Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I bought part of a bitcoin on May 29th . It's worth $651 more than I paid as of right now. Chump change but it's still a decent profit. Should probably sell it

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jun 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Coinbase

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He said not to sell and it immediately dropped and continued down about $150. It's volatile in that range obviously and it's back up around where it started.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

You fuckers just don't want me to be rich, but I ain't listening!!! BTC bitch!

Ethereum is up $12, we'll be millionaires soon

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm up ~$800 on my crypto currency purchases I made starting May 29th. If I'm not robbed or my bank account isn't closed.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Im almost 100 dollars in profit on the Bitcoins*! To the moon!

* before electricity costs

I'm at a little over 1K profit in two weeks. Getting an itchy sell finger

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Never sell, never surrender! Bitcoin retirement here I come !

Ethereum has been doing work this week

maskenfreiheit posted:

you can't really turn bitcoins back into fiat, but you can buy a bunch of drugs and sell those for fiat

The last time I dealt with coinbase I didn't have problems selling bitcoins and having the proceeds deposited in my bank account. Hopefully nothing has changed.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
No, but that was a few years ago. Not seeing anything about providing tax returns to sell in their faq.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Although Coinbase cannot provide legal or tax advice, the IRS recently released guidelines for how to report taxes relating to digital currency activity. You can read them on the official IRS.gov website here: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/n-14-21.pdf
Coinbase does however provide a specialized Cost Basis for Taxes report which will help with filing your taxes

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
They required pictures of my driver's license to buy. They have access to one of my bank accounts for purchases and deposits. They're not anonymous at all.

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sentient Data posted:

Damned goons telling me to not short bitcoin and it drops 30% literally the next day!!!!! :argh:

That was quite a drop. Still in the black though.

• Locked thread