Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Where do we begin? Here are some of my contenders:

Doogal (2006)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pasJfUdj_Ko

Doogal is what happens when you throw water on a grease fire. Evil film executives or whatever tried to take a mediocre British kids film and adapt it to be shown to American audiences in the wake of Shrek's success. To do this they re-dubbed the whole film (which was already in English) with a cast of despicable but recognizable Hollywood names and got them to spout as many pop culture references as possible. What was also added was a bad narrator and lines for characters that don't even speak. It is so loving bad that you would probably die if you tried to watch the whole thing. They also slapped Butch Hartman's (Fairly OddParents creator) name on it despite him having minimal impact on the film.

A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow Up, Timmy Turner! (2011)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xRs9s46C-8

Grow up Tommy Turnbuckle is a straight-to-TV live action film about the Fairly OddParents set in a future where Timmy never lost his Fairy GodParents by exploiting a loophole in Da Rules. He basically remains a technical child by staying in the 5th grade, never finding first love, and being cast as Drake Bell from Drake and Josh. His fairies are incorporated as CG monstrosities that add little to nothing to the film despite being the fairies. Timmy must quest to avoid losing his virginity to his long lost love Tootie Frootie while also battling the evil billionare overlord Doug Dimmadome owner of the Dimmsdale Dimmadome Donald Trump.

Those two fuckin Titanic Movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2dEF2aaLfY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghOKU8D-lMY

The Titanic was just a misunderstanding. Talking Rats. Rapping Dog. Muscle Octopus. I think there actually might be a third animated movie somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I was shown some weird Christian made movie when I was in 8th grade called the buttercream gang. It's really awful and is about this group of kids, one moves to the city, comes back, and is a big bad bully upon his return. It's incredibly terrible beyond belief

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
The Phantom Menace.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Robot Jox

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
The Empire Strikes Back

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Justin Bieber: Never Say Never

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Hardawn posted:

Robot Jox

gently caress you

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.

Hardawn posted:

Robot Jox

gently caress you

Hydrogen
May 12, 2001

Keep It Unreal

Putty posted:

Those two fuckin Titanic Movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2dEF2aaLfY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghOKU8D-lMY

The Titanic was just a misunderstanding. Talking Rats. Rapping Dog. Muscle Octopus. I think there actually might be a third animated movie somewhere.

You think right, and raising the Titanic to have a dance party on it is the least crazy thing that happens in it:

https://www.somethingawful.com/movie-reviews/search-titanic/1/

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Foodfight (2012)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5cAHrA8Qiw

The production of Foodfight is a true mystery. The animated feature about a Charlie Sheen detective dog that does not rap was set to the be the next Toy Story, but a studio fire supposedly done in sabotage burned the whole film to shreds. it was then recreated hastily in like 5 minutes to appease the ten billion product placement sponsors that would have lost their poo poo if the movie didn't get produced anyway. I honestly think it would have been a poo poo film even if the fire never happened.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Did you know there are subliminal sex messages on The Lion King?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Kuato posted:

I was shown some weird Christian made movie when I was in 8th grade called the buttercream gang. It's really awful and is about this group of kids, one moves to the city, comes back, and is a big bad bully upon his return. It's incredibly terrible beyond belief

I've seen that. The kids form a christian street gang (that goes around helping old people) and the one loses his way. Christians make bad films.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Holy poo poo what the gently caress is that fairly odd parents movie.

I think I'm gonna go with All Dogs Go to Heaven. Whilst it might seem like a good kids film its kinda sad and depressing then you have to tell your kid how Anne Marie was shot by her dad irl and he spent two days with the corpses of his family before offing himself.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Hoodwinked is ugly as gently caress

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Moneyball

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Also David Cronenberg's Crash (1996) is not a good movie for kids.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
any "youtube stars" kids movies like Annoying Orange the movie or Fred the movie or Smosh the movie (all available on Netflix and all horrible beyond words)

okay i only guessed about the annoying orange one but the other two are definitely real.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Animal Farm(19idk), a pathetic attempt to appeal to 90s edgelord tweens by luring innocent children in with promises of funny talk pigs running a farm, then mercilessly slay a hundred cocks in front of them

Thankfully i think it flopped because it never got a squeakquel

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

JiveHonky posted:

any "youtube stars" kids movies like Annoying Orange the movie or Fred the movie or Smosh the movie (all available on Netflix and all horrible beyond words)

okay i only guessed about the annoying orange one but the other two are definitely real.

This is true. Wait until the Spiderman and Elsa toy channel movie.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Blackfyre posted:

This is true. Wait until the Spiderman and Elsa toy channel movie.

:cry:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

FutonForensic posted:

Hoodwinked is ugly as gently caress

I fondly remember it being another Shrek ripoff so sounds about right

JiveHonky posted:

fun fact: fred movie ends with fred's prostitute mom finding his real father in a gas station restroom

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Baby Geniuses 3: Baby Squad Investigators

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

its loving gooby and it isnt even a competition

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
Why do you know so much about children's movies?

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

Jesus Christ posted:

Why do you know so much about children's movies?

A better response may have been:

Children's movies are for children OP.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Blackfyre posted:

Holy poo poo what the gently caress is that fairly odd parents movie.

I think I'm gonna go with All Dogs Go to Heaven. Whilst it might seem like a good kids film its kinda sad and depressing then you have to tell your kid how Anne Marie was shot by her dad irl and he spent two days with the corpses of his family before offing himself.

Or you can not tell them those details? :confused:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Felix the Cat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUxq01jlGKA

Harold Stassen fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 24, 2017

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Putty posted:

Foodfight (2012)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5cAHrA8Qiw

The production of Foodfight is a true mystery. The animated feature about a Charlie Sheen detective dog that does not rap was set to the be the next Toy Story, but a studio fire supposedly done in sabotage burned the whole film to shreds. it was then recreated hastily in like 5 minutes to appease the ten billion product placement sponsors that would have lost their poo poo if the movie didn't get produced anyway. I honestly think it would have been a poo poo film even if the fire never happened.
This movie is truly something awful

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
max keebler

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Kuato posted:

Or you can not tell them those details? :confused:

That is some Don Bluth levels of darkness, man :smith:

E: because it IS a Don Bluth movie, lol

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
American Tail, Brave Little Toaster were not bad movies but to this day I will not watch them because of how hosed up they made me feel- probably the closest I have to a traumatic memory.

Any other kids movie I won't watch out of disinterest- these are more of a Clockwork Orange thing

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Fight Club

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
delgo was another recent famous cgi bomb, but it's not as weird as that Scottish cgi movie about the skateboarding old man Sean Connery was in

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Blackfyre posted:

A better response may have been:

Children's movies are for children OP.

or "what subforum do you mod?"

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
What was that really lovely E.T. ripoff/McDonald's commercial movie?

I vote for that.

e: Mac and Me

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hardawn posted:

Robot Jox

I hope someone glues shut your rear end in a top hat and forcefeeds you laxatives.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

BirryJoru posted:

What was that really lovely E.T. ripoff/McDonald's commercial movie?

I vote for that.

e: Mac and Me

haha you have to watch this if you haven't seen it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bNzAgJMYVE

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
mac and me:

nukie:

gooby:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

cool new Polack jokes posted:

American Tail, Brave Little Toaster were not bad movies but to this day I will not watch them because of how hosed up they made me feel- probably the closest I have to a traumatic memory.

Any other kids movie I won't watch out of disinterest- these are more of a Clockwork Orange thing

You wont have to worry about the first, trumps gonna ban it for promoting illicit activities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Here's my top 5 list for worst kids movies of all time:

5:

4:

3:

2:

1:

• Locked thread