Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xlanciferionx
Apr 18, 2004
recovering suicide victim
You're poor because you make bad decisions. That's not the fault of any other goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xlanciferionx
Apr 18, 2004

Ham Sandwiches posted:

And I'm just wondering, now that 4 years later Bitcoin is $3000... who gives a poo poo whether that guy bought bitcoins himself or not, he called it correctly. Why was whether the guy who made the claim that it woudl go to $3000 also personally investing every spare dollar into Bitcoin... why would that change whether or not Bitcoin would reach $3000?

Whether or not that guy bought $0, $5, or $50,000 of bitcoin, it hit $3000 like he said it would 4 years ago. So why did it matter if that guy had all his money in bitcoins when he made that prediction?

Typically, people that actually believe something like this will actually do the smart thing, and make their money. When they aren't following their own advice, it's a sign that they were just spitballing random numbers, with little to no faith in it actually happening. It's more than likely this is a case of the latter. And, given your reluctance to actually come up with a number, it's likely you were in the same boat as everyone you're now claiming to be wrong. The only difference is that you want to act superior about others being wrong after the fact. You came here. You stated you're making money. Others are asking for the barest shred of evidence, which you could easily lie about, and nobody would care or notice. But, you choose to feign outrage over people wanting proof of what you said.

xlanciferionx
Apr 18, 2004
8 transactions a second is fine, for a few thousand people in a network where you're only looking at a few minutes, max, for any single transaction to process at a peak time of activity. This isn't scalable to a market of any considerable size, where you're looking at hours, or even days to process a transaction.

xlanciferionx
Apr 18, 2004

evilweasel posted:

also we have not even gotten around to noting how this currency of the future takes like thirty minutes minimum for the transaction to be secure

i'm just going to send my bitcoins to this store, pay an extortionate fee that is many times the fee for my visa, wait thirty to sixty minutes for it to get enough transactions, and walk out

currency of the future

I'll just have an escrow service hold onto that pack of Blackjack gum while the transaction processes. lol!

xlanciferionx
Apr 18, 2004
Ham Sandwiches, how many bitcoins do you have?

• Locked thread