Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

To finish the thread, I have here a series of Amazon reviews of these books.

quote:

Talk about twists and turns, these books have them!!! So enjoyed these characters and the connected storylines. They were edge of your seat, nail biters. Hope to see the Ghosts in other stories soon??? This country needs more Bobby Murphy's and more people willing to give terrorists more of what they seem to want to give us. In spades!!!! Thanks, Amarillo Turtle

quote:

Chosen from the top military men in their field, because each man lost someone they loved to terrorism, this rogue force of Dela Force, Marines, and Navy Seals gives back to terrorists what they have been dishing out; TERROR!

The result is a great book, and series on America's War on Terror, and shows us the only way this war can be fought, and Won!

Loads of action, a great plot, and well drawn out characters, with personalities lacking in many, if not most books of this type, Strike Force Alpha is a great book in the first of the best series to be written on this subject to date!

WARNING; Anyone concerned with "Political Correctness" or sympathies for those who blindsided us on 9/11 SHOULD NOT READ THIS BOOK!

quote:

fantastiic writer to bad series has ended, mark maloney has the pulse of the soldier. very intense and can't put it down

quote:

As others have said, the action is pretty much non-stop. It's an easy and fast paced read, this being the first Mack Maloney book I've read. It most likely won't be my last. Aside from the action, a number of comments by other reviewers could be right on, i.e., taking it to al-Qaeda right where it hurts and right where they are. Some might question that this is "not the American way," but then again today, war is not the same as it was 65+ years ago either.

quote:

Let me start by saying that this author is the same author of the RAPTOR FORCE series. That series is a very good series. I had a very very big problem with the ending of that series and I wrote the author. He answered my post and told me to try this series. The only book of this series that I could get was this one.

This book is one of the best of this genre. The author in a very few pages and with quick strokes creates fully developed charaters that the reader imediately likes and then charges on with the plot and action. This is a simple revenge plot, however the reader is fully on the side of the good guys. The attack on the stronghold of the terrorists by a small handful of soldiers is great and one that stays with the reader.

HOWEVER, the ending resulted in me throwing the book across the room and cursing the author for doing it to me again. The author is very frustrating. He writes great series and then he ...... well let me say tha you have been warned!

quote:

In the ultimate chapter of this short but magnificent four volume series by Mack Maloney, we see both the author and his characters achieve a near-rapturous level of comprehension and undersatndomg of what it takes to destroy evil.

After being loosed by the governemnt to punish Islamic fundamentalists in a way we - all right-thinking Americans, that is - would want to do, Bobby Murphy and his band of brothers finally realize and accept you cannot kill all your enemies. (If only those self-same Islamic fundementalists would learn that!)

Instead, the story closes - after a thrilling plot, in which external and internal bad guys are eliminated - with the team learning that change must come from within if it is to be lasting.

Maloney's writing continues to improve with every volume. While this book is - as are all his others - not politically correct, they are still marvelous entertainment in the John Wayne mold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

"Bring terror to the terrorists" is a great military tactic that worked wonders in such conflicts like

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

JcDent posted:

"Bring terror to the terrorists" is a great military tactic that worked wonders in such conflicts like

Oh yeah. Don't forget the campaign of

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

JcDent posted:

The Punic wars, I guess? Kind of a cheat, though, because after the Romans won they could make up whatever poo poo they wanted about how the Carthaginians were all baby-murdering terrorists.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

To be honest, I was kind of expecting them to be converting to Islam so they could get into Mecca and destroy it. I'm not sure if that's better or worse than what actually happened.

Also, the thing that bothered me most about these books (beyond the obvious) is that this guy can't write an antagonist for poo poo.

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

U.T. Raptor posted:

To be honest, I was kind of expecting them to be converting to Islam so they could get into Mecca and destroy it. I'm not sure if that's better or worse than what actually happened.

Also, the thing that bothered me most about these books (beyond the obvious) is that this guy can't write an antagonist for poo poo.

He can write for piss

Random Axis
Jul 18, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

“My friend Nietzsche once wrote: ‘He who fights against monsters should see to it that he does not become a monster himself.’”

Thank goodness the Superhawks made it to the end of the game books without becoming monsters!

Holy poo poo, I just binge read both threads and it was like someone tried to write an expanded universe for the Team America movie. Except they didn't know it was supposed to be a comedy. Thanks for the great find chitoryu12, I hope your psyche recovers quickly after reading that garbage.

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

Random Axis posted:

Thank goodness the Superhawks made it to the end of the game books without becoming monsters!

Holy poo poo, I just binge read both threads and it was like someone tried to write an expanded universe for the Team America movie. Except they didn't know it was supposed to be a comedy. Thanks for the great find chitoryu12, I hope your psyche recovers quickly after reading that garbage.

It'll never get a break, since after I finish the two War Heaven books I'm probably going to continue with Mack Maloney's dreck. I'm already dedicated to seeing Wingman through to the end.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

What War Heaven books?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

JcDent posted:

What War Heaven books?

I mentioned them at the end of the last update. Ryder Long made his first appearance back in Mack's early days in the early 90s, in a pair of Wingman-esque crazy pulp novels. I'm going to do them in a separate thread to close this chapter of the Maloney universe.

• Locked thread