Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
ABCD - Our troops will have the best intoxicants, will be on the greatest bender, they're going to drink so much they get tired of drinking.

GI NASA not being in easy reach is FAKE NEWS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

:roflolmao:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

This, the troops will get drunk regardless. I'm sure the generals will find a way to make getting drunk on duty both unfun and expensive for their men.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

:aaa: this is the most amazing thing I have ever read

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
F, J: Find out why English and/or German intelligence have gone quiet since that's the one part of this that's actually deeply ominous.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
1D, H, and I

Tell Vlad things are taking too long, I want to be King of the Dreaming now!!!

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

quote:

F) Tell the generals to do what they think is best

"This is a military issue generals, you do what you think is best."

Admiral Richardson sighs, he must be pissed you didn't address him properly. Whatever, gently caress you you ungrateful poo poo.

The Joint Chiefs scurry off, they seem a little too happy. That could be problems down the road. Hmmmmmm.

quote:

I) Tell those NASA nerds to set up a base at the white house

You look at Bannon and Jerry and start telling them what to do.

"Get those Pencil dicks from NASA to relocate all their intel and bring them here."

Jerry looks at you concerned.

"Are you sure sir? That'll be seen as a confirmation that this is alien in nation, people could panic."

"Yes I'm loving sure. What I'm not sure of is whether you'll be employed or not by the end of the day."

With that you set Jerry straight. loving rear end in a top hat.

What to do now?

A) Check Twitter (Discover what people are saying is going on in the dream, search for rumors)

B) Turn on Fox News (Learn what other countries are doing)

C) Bannon's phone seems to be going off the hook, ask him what's up (Learn what Bannon's people think)

D) Player choice

E) Read relevant memos and reports created by officials on this disturbance Unlocked once you've reached level 2

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
C: Mr President, Sir, what now?

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Try to contact that british lady, Margaret was her name?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Mr. Nemo posted:

Yeah, pretty sure I remember reading about Queen Thatcher being a total badass during their civil war with... Chile? No. South Africa? Yeah. Badass. Let's see how she's handling things.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

A It's always twitter time!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

B. Absorb alternate fact

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
A + B, what kind of president can't multitask

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

RandallODim posted:

A + B, what kind of president can't multitask
Trump?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
D hold a rally, why bother being useful and effective when we can just feel good about ourselves?

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

Mr. Nemo posted:

Advance the plot

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
C

Time we find out this fella is doing behind our backs.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Mr. Nemo posted:

This. We need to grab this problem by the pussy.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

You whip out your phone and begin looking at twitter.

Apparently there's writing in the dream people are starting to see. This doesn't bode well.

You turn on Fox news.

quote:

A fugitive remains on the run today after escaping custody at Fulton prison. Details are slim at this point but the US Marshal service is asking people to be on the lookout. The man was wounded by a gunshot prior to escape.

In Germany scientists are working furiously to decode the language seen in the most recent dream experienced. These writings may not be complete enough to discern anything, especially without context however attempts remain hopeful. This comes as leaks spread throughout the EU of a unified effort to examine the dream and understand it. There is still no word on the American response however there are reports that NASA is relocating.

You decide to call Teresa. It actually looks like she's been trying to reach you all day.

Jerry sits down in the side office with you and sets it up. You make the call.

"Hello Teresa."

"Hello Mr. President."

There's enough derision dripping off her words to drown the Atlantic. gently caress her.

"So I'm on the phone here, what do you know about this dream thing."

"Well Mr. President, the EU has created a collective that we have joined to try and figure out what exactly this thing is. We'd like to welcome you to send your best resources to it and we have a list of American personnel we would like to work with. All information is shared simultaneously and instantly between all participating countries. I have a busy schedule Mr. President, what will it be?"

It's getting pretty late and you have a pretty strict "6 and done" policy and it's already 7p and you want this call done. What should you do?

A) "Sure, you can have the entire list. However I demand you relocate your efforts to America. We have more assets anyways and we're already working with the Asians" [Bluff]

B) "Sure, we'll send the entire list over once I take a look at it and my people confirm"

C) "America can work on it's own without you, however we will share our assets with you if you do the same"

D) "Your entire navy couldn't even beat a bunch of farmers with pitch forks and despite being the center of the 'enlightened' world we made electricity, cars, and radio first. No offense but we're good." [Not a bluff, you believe this]

E) "I need to speak with people and get back to you." Hang up on her, show her who's in charge. Total 80's power move.

mugrim fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Mar 19, 2017

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

E, of course

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
E

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
D

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

E. Only if Russia is in

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
E, and tell Jerry to start putting together our own collective. The best collective.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
I want to advance the plot, but I can't see Donald Trump ever doing A-C...

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Volmarias posted:

I want to advance the plot, but I can't see Donald Trump ever doing A-C...

Yeah, trust me that I'm not in favor of playing the exaggerated version of Donald Trump, but not doing a power move seems way out of character.

We should call her up in a few hours (like 4 AM UK time, obviously) and agree to A.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
Weren't we going to ask why their intelligence went quiet? Or is that over now?

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Ralith posted:

Weren't we going to ask why their intelligence went quiet? Or is that over now?

This is a viable option

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

So E

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

mugrim posted:

This is a viable option

Uh, ask why their intelligence went quiet? :confused:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Ralith posted:

This, please.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Ralith posted:

"That's part of the deal Mr. President. You either work with us on this or we stay dark. Every other nation involved has made the same deal."

Do you want to still hang up?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

mugrim posted:

"That's part of the deal Mr. President. You either work with us on this or we stay dark. Every other nation involved has made the same deal."

No

"Allright, fine. I'm considering your deal...

And I find your deal acceptable, but only just. You're lucky I'm a shrewd negotiator.

Whew.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Outrail posted:

No

"Allright, fine. I'm considering your deal...

And I find your deal acceptable, but only just. You're lucky I'm the best negotiator.

Whew.

Fixed, but this.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

mugrim posted:

Yes. They're trying to out-powerplay us, this cannot stand as that would be admitting we were wr... wr... wro... FAKE CORRECT.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

AJ_Impy posted:

Yes. They're trying to out-powerplay us, this cannot stand as that would be admitting we were wr... wr... wro... FAKE CORRECT.

This.

Ain't no woman gonna tell me what to do in my house. The Best House.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Anyone got eyes on Mugrim?

Did the curse strike again?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

If he is transported to the Red Chinese Prison, then i would like to take over this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Nyaa posted:

If he is transported to the Red Chinese Prison, then i would like to take over this thread.

Dude, what other threads do you follow? It seems like you and I have similar tastes, and I don't want to be missing out on any other fun threads out there.

• Locked thread