Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bean mom

I'm the kind of person that thinks all day about genie wishes and what would be the most effective ones possible, without any real downside.

What I've come up with so far is

- I wish for good digestion.

There's nothing worse than a stomach ache or indigestion or bloating or worse. I would absolutely snap wish for perfect, efficient digestion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Zyla posted:

I'm the kind of person that thinks all day about genie wishes and what would be the most effective ones possible, without any real downside.

There's nothing worse than a stomach ache or indigestion or bloating or worse. I would absolutely snap wish for perfect, efficient digestion.

similarly but distinctly, I'm the kind of person who constantly thinks about ways that a dick genie would try to interpret a wish in a way that hosed me

in this case I strongly recommend you specify that you are the digester here, not the digestee

Disco Godfather

Manifisto posted:

similarly but distinctly, I'm the kind of person who constantly thinks about ways that a dick genie would try to interpret a wish in a way that hosed me

in this case I strongly recommend you specify that you are the digester here, not the digestee

do genies hose people? i thought they were grateful to be free.

wish: i dont want to be broke. not rich, just like $4 in my wallet

Rushi

by Smythe
kittens that don't grow up is the obvious choice???

maaaybe a puppy???

baby ducks might be cuter than kittens don't tell anyone

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I would wish for everyone I ever come in contact with, even if it's for a brief time and despite whatever they may be going through in their life, they are immediately beset with a sense of calm.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

1337kutkufan6969

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Every time you need a stopwatch but have to end up using a wall clock or an analog watch, the second hand is perfectly sweeping around to 12 exactly when you want it to.

Historical Wizards

I wish you were nicer to me >:(

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

Elusif

I wish for a subway gift card that will never run out.

Mariana Horchata

I just wanna fly :sg:

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
ok you guys, i got this poo poo all figured out

ok first of all i would wish that i had a better idea of what to wish for

then for my next two i guess the first wish would take care of it

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
mags

i wish that the dvd player screensaver always bounced in the corner

paul_soccer12 posted:

mags

i wish that i had the power to control the temperature of food, but only in varying degrees of confort/disconfort like making oatmeal room temp at will

paul_soccer12 posted:

Piso Mojado

i wish i was dead

mags

Piso Mojado posted:

i wish i was dead

good things come to those who wait

paul_soccer12 posted:

Manifisto

Piso Mojado posted:

i wish i was dead

wish granted I think, you were dead

or at least unalive

then you decided to take a walk on the wild side, or somebody decided for you

treasure bear

the power of sleep

alnilam

Splatmaster posted:

I would wish for everyone I ever come in contact with, even if it's for a brief time and despite whatever they may be going through in their life, they are immediately beset with a sense of calm.

Then one day you're in a desperate action movie type situation and you need one hero type person to just go absolutely apeshit but when u go up to them they're just like "hmmm hi :) think i actually might just chill out a lil :rznv:"

Robot Made of Meat

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Every time you need a stopwatch but have to end up using a wall clock or an analog watch, the second hand is perfectly sweeping around to 12 exactly when you want it to.

I worked in radio approximately forever ago, and I can definitely conirm that this would have been wonderful!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

BIRDCON 2017

mister magpie posted:

i wish that the dvd player screensaver always bounced in the corner

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I wish I could plug in my laptop and it would work immediately instead of fiddling with the plug until it works and then trying not to move too much.

vanisher

I don't think there's any real downside to wishing for a delicious stack of pancakes. The fluffy kind, with lots of butter and syrup.

MrWillsauce

if i was a genie I would make it like a 100 ton stack of pancakes that crushes you to death.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

A nice donut every once in a while?

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

alnilam posted:

Then one day you're in a desperate action movie type situation and you need one hero type person to just go absolutely apeshit but when u go up to them they're just like "hmmm hi :) think i actually might just chill out a lil :rznv:"

Thanks for using your wish for me to be in a movie one day! I'll hook you up with some cool cameo parts in my future movies. What kind of limo do you think we should rent for my premier opening party? We'll have to send out invitations for our fellow Yobbers, too because it wouldn't be a party without the rest of you guys.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I could give my whole kingdom for a horse right now. *genie appears with an impish grin on his face*

Soho Joe

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
i don't want to remembered for my miserable fate via grandiose demands from a powerful demon skilled in word-play so

genie, i wish to know what vitamin I lack when my feet vary rarely seize up and hurt when i extend them

Beachcomber

Another day in paradise.

1. Always get the USB in the first try.

2. Gain ability to forget specific books you've read. (So you can read them again for the first time)

3. Become able to see the stars at night as if there's no light pollution and no clouds.

Malah

Beachcomber posted:

1. Always get the USB in the first try.
Flawless. :golfclap:

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Zyla posted:

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

First wish, I wish for a lawyer specializing in genie law

Second, I wish for eternal happiness, but make sure my lawyer gets rid of all the caveats and potential pitfalls

Third, I wish for my genie lawyer to be set free

nobodygetshurt

i wish that pulling my peepee out at urinals wasn't so goddamn strenuous getting it through the boxer-briefs, then through the thermal underwear, then above the waistline of my sweatpants, then through the diaper, and finally through my corduroys. jesus christ.

nobodygetshurt

and none of them have fly holes, i just have to push through until i tear through each one of em

Historical Wizards

"Man, I wish I knew what time it was." I muttered to myself. "Wish granted!" boomed a djinn as it appeared before me. The djinn leaned in and whispered in my ear "It's Miller time."
And now I am stuck in a hellish existence comprised solely of crumby beer

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Zyla posted:

that would be my first wish

if i had good digestion i wouldnt hate myself nearly so much

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Historical Wizards posted:

"Man, I wish I knew what time it was." I muttered to myself. "Wish granted!" boomed a djinn as it appeared before me. The djinn leaned in and whispered in my ear "It's Miller time."
And now I am stuck in a hellish existence comprised solely of crumby beer

lol its always miller time if your names miller

vanisher

MrWillsauce posted:

if i was a genie I would make it like a 100 ton stack of pancakes that crushes you to death.

This was how I wanted to go anyway, so the jokes on you genie

Rushi

by Smythe
to not forget my keys every time i left the house

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

would good digestion include less diarrhea/constipation? that would make life much better

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
A cat that listens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Mariana Horchata posted:

I just wanna fly :sg:

(Side effects include hugs from babies, world travel, and crumbling statues)

• Locked thread