Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
E: I can't read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Infinitum posted:

If my Aussie midnight launch is any experience, early.

The earlier the better.

:ohdear:

God, gently caress it, I'll go as soon as my 3DS is charged up.

This is ridiculous. I love it.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Anyway, Omeleotl pointed out that my GameStop orders should be confirmed through MyUPS, so I registered to check and both my console and Zelda were on track for tomorrow

Now all that's left is to make the new thread. I should have it up at 9:30 PM EST

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I love the comments on the one negative review of BotW. Nerds getting mad at reviews for games they haven't played in the year 2017.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Stan Taylor posted:

I love the comments on the one negative review of BotW. Nerds getting mad at reviews for games they haven't played in the year 2017.

It follows in the Zelda review tradition. Now BotW can join 8.8 Twilight Princess and 7.5 Skyward Sword

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Stan Taylor posted:

Just reminds me of that one Mega 64 video.
"You ruined the metascore! You broke my heart."

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Stan Taylor posted:

What negative review there's nothing below 90 on MC

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

grand theft grotto posted:

Just reminds me of that one Mega 64 video.
"You ruined the metascore! You broke my heart."

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Jimmy Hats posted:

I'm doing both, hedging my bets, i am many things and none of them good, but a liar is not one of them!!!!

I cannot apologise enough!

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

It's almost as though you can't really assign an objective numerical value to a work of art :v:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's almost like review scores are relative to the standards and expectations of the time in which they are published, and don't just continue increasing past 100% as new generations of games become more robust, detailed, and ambitious.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The "one negative review" comes from a glorified blog site, from someone who appears to not have played the game or at least not received a review copy, instead judging it by and talking at length based on impressions of footage and other people playing it, all on top of not actually giving it a score and thus not affecting the aggregate score or even being counted there at all.

The people dogpiling it in anger are ridiculous on account of it being utterly pointless, but the people clinging to it as voice of reasonable dissent in the sea of biased praise are similarly ridiculous.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Did we ever get confirmation on whether Bluetooth earphones work with the Switch? Do the joycons or pro controller have a headphone port? Basically can I play with headphones while it's docked.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Quick post the guy whining about horizon being the true pure work of art and Zelda for kids.

(all games are for kids and fun) [not all games are fun]

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

Did we ever get confirmation on whether Bluetooth earphones work with the Switch? Do the joycons or pro controller have a headphone port? Basically can I play with headphones while it's docked.

No, no, and the 3.5mil is on top so you can still use it while docked. some 'starter pack's have a super long cord. lol.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

TFRazorsaw posted:

The "one negative review" comes from a glorified blog site, from someone who appears to not have played the game or at least not received a review copy, instead judging it by and talking at length based on impressions of footage and other people playing it, all on top of not actually giving it a score and thus not affecting the aggregate score or even being counted there at all.

The people dogpiling it in anger are ridiculous on account of it being utterly pointless, but the people clinging to it as voice of reasonable dissent in the sea of biased praise are similarly ridiculous.

How do you even *find* poo poo like this? Like, the lowest score on Metacritic is a 90 and you're saying this one negative review is just on some rando blog site?

Why even going looking for that kind of thing? Where do you even find it?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
SoCal boys and girls my Switch shipped. Hasn't been picked up yet but they made the label. This is Best Buy.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

ComposerGuy posted:

How do you even *find* poo poo like this? Like, the lowest score on Metacritic is a 90 and you're saying this one negative review is just on some rando blog site?

I haven't looked at this, but generally for a game Im on the fence for I look at a high score a medium score and a low score on metacritic. I like to know why people liked it or hated it. I also avoid like things like playstationlife for a ps4 game or something like that. And the low score usually start with "I hate open world games, heres my review of one"

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ComposerGuy posted:

The internet is a big place with lots of people looking around for things, and once one person finds something and shares it it catches like wildfire. To it's credit the site seems to have a couple of people running it decently but it doesn't seem to be much more than a bunch of people running a gaming news blog together.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I am excited for the Ninturdo Turd!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

bitter and a splash of metacritic salt.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
First thing I'm doing in Breath of the Wild is trying to kill the old man who gives you your first weapon.

See how open this world really is :getin:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Holy gently caress guys I just want to gush about Zelda so hard.

Just the emergent gameplay that is possible and how the AI reacts to different things is just :allears:

“To avoid the possibility of accidental ingestion, keep the game card away from young children. A bittering agent (Denatonium Benzoate) has also been applied to the game card. This bittering agent is non-toxic.”

So yeah. Intentional and as people have guessed to stop kids putting poo poo in their mouth.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i hope i get a switch

Wendell
May 11, 2003

eonwe posted:

i hope i get a switch

I hope you get one but also step into a mud puddle, soaking your shoes.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Healbot posted:

Wow, is it from the German eshop?

If yes, BRB buying shop codes
Nope, American eShop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Anyway, Omeleotl pointed out that my GameStop orders should be confirmed through MyUPS, so I registered to check and both my console and Zelda were on track for tomorrow

Now all that's left is to make the new thread. I should have it up at 9:30 PM EST

Everybody please hang tight till the one actual Turd thread is completed.

Go nuts with anticipation!
Thank you all!

• Locked thread