Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The most satisfying ending to a film I have seen in a long time.

The entire theater was cheering and yelling every time someone loving bit it . This loving film builds tension so hard and for so long it that the theater spinning into a catharsis that had my heart racing even an hour afterwards. Goddamm 420/10

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

CelticPredator posted:

I'm jealous as hell of all these reactions. :(

Hearing :getout: every 30 seconds was a goddamn pleasure. There hasn't been something this good for audience participation since Snakes on a Plane.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Echo Chamber posted:

I want to put white Hillary supporters and white Bernie supporters in a room, ask them which group is more woke, and then back out and lock the door when they start arguing.

good name, good post

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

meanwhile, off screen, men in pointy hats are slowly and methodically killing everyone

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Echo Chamber posted:

I'm just wondering, are there any white liberals who make no pretense of "getting" this movie? Or they actually do get it, but are mad that the movie is specifically indicting them? Because, I honestly want to hate read that review.

I haven't been following the white conservative reaction to this movie too closely, figuring they'd mostly avoid it in the first place, but if they're put off by the unsympathetic portrayal of white liberals, it's another sign that the "divide" between liberal and conservative whites is quite superficial and often arbitrary. Conservatives are not only invested in tribalism, but the idea that white men are still dominating "the other tribe", even if they're the white men who'd vote for Obama for a third term.

you may benefit from reading transcripts of peele's interviews on the subject of this film and the "post-racial society" line

insofar as outlooks on the film from the right, the most hilarious is that of /pol/ and its alt-right siblings the rare chance it comes up. "lol <party> are the real racists" *gets back to concernposting and hand-wringing about brown people and islam.* Like, yes I get that this film looks at a more interesting subject than confederate flag waving hicks...but sweet Jesus, people.

there is not much of a pulse I have been able to find on the subject of this film in traditional compassionate conservative hangouts

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Mar 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Yeeeah I've been trying to untangle that one and keep coming back to the notion that guy is confusing :getout: with Jennifer Anniston's The Good Girl.

• Locked thread