Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Paladinus posted:

CARL MARK FORCE IV.

That saga is like a real life Archer episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

I'm getting in on the ground floor of mercury coin

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

RabbitWizard posted:

And no one will care anyway if you suddenly get a 50.000$ transaction to your bank account

50 bucks is a lot more than people had after the major and trusted exchanges got "hacked" and all balances disappeared

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Ham Sandwiches posted:

something completely new and without any existing stakeholders and offers something different than existing currencies.

Lol, maybe back when cpu mining was a thing

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Ham Sandwiches posted:

You mean when goons were telling everyone it was a scam and to stay away?

I stand by my laffs. Just because someone could have potentially dodged multiple minefields while hitting the lottery doesn't mean it was a sane plan at all.

Also, you're just talking about theoretical gains. If you got in at 3, you would have sold at 12. In at 100, sold at 50. In at 800, stolen by an exchange

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Who gives a poo poo if these berries are poisonous?! Look all around you, there are tons of humans still alive. Even a couple of the thousands that ate from this plant survived, so that means I'll thrive!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Ha, doge's growth is funny to see since I remember a post on a different forum offering to sell blocks of a million for $13 back when it was new. Apparently that's worth about 3k now if you could actually get the money out. Long live this generation's meme-techno-beanie-babies, and more power to you if you actually made a profit on them but lol at the thought of treating it as an actual investment

Any butt stuff going on? Recent/upcoming halvings, infighting about protocol stuff, size and growth of the chain files, etc

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

You could use to hold proof that content with a certain hash was stored at a particular time, but lol at using anything remotely like a chain to handle the actual storage

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Damned goons telling me to not short bitcoin and it drops 30% literally the next day!!!!! :argh:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

$10k reward if you can get my 15 bitcoins back

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6id1ut/10k_reward_if_you_can_get_my_15_bitcoins_back/

The top comment:

Currency of the futuuuuuuuuuuuuure

If you do a bunch of work to take 15 coins from someone, I'll give you 5! Surely you wouldn't keep them for yourself

I hope that the price plummets, someone gives him 15 coins worth a ton less, then takes him to court for mail fraud if he won't pay out the 10k in AcutuaMoney

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

You think that transaction ids should be able to uniquely identify transactions? That sounds like statist talk to me

For those who don't know, the transaction id is made of a couple numbers that are concatenated, something like the sender id, receiver id, and a timestamp.

The fun part is that the protocol didn't specify what order the numbers go to form the id, so someone could search for sender.receiver.time but not find it because it was published as receiver.time.sender

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

You guys keep telling me not to put my retirement find into lotto tickets, but look -- there's a winner like one a week!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Because 0.13371488 is 8 figures of bitcoin

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Tell me about it, pricing it in fiat instead of satoshis

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Why would banks ever launch their own crypto coin? Having a central entity literally defeats the entire purpose. You may as well "invest" in a store's gift cards, since that would be the exact same

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

This is a lot of words and too many posts for a bunch of nothing. Somebody pm me when my_crimes (Copy 1).rtf drops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

The amount of money you can trade pogs for has absolutely no bearing on the things that make it technically, objectively bad.

If you make 3000x profit I'll say good for you and laugh at btc. If you lose it all, I'll say sorry for your loss and laugh at btc

• Locked thread