Unspeakable Plan, and then the only non-Zeke, non-Tai votes were for Sierra

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Fast Luck posted:

I'm guessing the Zeke voters told the larger part of that alliance it was Tai and then told Tai and Zeke that it was Sierra.

Cirie seems to somehow be liked by everyone and way underneath everyone's radar which is amazing. She'd be a great bet to win if it weren't for the fact you can always vote her out one vote before FTC when you realize she has the jury on lock.

Cirie is the perfect bet for the person voted out when everybody else is immune due to individual immunity or hidden idols. Sarah will also steal her vote. Michaela will weep silently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Sarah's vote steal doesn't make her immune in that scenario so everyone becoming immune would result in no votes counting and a revote being had, with Sarah as the only legal choice.

Revotes are gone, it'd go to rocks but she'd be the only one to draw a rock

• Locked thread