Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

I tried to use a bitcoin atm once and then it asked for my ID and I thought, whats the point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

with bitcoins you can find and buy those more exotic drugs you might not be able to find in your part of the world. This is about the only social good thats come out of bitcoin

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Buy bitcoins to buy drugs on the internet. The constantly inflating price of bitcoin means you can effectively purchase drugs for free (or for the lost opportunity of cashing out if you're a square).

Also if you think the price of bitcoins is going bad, you can even convert it all to drugs, then sell the drugs to buy the floor after it drops.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Like I said earlier in this thread, if the price looks like its dropping you can convert it all to drugs and buy up after the drop.

PS. How do I warehouse drugs that may or may not exist in another country? This guy a friend told me about on reddit said he could do it but he wont respond to emails anymore, any ideas?

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Real talk here are my honest and true irl opinions:

I think that one company that's using blockchains to manage a cloud storage platform where your data is encrypted, broken into chunks, and stored wherever or in any pattern that is the very cheapest at that moment and passes those savings to the customer might do pretty good in the low value-very large data storage market. Last I checked their fees were something like 1/8th of AWS.

Everything else I've seen, even 'smart contracts' seems real speculative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

I don't really care what kind of blockchain voodoo economics Sia's doing, but I'm only paying a fraction what I would be paying Amazon to store massive amounts of slightly better than worthless data using it so that's something.

• Locked thread