Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Sadly the days of having to cash out Bitcoins via drugs are over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

a cyberpunk goose posted:

Who actually uses bitcoin for anything besides as high risk commodity? Or people cashing out ransom ware fees

Uh drugs?

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

gary oldmans diary posted:

do you even need to use an exchange to send a bitcoin from one wallet to another. cant you just do it yourself for free

That's not an exchange fee, it's the transaction fee that goes to the miner who mines the block in which your transaction is published. There are currently 66 blocks (11 hours) and growing, worth of pending transactions. The transactions with the highest fees get moved to the top of the list.

If you choose to pay no fee, it is unlikely your transaction will ever be processed.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I think I have like 0.4 bitcoins in the wallet.dat stashed somewhere on my NAS. I can't remember really. It's almost not worth hooking coinbase to my bank account and risk getting my account down for 0.4. Also, I don't have the half TB of hard disk space on my SSD to install the Bitcoin Core thing or whatever it is so I could transfer it to Coinbase.

Send the wallet.dat to me and I'll spend it on drugs for myself.

• Locked thread