Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

CourValant posted:

Dude, what other threads do you follow?
Eh, just the trump thread and whatever cyoa that strikes me fancy,

*double check bookmark*

:eng99: Yes... sadly. What other thread do you follow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Nyaa posted:

Eh, just the trump thread and whatever cyoa that strikes me fancy,

*double check bookmark*

:eng99: Yes... sadly. What other thread do you follow?

The Battletech one:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3383329&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1850

The Monster Hunting one:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3746086&pagenumber=78#lastpost

And two 40k ones:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3657951&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=685

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3202242&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=28

I considered Paradise Lost, except I just don't have the time to read it from the beginning.

So you serious about taking over this thread?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Well yes, unless i am spreading fake news to spice up the thread?

Won't want to say anything more until i gain immunity from any bannable crime from the local mod. They should REALLY give me that immunity because i have a LOT of dirt to spill. I swear to the western god!

Until then, this is all a SAD dream. You hear nothing. Nothing!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'm totally on board for a treasonous CYOA coup and this is the best thread for it.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
I'd like to invite the both of you to my house where I will disclose some irrelevant information which anyone can get access to (which I won't state for the record because then it will give our enemies the exact means to fight us).

You can then come back the next day and brief me on what I told you.

Oh, and blah blah blah, I winning the Dream, one tweet at a time.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

The quint thread is archived, you can't exactly "follow" it anymore :ssh:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Volmarias posted:

The quint thread is archived, you can't exactly "follow" it anymore :ssh:

Thanks for the tip; what I meant was, I'm slowly reading my way through it, I'm on page 30 right now.

Also, sucks that its archived, I was really getting into the story.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

CourValant posted:

Thanks for the tip; what I meant was, I'm slowly reading my way through it, I'm on page 30 right now.

Also, sucks that its archived, I was really getting into the story.

You mentioned Paradise Lost being too long. Diog made a recap for it at some point if you want to join in, linked in his OP. Or if you want to join #madgod on synirc you can get up to date on it pretty quick, at least the important bits. The recap itself is fairly lengthy but not amazingly so. The IRC is also the IRC for most other CYOAs going on, including the monster hunter one as well as Loel's game.

Come be a 10 foot tall black muscle wizard. It is good and cool.

e: this has been my daily PL plug, carry on.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
If you haven't started reading PL it isn't a CYOA. It's a novel you read a bit at a time, and when you get to end you're allowed to help guide the next chapter. Or at least argue about the direction of the next chapter.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

SerSpook posted:

e: this has been my daily PL plug, carry on.

Cool Beans, thanks for the advice and invite! (smile)

I don't have a lot of time to invest here, so I read and play along when I can; that's why I never put my name on the pilot list for PTN's Battletech fun.

Still, maybe I'll read the recap one of these days, after I get through all of Quints shenanigans.

Outrail posted:

. . . it's a novel you read a bit at a time, and when you get to end you're allowed to help guide the next chapter. Or at least argue about the direction of the next chapter.

That's what I gathered from the bits and pieces I've read in the other threads. Its more a lifestyle then anything else.

Nyaa posted:

Well yes, unless i am spreading fake news to spice up the thread?

So, you taking over this bad-boy or what?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

CourValant posted:

So, you taking over this bad-boy or what?
It's only ten days since op last post, but i will start a new thread instead.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Nyaa posted:

It's only ten days since op last post, but i will start a new thread instead.

Cool Beans, please post the link? I'm bad at finding new threads.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

CourValant posted:

I will post it tonight after finishing up images of our glorious leader.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

CourValant posted:

Link

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

You're the best Nyaa, see you in the new one!

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.
"I need to speak with people and get back to you." Hang up on her, show her who's in charge. Total 80's power move. Now she knows who's in charge. She needs us more than we need her. Let's let her stew on it a little bit.

All of a sudden everyone's phones start going off simultaneously, yours included. A youtube video with over a million views posted just a few minutes ago is going viral.

quote:

In it you see a young urban man in rural Kentucky. Four cops show up to the scene. You hear lots of screaming from the officers through the dash cam, centered right on the youth. You hear lots of mention of them saying shots fired. The police point their weapons at the man who drops a pistol in his hand and begins to raise his arms in one motion. It all happens in just a second but one of the police gets worried and opens fire. Immediately the other three join in. Four police less than 10 yards away open fire emptying their entire pistols into the young man. You see small blotches of blood very very slowly leak out of the man from dozens of chunks of missing flesh and bullet holes,, almost congealed like jelly and moving slower than blood should ever move. A chunk of his cheek is just gone, yet no blood falls.

The man is still standing despite these holes in him. Two of the cops move in and throw cuffs on him and call an ambulance.

You hear the cops "Holy poo poo holy poo poo holy poo poo what happened?"

One of the cops starts sticking his finger in the bullet holes. The young man asks him to stop it.

The video ends

What do you do?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

SAD!

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 6, 2017

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

mugrim posted:

"I need to speak with people and get back to you." Hang up on her, show her who's in charge. Total 80's power move. Now she knows who's in charge. She needs us more than we need her. Let's let her stew on it a little bit.

All of a sudden everyone's phones start going off simultaneously, yours included. A youtube video with over a million views posted just a few minutes ago is going viral.

What do you do?

Opine loudly on Twitter about how we are the law and order candidate president and how we need to support our brave police officers.

Have the science nerds do something about the unkillable Democrats.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Volmarias posted:

Opine loudly on Twitter about how we are the law and order candidate president and how we need to support our brave police officers.

this, but also suggest that this has been caused by new illegal street drugs being brought in from mexico, build the wall NOW

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Tweet about Apprentice Ratings instead.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

hah!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

mugrim posted:

What do you do?

Mugrim, great to see you back!

Volmarias posted:

Clearly we've fallen behind on The Dreaming arms-race. 'Murica needs to have the biggest guns in the room, 'Murica will have the biggest guns in the room!

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Volmarias posted:

You fire off a tweet about how Law and Order will be restored in Kentucky no matter the cost.

"Jeremy, i need you to tell our NASA boys to get on this."

Jerry is getting too comfortable, gotta knock him down a peg.

Your phone rings and your secretary announces the caller.

"It's Michelle Bachelet"

Ugh, can one loving broad handle her own country without calling the big boys?

A) Talk to her and see what she wants

B) Ignore the call

C) Talk to her and see what she wants but do it with a margarita

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
1C: Start by asking her what she's wearing, and then ask her to send you some of that Seabass.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

mugrim posted:

C) Talk to her and see what she wants but do it with a margarita

Are we fully on the alcohol train now? If so, C is a given regardless of potential insult value.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

CourValant posted:

1C: Start by asking her what she's wearing, and then ask her to send you some of that Seabass.

+1

Get her to agree to bass to mouth :pervert:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

McSpanky posted:

+1

Get her to agree to bass to mouth :pervert:

Alright, this finally broke me.

I've never learned how to do those 'emoticon-yellow-ballman-animations'.

This comment however deserves a 'Bravo'.

How do I put in one of those 'yellow-ballman-things', and is there a listing of all available 'yellow-ballman-things'?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

CourValant posted:

Alright, this finally broke me.

I've never learned how to do those 'emoticon-yellow-ballman-animations'.

This comment however deserves a 'Bravo'.

How do I put in one of those 'yellow-ballman-things', and is there a listing of all available 'yellow-ballman-things'?

It's the button marked 'Smilies' beneath the text box, between 'check message length' and 'BBcode'.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Black Magic.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

AJ_Impy posted:

It's the button marked 'Smilies' beneath the text box, between 'check message length' and 'BBcode'.

:catholic:

By the way, bummed I missed out on your Godlet game, looked really, really fun!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

CourValant posted:

:catholic:

By the way, bummed I missed out on your Godlet game, looked really, really fun!

Credit to the players for that, :) My current Godgame is always open for Muses and hero ideas if you'd like to get involved this time around.

On topic:
1C, and see if the Secret Service can find that damned lost shaker of salt, we're wasting away here.

Edit:

CourValant posted:

Link? I'm horrible at finding threads.

Here.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 7, 2017

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

AJ_Impy posted:

Credit to the players for that, :) My current Godgame is always open for Muses and hero ideas if you'd like to get involved this time around.

Link? I'm horrible at finding threads.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

CourValant posted:

"What are you wearing?"

Michelle laughs.

"You always were funny Mr. President."

Great, she wants something.

"I like your bass"

"I like some good bass too. I'll send you a crate."

"Why are you calling Michelle?"

She cuts to the chase and drops the act.

"I heard through the grapevine that you are still considering Europe's offer. I'd like to extend the same offer they did, but with one caveat: You'd effectively lead the charge. There are some concessions we'd want of course. Ecuador, Brazil, Colombia, Bolivia, Venezuela, and of course Chile would all require you to build a state of the art university as part of our cooperation. We would share any and every resource we could to assist you and you'd obviously have full access to our full academic and archaeological coalitions as well as anything discovered.

You could choose to run it day to day, ask us to run it with you getting all the credit, whatever you want."

What do you do?

A) Accept the offer, but add an addendum that you want to be given an official government position in each respective government.

B) I like their attitude better, they know their place. I love Chiles, eat there all the time. Let's go with it.

C) Reject it outright and let her make the counteroffer herself

D) Politely decline

E) Player choice

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
E: B, but they also have to give us some real estate for a Trump tower in each capital city. And they're gonna pay for it.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

D, still waiting on Putin.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Why is Argentina not in The coalition? WHAT ARE YOU HIDING MICHELLE?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

B, but remove any country that sounds like third world country. We are not getting trick into taking their research debt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
1C

"Okay Michelle, nice opener, you've got my attention for the next 90 seconds; now, give me your real offer.

You need something R&D'ed, and you need it bad. What do the preliminary reports say?

And, before you pitch me, consider this; from now on, I want every Miss Universe contestant from this coalition to come up here for a one year 'internship'. That's every year, I get the latest 'model', as it were."

• Locked thread