Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting
$20 of BTC always buys the same amount specialty philately accessories despite what the "market" of being a middle man of a currency that only has use with steam games and the underworld would suggest, so who gives a gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting
The Bitcoin market is literally just a reflection of the drug market. I bet if you told a bunch of Xanax riddled bar babies they could let their computer do a little bit of a central banks work and it would earn them pennies, they would because they are the lazy, addictive and impulsive demographic this poo poo markets to.

Peace :2bong:

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting

Stealthgerbil posted:

God job actually cashing out into something useful. Someone could have millions of tokens of a cryptocurrency but none of it matters if they cant trade their virtual tokens for actual real money.

But what if they were just going to spend that money on bunk acid and the arms trade?? Huh? Cuts out the middle man. Learn economics, kid

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting
funny idea: a crash cycle that Bitcoin doesn't recover from after a global clampdown on illegal transactions

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting

Ham Sandwitch posted:

Bitcoin is better than the US dollar.

If you want people to read your posts, you gotta ease them into claims like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting

Ham Sandwitch posted:

Want me to rub your back softly and whisper sweet nothings in your ear, or do you want the truth?

If I wanted to buy a meal with Bitcoin, I can't just walk to the store and do that, but I can do that with the USD

If I wanted to pay for my child's education, I couldn't do it with Bitcoin

If I wanted to liquidate my assets in Bitcoin to actually do the things you can't do with Bitcoin, it's a long, pain in the rear end process

• Locked thread