Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

First, some background.

I use to own a Glock 32 (.357 SIG) a long time ago.
Looking for a gun for conceal/open carry in Texas.
Not licensed.....yet, gun purchase will start that process.
Have not gone to gun shop to see actual gun in person.

Okay, I am thinking of getting a Glock 19 (9mm) as my home/personal defense weapon. I prefer Glocks just FYI.

Thoughts?

Any suggestions on carrying gun on self while riding motorcycle (FZ-07)? Shoulder or belt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Butch Cassidy posted:

Go back in time and keep the 32.

But the 19 is an adequate pistol that will work and bore everyone around you to tears when you become enamored and never shut up about it.

Oh don't get me wrong, I loved the 32. I just couldn't stomach the higher price for ammo.

Funny story time:

I sold that gun to my old boss at the time. He told me that he wanted the pistol but wanted to do the sale at work because he didn't want his wife to know about it.

I sold him the pistol and the case it came in during lunch in the parking garage.

The next day, I asked him if he liked the gun. He said it cost him a remodeled kitchen. I asked why and he said that he couldn't restrain himself so when he got home, he pulled it out to look at it and his wife walked in.

Most expensive gun purchase he ever made.

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

sky shark posted:

What's your build? Belt carry on a motorcycle is a pain if you are fat, especially with the short waists of most motorcycle jackets. It's one of the few times I recommend a shoulder rig

Yea. I am worried about my jacket rubbing against it when I ride.

The bike isn't a pure sportsbike lean but more of a lean than a standard type bike.

I am not sure how it would feel under the jacket with a shoulder setup.

• Locked thread